electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » MIDI Controllers and Interfaces
the user unfriendliness of m audio axiom 49 midi controller
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
abstraktor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject:  the user unfriendliness of m audio axiom 49 midi controller Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes...well, I bought an axiom 49 a year ago, but only recently have I had time to use more than the keyboard. Yes I downloaded the Enigma software for controller editing and even read the manual(and its a struggle because it refers to the axiom 25 as well which has a different set of controls!), but I'm still none the wiser about a lot of functionality. Basically it's a pain in the *ss! There is limited operation within ableton - using the ableton axiom templates, but it just will not autolearn as it should do. Now I have tried out an ageing emu midi controller keyboard with ableton and it works like it should, so why not the newer (and more expensive) axiom? I dont use Reason but tried it out with that, and although some of the instrument templates work , it will not "learn" as it should either.
I was a bit miffed when M audio brought out their "axiom pro" range a month after I bought the thing -and even more miffed when they announced their version of novation's automap. Presumably there is a firmware re-write on the hardware, but wouldnt it be nice of Avid to provide an update for people like me who bought the axioms?
Now, I like M -audio's gear generally (I teach Pro Tools fer gawd's sake!), their audio i/faces and drivers are solid, but the axiom has caused me so much grief over the last few days with trying to map to plug-in parameters that I've shelled out on a novation remote zero sl.
I will be selling the axiom as soon as i can afford a decent keyboard.
Mad
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have had an Evolution MK-449C for a couple of years, but only recently started to program it using Enigma in an effort to develop a performance modality. The MK-499C has 9 sliders, 8 knobs, a mod wheel, a PB wheel, and a bunch of buttons. I am not familiar with what your keyboard has.

Last weekend I got organized and made an excel spreadsheet to track the various settings. (The MK-449C can have 10 presets.)

I'd be willing to talk about and share what I am doing with Enigma if it would help.

Steve
abstraktor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Missed this topic reply, for some reason. Apologies.
I didnt know Enigma worked with other manufacturers controllers, so that's good....anyway I bought a novation remote so dont have any need to use the axiom as anything other than a keyboard. Novation's automap system is very good IMO. Smile
thanks for the offer though
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problem. Glad you have a keyboard/controller that works better for you. --Steve
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problem. Glad you have a keyboard/controller that works better for you. --Steve
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » MIDI Controllers and Interfaces
Jump to: