electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Audio In
Two channels through one wire
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Dadooronron Ron

G2 patch files: 21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Two channels through one wire Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, this might not be exactly the right place for this patch, I guess it should have been in the unfinished business section. But I posted it here because it has sort of grown out of my previous post.

This one demonstrates a way to squeeze two audio channels through one "wire" or bus. The latter might come in handy because there's only four of them and all you weirdos want at least fourhundred...

A few remarks: this one wire, leading nowhere on the second inverter is for kicking the module in 96 kHz mode. I'm not exactly sure why but the two level-add modules are needed to keep nasty noises away...

Furthermore, I'm only guessing that the effective sample frequenty is now only 48 kHz (but you wouldn't complain about DAT recorders either, would you?) and the effect on the bit resolution might be terrible. However, I thought it sounded ok.

I was secretly hoping that Sir Rob (he's one of my heroes, so watch out!) could tell us what's going on...

Happy patching,

Ron.

2channels1wire.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  2channels1wire.pch2
 Filesize:  1.7 KB
 Downloaded:  1486 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah well the patch processes "audio in" alright, so why not post it here.

Interesting again, what are you using the G2 for one wonders, well I do, wonder :-)

You seem to be investigating, finding some nice tricks on your way that not everyone would find. So .. what /are/ you up to ?

Module passing introduces delays, related to the calculation order. I can imagine this to be important in an audio rate multiplexer.

Jan.
Dadooronron Ron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehm, sorry, forgot to mention: you might wanna throw in a couple of highpass filters as well, to get rid of this DC offset in the output stage...

Hope we didn't fry anything?
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Virtual toast only.

Jan.
Dadooronron Ron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jan, I'm really just as puzzled about what I'm up to as you are...

My connection with "making music" is that I play the bass guitar, so I shouldn't be here anyway. But I do have this soft spot for tweakythings and I figured the NM is the Uber-tweakything, so I finally bought an Engine and here I am. Can't play the keyboard for shit, really (excusez le mot).

Thats probably why I'm most of the time focussed on the audio in stuff; I might come up with some usable guitar effect. That would be very nice but for now, I'm having a great time (and little sleep) patching.

About my patch; I'm blessed with no deep knowledge whatsoever about what's going on inside my little red box. I figured that it's capable of having everything "done" within the time of one sample. Isn't it?
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dadooronron Ron wrote:
Jan, I'm really just as puzzled about what I'm up to as you are...

Ok .. am I ? I do have some vagueness in my head right now about correlation, does that count ?
Quote:

My connection with "making music" is that I play the bass guitar,

I love /all/ bass instruments, mostly bass clarinet, and synth, of course, but guitar as well - fretless ?
Quote:

Thats probably why I'm most of the time focussed on the audio in stuff; I might come up with some usable guitar effect. That would be very nice but for now, I'm having a great time (and little sleep) patching.

I see a point here, a bass input is very promising I think, having rich harmonic content. Please keep posing your findings !
Quote:

About my patch; I'm blessed with no deep knowledge whatsoever about what's going on inside my little red box. I figured that it's capable of having everything "done" within the time of one sample. Isn't it?

It;s not that easy unfortunately. And there is a good technical reason for it - it is possible to to get things done in the time of one sample but only when there is no feedback iinvolved and at the expense of an extra memory location for each input (or output). The 1.24 manual has some info on this, by Rob - of course.

Jan.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Audio In
Jump to: