electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Drones
Unreal Dreams
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
modular

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 72

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Unreal Dreams Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is one of my most pleasured patch. Is a drone patch again.
Really I like it and results satisfied me quite a lot.
One more time I'm still impressed by the real endless possibilities of this huge little but great red machine. So funny and enjoyable to work on and with it that every time I discover new things, new tricks and moreover new sounds.

But I'm not able to make any noodles yet... dunno

Unreal Dreams.pch2
 Description:
Drone patch. Wide range of possible changement with Seq ,Ctrl Send and NoteSend group.Dreams are on first variation

Download
 Filename:  Unreal Dreams.pch2
 Filesize:  5.27 KB
 Downloaded:  2355 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Unreal Dreams Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modular wrote:

But I'm not able to make any noodles yet...

Hmm, I wonder ... you have a patch that is a drone, you have made it controllable already so it's really just one more step ...

Automate the controls, maybe by sending midi from another slot or, when there is still room in the same slot, by making varying control signals to automatically change the controls you identified as being interesting to be changed.

Just start by throwing in some random or some LFO's with feedback onto themselves (or in a circle), things like that. Probably you will want to limit the signals a bit, maybe by setting maximum and minimum levels, or by quantizing the control signals (for notes etc.).

Setting maximum and minimum levels can be done with a fader module with two constants connected to its inputs and then modulating the fade control. For instance ... there are other possibilities as well.

It's really just simple tricks like this, once you start experimenting with those you'll find more and more interesting combinations.

Jan.
modular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted now in Fantasy Thread the patch were I started to work for this one (named PanAtmosphere). I keep in latest one the same name for the variations to chain evidence.
modular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Unreal Dreams Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:

....It's really just simple tricks like this, once you start experimenting with those you'll find more and more interesting combinations.

Jan.

Thanks Jan.

I'll follow your tips to put my efforts into.

It's still little bit hard for me to realize more flows of sound who start at random or fixed intervals like as in tahe or slowtb Ian Sayer performances,where more components interact to perform like a song, but in a pleasant order. I have to analyze in deep the structure but I confess I lost at the end yet.

Nevermind, curiosity passion and analysis make experience and if I was looking to my first step I see something is growing better. head banging monitor study
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Drones
Jump to: