electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Eventide
Eventide Space
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
clementshawes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Eventide Space Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anybody have any experience with these? I'm looking for a powerful reverb effect, I found the Blackhole plugin but then discovered the Space stompbox.

I've been looking around for some new hardware lately and have come to the conclusion that collecting lots of different synths to find a sound is less successful without some solid reverb and delay effects (least not in ambient, glitch, IDM and such).

Perhaps my money would be better invested in some solid effects over virtual/analog synths and such - I'm actually feeling quite inspired by my current kit but now spend eternity applying and tweaking various VST effects where I used to spend the time effing about with programming my synth sounds.

Any thoughts appreciated Smile

adnauseam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Eventide Space
Subject description: Love it
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the unit's sounds and interface but hate the package.

Pros
-----
Full midi spec - syncable delay times, cc data, I think you can even change presets via midi?
One knob per function! - This is the reason I like hardware.
All knobs are endless encoders! can be used via midi to control other devices, I shit you not. So you get a 10knob encoder box as well.
Great display that shows values as you turn knobs
Foot switches built in - this is a stomp box, after all.

Cons
-----
Tabletop/stompbox format. I'd rather have rack; I'm not a guitar player. Rack format makes units portable and concealable with little to no setup and maneuvering before use (you can have everything patched). Saves space on the table, as well. I suppose one could buy a pedal board.
The midi ports are on the side while the audio jacks are at the rear - I suspect it's because that's the only space left, as the rear is already jammed full.

Later on I bought a TC electronics reverb rack unit and I'm happy with it. Eventide space is capable of a HUGE variety of sounds. It's a tweaker's delight, truly. The guitar player who sold it to me said he was selling it because it was too hard to program (while it's not, coming from a technology oriented user) but it certainly is feature-full.

I LIKE midi syncable fx. Just bought a flashback x4 I tend to play with along side. Again.. another stomp box! Maybe I'll figure out how to mod these to fit in a rack mount case.
clementshawes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The good bits all sound good and the bad bits don't sound like they'd bother me too much - I say this without any ability to touch/feel/use a Space but I'm thinking it'd make a killer effect to add on to my Blofeld (not exclusively but it'd sure make up what I consider the only downside to the Blofeld).

I'll keep it in mind as I'm flitting through a bunch of units at the moment; Jomox T-Resonator & Moonwind being of interest too.

I just think that the Space unit will be a lot better than the Blackhole plug-in; I really like the sounds that come from Blackhole and the Space has a lot more going for it.

Thank you for your insight!

SPIKE the Percussionist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i use SPACE regularly in my noiz rig.

built like a tank and it sounds amazing!

also...

i do have a T-Resonator for sale:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-59047.html

++

[[more noiz!]]

SPIKE the Percussionist

- http://www.manipulate.net -

ASTROGENIC HALLUCINAUTING
CoRE - Troupe Music Director
DOGGEBI
morgue city
clementshawes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Spike - sounds just the ticket then I think.

Would love your T-Res. but I'm in the UK and would get stung to hell!

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Eventide
Jump to: