electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
how to set up a visual c++ express thing for compiling ChucK
Page 2 of 3 [57 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dr. Spankenstein wrote:
Yup Kassen's file works great, I'm guessing its the latest version too.

Oops, yes. That's the latest official version without any tweaks. I should've stated that more clearly.

Dr. Spankenstein

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Linking...

Creating library Debug/chuck.lib and object Debug/chuck.exp

rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoInitialize@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall RtApiDs::RtApiDs(void)" (??0RtApiDs@@QAE@XZ)

rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoUninitialize@0 referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall RtApiDs::~RtApiDs(void)" (??1RtApiDs@@UAE@XZ)

rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetForegroundWindow@0 referenced in function "private: virtual bool __thiscall RtApiDs::probeDeviceOpen(int,enum RtApi::StreamMode,int,int,unsigned long,int *,int)" (?probeDeviceOpen@RtApiDs@@EAE_NHW4StreamMode@RtApi@@HHKPAHH@Z)

LIBCMTD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup

I've changed settings in the project properties -> linker -> subsystem to both CONSOLE and WIN32 but neither work.

All the libraries are linked correctly in the VC++ directories too.

I havent a clue where I'm going wrong here as I've followed the instructions carefully.

Rhys

PS. Thanks for clearing that up kassen
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For me these errors were solved by setting the additional dependencies for the project to the list that's on the previous page of this thread. I'll sum it up again, in the hope it will turn out to be useful Very Happy

In the solution explorer right click on the chuck_win32 project, select properties go to configuration properties/linker/input/additional dependencies and check that the list looks like :

dinput.lib
odbc32.lib
odbccp32.lib
dsound.lib
dxguid.lib
wsock32.lib
winmm.lib
User32.lib
gdi32.lib
Advapi32.lib
ole32.lib
kernel32.lib
oleaut32.lib

There may be a few too many, as I don't know what I'm doing exactly.

Dr. Spankenstein

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, I was being stupid and not explicitly adding them to the linker by typing them in.

Unfortunately with the code I compile, I constantly get debug assertion failures when trying to run the code....I'm not certain why and I feel I'm somewhat out my depth here!
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, Dr.; if it turns out it it's this hard then that's a interesting result in and of itself, especially considering that a senior hacker like BlueHell has trouble with it too. I'd say this is ground for petitioning for more and better docs on building for Windows.

I'm also happy to report I got a mail from Ge who described his first week at Stanford as "Insanity" but who will look at it in the near future.

I think we booked some nice results here already, even if it doesn't quite run on Windows yet and if I'm 99% sure I'm still missing something because there is a whole variable that's all through the Envelope code that I don't see any purpose to yet (oops!).

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dr. Spankenstein wrote:
I constantly get debug assertion failures when trying to run the code....

You're telling me you actually want to run the code Shocked

That's the one thing I didn't try sofar Laughing

What sort of exceptions are you getting?

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:

You're telling me you actually want to run the code Shocked

Well, I do! If the manual is more up-to-date then the VM that's terribly confusing to ChucKists, we depend on a lagging manual to give us the impression we are doing something new and exciting.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I run it I get :

Code:

'chuck.exe': Loaded 'D:\Download\Music\chuck\chuck-source-1.2.1.0\src\Debug\chuck.exe', Symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dinput.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\winmm.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dsound.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsock32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2help.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imm32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\lpk.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\usp10.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\hdspmme.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\hdspmme.dll'
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\myokent.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\usbmn2x2.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'chuck.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\usbmn2x2.dll'
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\usbmn2x2.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\usbmn2x2.dll', No symbols loaded.
'chuck.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\syncpipe.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
The program '[3148] chuck.exe: Native' has exited with code 1 (0x1).

Which is nothing to worry about.

ChucK itself wants a command line argument before it will do something, to be able to do that it's easiest to open a command window in the folder where the freshly compiled chuck.exe resides, and then type "chuck" at the command prompt, I get :

Code:

D:\Download\Music\chuck\chuck-source-1.2.1.0\src\Debug>chuck
[chuck]: no input files... (try --help)

D:\Download\Music\chuck\chuck-source-1.2.1.0\src\Debug>chuck --help
usage: chuck --[options|commands] [+-=^] file1 file2 file3 ...
   [options] = halt|loop|audio|silent|dump|nodump|server|about|
               srate<N>|bufsize<N>|bufnum<N>|dac<N>|adc<N>|
               remote<hostname>|port<N>|verbose<N>|probe|
               channels<N>|out<N>|in<N>|shell|empty|level<N>|
               blocking|callback|deprecate:{stop|warn|ignore}
   [commands] = add|remove|replace|remove.all|status|time|kill
   [+-=^] = shortcuts for add, remove, replace, status

chuck version: 1.2.1.0 (dracula)
   exe target: microsoft win32
   http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/

Which is not too bad I think for a starter. But what is needed is a way to specify a command line argument from within the debugger, so this can actually be debugged. Now this is the first time I see Visual C, so I need some searching for how to do that Very Happy

Found it, in the same chuck_win32 properties mentioned before, go to Configuration properties/debugging where you can type command arguments in the right pane.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back to the ASIO setup

lamarcph wrote:
sorry about that!

most of it is only typos:

4891 and 4914 -- EM_poplog();

That solves the compilation issues, I just commented out the std::cerr stuff as well. I now get a couple of linker errors, of course Very Happy

Code:

Linking...
   Creating library Debug/chuck.lib and object Debug/chuck.exp
chuck_dl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _dlerror referenced in function "public: unsigned long __thiscall Chuck_DLL::load(char const *,char const *,unsigned long)" (?load@Chuck_DLL@@QAEKPBD0K@Z)
chuck_dl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _dlopen referenced in function "public: unsigned long __thiscall Chuck_DLL::load(char const *,char const *,unsigned long)" (?load@Chuck_DLL@@QAEKPBD0K@Z)
chuck_dl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _dlclose referenced in function "public: unsigned long __thiscall Chuck_DLL::unload(void)" (?unload@Chuck_DLL@@QAEKXZ)
chuck_dl.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _dlsym referenced in function "public: void * __thiscall Chuck_DLL::get_addr(char const *)" (?get_addr@Chuck_DLL@@QAEPAXPBD@Z)
midiio_rtmidi.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall RtMidiOut::sendMessage(class std::vector<unsigned char,class std::allocator<unsigned> > *)" (?sendMessage@RtMidiOut@@QAEXPAV?$vector@EV?$allocator@E@std@@@std@@@Z) referenced in function "public: unsigned long __thiscall MidiOut::send(unsigned char,unsigned char,unsigned char)" (?send@MidiOut@@QAEKEEE@Z)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall AsioDrivers::removeCurrentDriver(void)" (?removeCurrentDriver@AsioDrivers@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall RtApiAsio::initialize(void)" (?initialize@RtApiAsio@@EAEXXZ)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall AsioDriverList::asioGetDriverName(int,char *,int)" (?asioGetDriverName@AsioDriverList@@QAEJHPADH@Z) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall RtApiAsio::initialize(void)" (?initialize@RtApiAsio@@EAEXXZ)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall AsioDriverList::asioGetNumDev(void)" (?asioGetNumDev@AsioDriverList@@QAEJXZ) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall RtApiAsio::initialize(void)" (?initialize@RtApiAsio@@EAEXXZ)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl ASIOGetChannelInfo(struct ASIOChannelInfo *)" (?ASIOGetChannelInfo@@YAJPAUASIOChannelInfo@@@Z) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall RtApiAsio::probeDeviceInfo(struct RtApi::RtApiDevice *)" (?probeDeviceInfo@RtApiAsio@@EAEXPAURtApiDevice@RtApi@@@Z)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl ASIOCanSampleRate(double)" (?ASIOCanSampleRate@@YAJN@Z) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall RtApiAsio::probeDeviceInfo(struct RtApi::RtApiDevice *)" (?probeDeviceInfo@RtApiAsio@@EAEXPAURtApiDevice@RtApi@@@Z)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl ASIOGetChannels(long *,long *)" (?ASIOGetChannels@@YAJPAJ0@Z) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall RtApiAsio::probeDeviceInfo(struct RtApi::RtApiDevice *)" (?probeDeviceInfo@RtApiAsio@@EAEXPAURtApiDevice@RtApi@@@Z)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl ASIOInit(struct ASIODriverInfo *)" (?ASIOInit@@YAJPAUASIODriverInfo@@@Z) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall RtApiAsio::probeDeviceInfo(struct RtApi::RtApiDevice *)" (?probeDeviceInfo@RtApiAsio@@EAEXPAURtApiDevice@RtApi@@@Z)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall AsioDrivers::loadDriver(char *)" (?loadDriver@AsioDrivers@@QAE_NPAD@Z) referenced in function "private: virtual void __thiscall RtApiAsio::probeDeviceInfo(struct RtApi::RtApiDevice *)" (?probeDeviceInfo@RtApiAsio@@EAEXPAURtApiDevice@RtApi@@@Z)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl ASIOCreateBuffers(struct ASIOBufferInfo *,long,long,struct ASIOCallbacks *)" (?ASIOCreateBuffers@@YAJPAUASIOBufferInfo@@JJPAUASIOCallbacks@@@Z) referenced in function "private: virtual bool __thiscall RtApiAsio::probeDeviceOpen(int,enum RtApi::StreamMode,int,int,unsigned long,int *,int)" (?probeDeviceOpen@RtApiAsio@@EAE_NHW4StreamMode@RtApi@@HHKPAHH@Z)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl ASIODisposeBuffers(void)" (?ASIODisposeBuffers@@YAJXZ) referenced in function "private: virtual bool __thiscall RtApiAsio::probeDeviceOpen(int,enum RtApi::StreamMode,int,int,unsigned long,int *,int)" (?probeDeviceOpen@RtApiAsio@@EAE_NHW4StreamMode@RtApi@@HHKPAHH@Z)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl ASIOGetBufferSize(long *,long *,long *,long *)" (?ASIOGetBufferSize@@YAJPAJ000@Z) referenced in function "private: virtual bool __thiscall RtApiAsio::probeDeviceOpen(int,enum RtApi::StreamMode,int,int,unsigned long,int *,int)" (?probeDeviceOpen@RtApiAsio@@EAE_NHW4StreamMode@RtApi@@HHKPAHH@Z)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl ASIOSetSampleRate(double)" (?ASIOSetSampleRate@@YAJN@Z) referenced in function "private: virtual bool __thiscall RtApiAsio::probeDeviceOpen(int,enum RtApi::StreamMode,int,int,unsigned long,int *,int)" (?probeDeviceOpen@RtApiAsio@@EAE_NHW4StreamMode@RtApi@@HHKPAHH@Z)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl ASIOStop(void)" (?ASIOStop@@YAJXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall RtApiAsio::closeStream(void)" (?closeStream@RtApiAsio@@UAEXXZ)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl ASIOStart(void)" (?ASIOStart@@YAJXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall RtApiAsio::startStream(void)" (?startStream@RtApiAsio@@UAEXXZ)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl ASIOOutputReady(void)" (?ASIOOutputReady@@YAJXZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall RtApiAsio::callbackEvent(long)" (?callbackEvent@RtApiAsio@@QAEXJ@Z)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall AsioDrivers::AsioDrivers(void)" (??0AsioDrivers@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'drivers''(void)" (??__Edrivers@@YAXXZ)
rtaudio.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall AsioDrivers::~AsioDrivers(void)" (??1AsioDrivers@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic atexit destructor for 'drivers''(void)" (??__Fdrivers@@YAXXZ)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: void __thiscall RtMidiIn::initialize(void)" (?initialize@RtMidiIn@@AAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall RtMidiIn::RtMidiIn(void)" (??0RtMidiIn@@QAE@XZ)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall RtMidiIn::openPort(unsigned int)" (?openPort@RtMidiIn@@UAEXI@Z)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall RtMidiIn::openVirtualPort(void)" (?openVirtualPort@RtMidiIn@@UAEXXZ)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual unsigned int __thiscall RtMidiIn::getPortCount(void)" (?getPortCount@RtMidiIn@@UAEIXZ)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall RtMidiIn::getPortName(unsigned int)" (?getPortName@RtMidiIn@@UAE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@I@Z)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall RtMidiIn::closePort(void)" (?closePort@RtMidiIn@@UAEXXZ)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall RtMidiIn::~RtMidiIn(void)" (??1RtMidiIn@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void * __thiscall RtMidiIn::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)" (??_GRtMidiIn@@UAEPAXI@Z)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: void __thiscall RtMidiOut::initialize(void)" (?initialize@RtMidiOut@@AAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall RtMidiOut::RtMidiOut(void)" (??0RtMidiOut@@QAE@XZ)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall RtMidiOut::openPort(unsigned int)" (?openPort@RtMidiOut@@UAEXI@Z)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall RtMidiOut::openVirtualPort(void)" (?openVirtualPort@RtMidiOut@@UAEXXZ)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual unsigned int __thiscall RtMidiOut::getPortCount(void)" (?getPortCount@RtMidiOut@@UAEIXZ)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall RtMidiOut::getPortName(unsigned int)" (?getPortName@RtMidiOut@@UAE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@I@Z)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall RtMidiOut::closePort(void)" (?closePort@RtMidiOut@@UAEXXZ)
rtmidi.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall RtMidiOut::~RtMidiOut(void)" (??1RtMidiOut@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void * __thiscall RtMidiOut::`scalar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)" (??_GRtMidiOut@@UAEPAXI@Z)

Any clues anyone?

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'm happy, in contrast getting
Code:
warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'

About a million times doesn't seem that bad anymore!

A while back Spencer gave a list of everything you need to compile ChucK on Linux, including all libaries, FLEXX, etc. Clearly there is a need for the same for Windows as this is getting silly.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
Clearly there is a need for the same for Windows as this is getting silly.

A list would be handy, yes Very Happy

At the same time this may look bad but it is probably something simple like a wrong calling convention or wrong name mangling (as clearly it should be possible to use DLLs in C easily) and I'm not really a C programmer. Google didn't give me any clues yet though.

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, all of that is bound to come from one little oops somewhere, I don't think you are expected to intuitively grasp what a "EAEXPAURtApiDevice" is or what it's having a problem with without a context beyond knowing we are talking about something related to a hook to a soundcard.....
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All the more respect for Phillipe though, too bad he's busy busy. I'm giving it a rest now for a couple of days. I'll probably still browse the code in the meanwhile, maybe I get a bright idea or something, we'll see.
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, me too. We lost the momentum, I'd rather throw some more hours at interesting problems then at roadblocks we know are solvable and will likely be gone in a few days.
lamarcph

G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is better than homework to make you look at stuff you should not look at?

Seriously, "soon", I will post a step by step tutorial on how to compile with express 2005. It's is strait forward, once you know how to do it.

However, Blue Hell, I never had anything like you are having now. Do you have all the DirectX and Windows SDK installed?

This is what I have as a preprocessor command line:

__PLATFORM_WIN32__;WIN32;_CONSOLE; __WINDOWS_ASIO__; __WINDOWS_DS__; _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS;

As I understand it, __WINDOWS_DS__ must still be there otherwise midi will not work.

I hope this works,
Philippe.

Last edited by lamarcph on Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lamarcph wrote:
Do you have all the DirectX and Windows SDK installed?

Yes I think so, the direct sound build works OK.

Quote:
This is what I have as a preprocessor command line:

__PLATFORM_WIN32__;WIN32;_CONSOLE; __WINDOWS_ASIO__; __WINDOWS_DS__; _SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS;

As I understand it, __WINDOWS_DS__ must still be there otherwise midi will not work.

I hope this works,

That might just be it Very Happy Will check this evening, thanks !

lamarcph

G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An other thing I forgot:

Depending on what winSDK you are using, be sure to add

#define _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING 0
#define _SECURE_SCL 0

at the top of chuck_oo.cpp, before #include "chuck_oo.h" .

Otherwise, it will compile fine, but it will crash as soon as you do a chuck array.
Dr. Spankenstein

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I finally got the .exe to compile and run in windows OK BUT......

This is what I get from the new env code when running kijaz's experiment...

Code:

"stage 1: 0 -> 1" : (string)
0.000000 :(float)
"stage 2: 1 -> 0" : (string)
"stage 3: 0 -> 2" : (string)
"stage 4: 1 -> 2" : (string)
"stage 5: 2 -> 1" : (string)

Any bright ideas?

Rhys

PS. If it werent for Philippe's last couple of helpful hints in his posts then I would have got nowhere with this so thanks man!
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah! I suspect that was a typo by Kijjaz. Replace e.last() by e.value().

E.last() reports the last sample calculated and with a 0 input that's 0. e.value() reports the value used as if e is used as a modulation envelope.

Also look at the original topic about the bug because I did some updates since you started; I had missed some important stuff. I believe we now have the core issues with Envelope documented but I can't guarantee my last version is production-quality, in the end I hacked some of it up quite badly (see the explanation there).

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dr. Spankenstein wrote:

PS. If it werent for Philippe's last couple of helpful hints in his posts then I would have got nowhere with this so thanks man!

Yes! Great stuff, thanks for taking the time, P!

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lamarcph wrote:
An other thing I forgot:

Thanks Philippe, your remarks make VC produce an exe with ASIO support enabled !!

moudi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dr. Spankenstein wrote:
Could someone please attach the windows source for me as I'm not getting a .tar file with a folder inside but instead an odd file that nothing can seem to open?!

i had the same behaviour.
looks like that my winrar wasn't able to handle this file correctly.
i tried another zip tool from here: http://www.simplyzip.com and with this one it was no problem.

many thx to all of you for the investigations for compiling chuck.
with these helpful hints i was able to compile my own chuck version. Very Happy

jassas
/moudi
moudi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi all

i tried to compile a chuck asio version, but i get still some errors.
i will try to explain what i already did.

1) i was able to compile a chuck DS version successfuly. i took this as the base for my asio chuck.

2) changed the preprocessor settings as mentioned by philippe.

3) corrected the typos (EM_poplog() and the cerr block).

4) added the #define to chuck_oo.cpp as mentioned by philippe.

5) copied the asio directory of the rtaudio to the chuck sources (since chuck refers to a /asio/asiosys.h)

6) hit the compile button and got some nasty errors like this one:
Code:
error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""long __cdecl
ASIOGetChannelInfo(struct ASIOChannelInfo *)"
(?ASIOGetChannelInfo@@YAJPAUASIOChannelInfo@@@Z)"
in Funktion ""private: virtual void __thiscall RtApiAsio::probeDeviceInfo(struct RtApi::RtApiDevice *)"
(?probeDeviceInfo@RtApiAsio@@EAEXPAURtApiDevice@RtApi@@@Z)".   rtaudio.obj   

they seem to be the similar ones as you got BlueHell before you solved it.

i'm pretty sure i forgot to do something important (must be the case otherwise i shouldn't get the errors Laughing

any ideas or hints?

jassas
/moudi
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't there a kind soul who could share a ASIO build ,exe of 1.2.1.1? I don't have one either ATM.

Unless you, Moudi, have custom tweaks you need with yours?

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have an untested version of 1.2.1.0 only.
Page 2 of 3 [57 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
Jump to: