electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » MAX/MSP - Pd
how can i seperate Variable midi button signals in max?
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
reeldark

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: how can i seperate Variable midi button signals in max? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey all, probably a simple answer to what im about to ask.

What im trying to do is connect a midi keyboards variable buttons to max so to control a slider bar that of course effects a parameter, being volume, pitch, note etc. Ive found that using "midi in" allows this but the problem im having is that i wish to seperate each button to seperate sliders. ive been trying to use "select" and "route" to do this but even though "select" does only respond to the channel i set it to it will only send a signal when the controller releases the value of the set number and hence, is no longer variable.

Does anybody know of another way to do this am i completely on the wrong path? please help.
diskonext

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't understand the question, exactly.

Do you want to build a MIDI auto-learn functionality? Or do you have a problem selecting specific CC numbers out of the MIDI stream?

-diskonext

reeldark

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: I have a problem selecting specific CC numbers out of the MI Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thnx for your prompt reply,

I have a problem selecting specific CC numbers out of the MIDI stream,
i basically want each dial button on the keyboard to affect a different slider.

I have 4 dials on the keyboard that send a signal on channels 10,11,12,13, each with a value from 0-127, from "midiin" ive told "select" to seperate and send signals from only these channels, however, its output is now a bang for each number from 0-127 and not the initial integer.

i want the initial integer to adjust a slider but obviously the slider doesnt understand bang to accumulate or subtract the value when the dial is turned.

I look forward to your reply, thanks again.
diskonext

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heya,

here's a picture of how I normally do these things in Max.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Because "route" routes on the basis of the first number, the output from the first two "ctlin" outputs (value and CC#) need to be "swap"ed, then "pack"ed so they can be "route"d according to CC number. The 10/11/12/13 in the route object are just imaginary CC numbers, fill in the proper ones for your setup.

BTW, I haven't tested whether this will actually work, I do think so, though Wink

-diskonext

PS. I might be completely mistaken here, I do assume you meant CC where you wrote channel?

reeldark

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Thnanks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your a star thanks a lot, ill give it a try when i get into uni on monday & let u know how i get on, thanks again,

Keep it reel, www.reeldark.co.uk Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » MAX/MSP - Pd
Jump to: