electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » fonik's place
3rd run of PCBs for the PS3100 Resonators & the X-panfader
Page 2 of 14 [349 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 12, 13, 14 Next
machine.cuisine

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm in. It would be great if this goes through.
johans121

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would be all over a the stereo resonator PCB!

I've been laying out the framework for a new 'prepatched' modular for about a week now and I was planning on including the resonator in the output stage - however I was wanting to use 'separate' L|R channels (kind of like the dsi evolver).... this would be icing on the cake (along with JH's new 'subtle chorus').

-Jim
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

camelneck wrote:
>>Just checking to see if any updates on a 3rd run of a stereo version of this board - how close to 50 people are on board, how far down in your work queue is the design updates, etc? <<

That's a good question. I wonder if Mathias (Fonik) has been keeping a list? As soon as Matthias finishes his design, I'd like for someone to start an official list to see how close we are to 50. I'm afraid that some people may not be aware of this discussion since the title for this thread doesn't mention 'Stereo' PS-3100 Resonators.

valid points. i don't have a list yet. i wanted to proceed as usual (better: as i did before). i will hopefully coming up with something useful first, then i would ask for interest in boards in a separate thread, since you are the owner of THIS thread actually.

Quote:
I wonder if Moderator Scott can change the title of this thread to "PCB Boards for Stereo PS-3100 Resonator Project".

you could Very Happy just edit your post in this thread and change the subject

Quote:
Of course, each resonator and the VC panner should have their own separate CV inputs so an external LFO can always be used as the 2nd LFO, or even a 3rd LFO.

that's what i am thinking now. we will see. the panner PCB is etched and almost stuffed. i will test it's usability next week.

anyways, thank you very much for you interest and your inputs of course. appreciated! Very Happy

TekniK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,will each bpf be cv able Question
fonik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
Hi,will each bpf be cv able Question

of course it is. the PCB is made in a way you could wire it in different ways. just check out the thread/documentation of the last PCB run. i'd wanted to link it here, but i am very short on time, just a coffee break during workshop - and off i am...

fonik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

powered up the double-x-panner proto tonight. just looked at it on the scope, and from what i saw it worked fine. the VCAs just did not close 100% but that's okay for a panner.
tomorrow i will hook up a PS3100 resonator to it. i'll keep you posted...

LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fonik wrote:
powered up the double-x-panner proto tonight. just looked at it on the scope, and from what i saw it worked fine. the VCAs just did not close 100% but that's okay for a panner.

This thought alone is making me drool!
johans121

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brainstormer wrote:
fonik wrote:

This thought alone is making me drool!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm tasty!!

-Jim
stijn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah! new resonator boards, put me down for one stereo set
crashlander42

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did I say I was interested yet? I'm up for a set when they're ready.

http://www.myspace.com/isaciongun
http://www.youtube.com/user/Crashlander42
My DIY stuff Flickr
fonik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i hooked the test PS3100 up to the panner/fader and it worked quite nice. unfortunately i had no possibility to record some sounds. but believe me, this board makes a monster out of the resonators. i will build a version with patched out connections, so that the panner/fader is usable as a stand alone unit. hopefully i will be able to post some samples next week.
at least a short video (without sound due to old fotoapparillo) showing the x-fade-panning of a triangle and a squarewave on the scope.

BTW when i am ready i will start a new thread asking for interest. it is to early to start a list, i think (i will redesign the PS3100 PCB to make it double trouble x panner fader ready).

fonik

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i just finished the new PCB design for the PS3100 and placed an order for a prototype. it will provide a switch for invertion of the LFO for the 3rd resonator, but neglect the wet/dry mix. one OpAmp is left and it's pins are brought out to pads. so it could be used for an additional wet/dry mix or whatever you want.

i am not sure if i can get this all done before christmas, but i will try...

here's a preview:
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by fonik on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. I know you're not taking a list yet but put me down for a couple!
fonik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here is pic of the partly stuffed front panel, in order to make the features more visible (3U, 20TE Eurorack):

the LFO is normalled to the three resonators CV inputs, the LFO for resonator 3 can be inverted. by plugging an external signal into the CVs the LFO gets overridden.
while there is still an mono out (all three resonator signals get simply summed, each resonators signal is normalled to one of the x-fader/panners input.
Input C (center) goes right through the submodul and gets distributed to the Left and the Right output. The signals on inputs L and R get cross faded/panned to the outputs. the panning can get controlled by the resonators LFO, manually and/or by an external CV.

can't wait to finish the module and upload some samples (will take a while, though).

(EDIT: fpd sketch replaced by photo)

Last edited by fonik on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
camelneck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>>today i did a sketch of how the panel could look like (in fact mine will look like this), in order to make the features more visible (3U, 20TE Eurorack): <<<

It looks like you've been rather busy, Matthias!! Very Happy It looks really impressive!! I can't wait to hear some samples, or better yet, get my hands on a couple of the PCB's!

Be sure and keep us posted on your progress!
fonik

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sure. as soon as i finished the prototype module i will start a new thread containing the description and some samples of this module. then we could determine interest in PCBs... i am realy busy these day. i was not able to discipline myself, so there are currently quite a few projects on my workbench (and i will see the workbench only once a week). however, the PS3100 stereo resonator has priority 1 now.
LektroiD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fonik wrote:
however, the PS3100 stereo resonator has priority 1 now.

bounce dancing

Any chance of making a Youtube video so we can see and hear how they work? Very Happy
fonik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Brainstormer wrote:
Any chance of making a Youtube video so we can see and hear how they work? Very Happy

as soon as the prototype is finished i will upload sound samples. i am still waiting for the PS3100 PCB to arrive.
the video camera is still on the wishlist for christmas, so i will be able to upload videos not before dec 25th Very Happy

vcfool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks great, I'd be interested on a PCB too.
Thanks!
fonik

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just wanted to let you know, there is some progress. the prototype PCB arrived at least:

bugfight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

woohoo!
LektroiD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:drool:
johans121

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YAY!!

-Jim
LektroiD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how are these coming along? I'm thinking of buying the vactrols for these in advance
ericcoleridge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, this PCB is all in one, with the PS3100 Resonator and Panner circuit all together, right?

I have two PS3100 PCBs from one of the last fabrications that I've yet to panel. But now I'm thinking I'd much prefer this new circuit with the VC Panner on board. This will make a really powerful module.

Not sure what to do with my old PS3100 boards however.

I think another very cool possibility for this new super-PS3100 is as a sheppard-tone generator by feeding it a three phase LFO to the three different CV inputs, or maybe taking two of these boards and sending them a 6-phase LFO. Hmmm....
Page 2 of 14 [349 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 12, 13, 14 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » fonik's place
Jump to: