electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Building Blocks
realtime loop sequencer, storable
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: realtime loop sequencer, storable Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi, here a simplified version of my Monster sequencers that qualifies as buldingblock for realtime gate sequencing. Ist not always getting it right because of the reduced module Count, but is a good compromize that catches many ideas. it has blindspots on fast played notes or on notes played on the same velocity. i havent found cheap tricks that would fix that issues. But i am looking into that now again. This patch is my new startpoint, and if somebody has ideas to improve it, please add to this thread. next step for me is to add a Variation of +1 velocity on any second Event Input and a polyphone Version.

an update, i reduced the Memory Count to below 25% and placed the block in the fx section where such midi sequencer blocks belong in my opinion

sketchSEQ V1m.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  sketchSEQ V1m.pch2
 Filesize:  2.68 KB
 Downloaded:  3441 Time(s)

3phase

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and a further reduced Version for polyphone sequencing via midi from the fx area. it dont records velocity and has a bigger blindspot for repetive 16th on the same pitch. A quiete high Price for 4,6% less Memory ussage, but probably necessary to achieve 4 voice/2bar sequencing from the fx area

sketchSEQ V1p.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  sketchSEQ V1p.pch2
 Filesize:  2.29 KB
 Downloaded:  3565 Time(s)

Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi 3phase,

I'm not sure this is related to your issue ('blindspots on fast played notes') but I suggest to you to add a logic delay between the blue sequencer output and the MIDI note module input to prevent the problem when using the record input from sequencers :

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-376814.html#376814
3phase

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Electromagnetic Wave wrote:
Hi 3phase,

I'm not sure this is related to your issue ('blindspots on fast played notes') but I suggest to you to add a logic delay between the blue sequencer output and the MIDI note module input to prevent the problem when using the record input from sequencers :

http://electro-music.com/forum/post-376814.html#376814

thanks,, will try that. i just start working on this type of patches again.. but even with glitches i had a lot of benefit from them.. rom really kept some nice ideas.. but the trick is more in the loop expanding cheme, so i might do ram versions, that use less cpu, but focus on higher precission trigger circuits and double detection that checks velocity and pitch, and so gets what the player intended innall cases.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Building Blocks
Jump to: