electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
A host of free ones
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: A host of free ones
Subject description: List your finds here
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are some free apps I can't remember having seen mentioned elsewhere in this forum, apologies if they are...

Synths:

ToroCore - fairly simple one, but it has 'sticky keys' button and echo. Useful.

MobileSynth - Basic modelling mono synth with dual osc, LFO, env, filter and an arpeggiator (which does not quite work).

PC Speaker - incredibly basic, and completely useless! Wink

Music Pad and TonePad - Matrix style/Monome sequencer thing. Probably a lot more of them around. Immidiate and simple to use.

Tweaky Beat - analogue style monophonic drum machine with a 16 step sequencer and 16 different programmable sounds. You have 8 patterns you can choose from and you can save and load sessions. Fun when you put some effort in.

4D synth LE - similar to Bebot, but far, far behind in all respects. It does not tempt me into getting the full version.

Powon - this is a weird one, control wise. It does not feel immediatley intuitive, but I suspect there is more behind this than first meets the eye. It seems to have OSC functionalities. So little time...

3ii3 free - interesting seq/synth combo, can make some nasty FM tones. Useful, but not quite intuitive IMO.

iGotSynth - monosyth, capable of frequency mod on the LFO, otherwise very basic.

TalkBoxx VX - monophonic vocoder, you need a mic connected on the iPod.

The Badlion's Garage Synth - Razz Don't get it.

Jamix - makes some Toplap-like sounds right out of the box, but to be honest I have forgotten what it is this does, exactly. Is interesting though, and bizzare.

Sounds, ambiances:

RJDJ - I made a separate post for this, but I like it so much that I am mentioning it here too, because it is free.

APoliceRadio Free - internet/streaming based scanner, lets you tune in to various emergency frequencies around the globe (although not in the uk, IIRC). It sounds very cool though.

Ambiance Lite - there are tons of relaxsation apps out there, and I have not heard them all, but this one is good, with a large library of good quality sounds and new ones added on a regular basis. Lite version allows you to store 3 different ambiances at any time. Lots of settings, including playlist, alarm etc. Beware that the sounds themselves are copyrighted (as far as I can see from the EULA...)

Space apps:

Planets, Hubble, NASA and Stars - space is the place. Get with it. At least get Planets, as this could be really useful if you ever venture outdoors and happen to look up. Wink

Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Jump to: