electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cubase
Cubase crashing
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
TheOtherTribe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Cubase crashing
Subject description: Please Help, cubase keeps crashing with just a few vst's
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone,

I'm using Cubase Studio 4

It keeps crashing at random times. Sometimes its related to the amount of vst's. Sometimes it will be working fine but then if I save the project and re-open it, it will immediately crash.

I have a pretty fast and new Dell Windows Laptop using Vista w/ 3gb ram intel core 2 duo 2.53GHz

it will say Cubase has stopped working and then crash.

I have considered reverting to XP. If this is the best option, what is the best way to go about it?

Your help will be hugely appreciated,
Thanks so much,
Alex
RobertLee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also have the same problem. I noticed it when I started using DSK plugins. I am trying to decipher through a process of elimination which "sounds" actually cause the crash. I would appreciate any other replies to this thread.
ikarus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Cubase crashing

to be frank guys this is par for the course.

Ive been on cubase sx and then 5 and ive run and built systems cloned from top daw retailers using their specs and the only time cubase is stable is when it runs just its own native stuff , as you add third party vst fx etc it slowly falls over , the more third party vst fx / synths etc you use the worse it runs and the more it crashes.

Thats a fact from 15 hour sessions here daily in a working studio on multiple pro systems over 5 years .Weve tried cubase with zero plugs and its 99% ok but as soon as you start using other products / vsti and fx its slowly gets worse , ok so you should still be able to run some vsti and fx fine , i find personally just the wrong 2 manufacturers plugins and it will lock , the wrong combinations of plugins and it also stops , it hates Ni stuff when combined with arturia somedays we found , stylus rms freaks with certain things and i think its a very very flawed system.

Having worked with these systems for 5 years in a recording studio were switching to a dual boot mac and starting all new work in logic just running a basic setup , a big issue is the number of plugins people try and run / install , in theory you should be able to install as many as you like and it all works fine relative to cpu power and ram......but it does not .

I still think the entire ideology of a daw running both synths / samplers and triggering and then doing audio multi tracking and fx is utterly moronic , its to much , its not reliable.

Try c5 with zero plugs and its fine , the more you add the more unstable it will become.Combinations of plugs will freeze it .

Cubase 5 is over protected and its dongle call ups which border on the insane at 1 every nano second destroy pc reliability.

What happened with cubase was that they got major hacked and then put so much protection in that the software in truth is bottom heavy .Going from sx to 5 i noticed a sluggishness . Its not slick at all.

Its paranoid unreliable software .

There is something wrong about steinberg now.Logics a bit better but that seems to spit out Ni stuff aswell on occasion and also suffers isses of using certain plugins with others .Its seems plugins clash or some.

There is alot to be said with both mac and pc daws of keeping your plugs to a minimum and i personally sequence midi outside the daw now as they are really flawed for that side of things also.
ikarus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Cubase crashing

>It keeps crashing at random times. Sometimes its related to the amount of vst's. Sometimes it will be working fine but then if I save the project and re-open it, it will immediately crash.

the best option for you is first consider a new daw as dell stuff really does not have the level of build a good daw needs and then use cubase 4 studio with a little plugs as you can and use longer latency .

Even then i really think you will be not that much better off as like i said we had multiple pro systems here and only found relative stability when we used them as pure audio recorders and with very very few plugins.

The ' daw that does everything ' ideology is fundementally flawed when its both cooking and eating the dinner all at the same time and washing the dishes , hanging out the linen and mowing the lawn at the same time as that.....its all to much.

I dont think its so much your system or even cubase but just the idea we can do this much with the tech and have stability.
Flip Martian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used to use an old cracked copy of Cubase and had no end of problems with crashing irregularly.

I forked out for a legal copy of SL some years ago though and its relatively stable. Still has its moments where it refuses to load up particular VSTIs, God knows why. But I've tried other apps and not got on with them, so stayed with Cubase. I do try and save more often while working just in case but to be fair now, its ok most of the time.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cubase
Jump to: