electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Patch corrupted
Page 1 of 2 [30 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Static Motion

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Patch corrupted
Subject description: corrupted patches after 1.62 update on mac-intel osx 10.4.11
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm having more & more corrupt patches since i updated to the new OS on mac-intel 10.4.11.
When saving in the G2's internal memory, it freezes, and i have to switch it off to get it to work again...the patches saved are all corrupted.
I save them on my computer also via the editor, and those patches are ok.
Anyone having the same problem ?
gomidas

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do Wink --------> back to synth os 1.4 (you can still use 1.62 EDITOR)
purusha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has anyone contacted Nord support about this issue!?
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does this issue occur with other OS's apart from Mac 10.4.11? I do know that some vendors can be quite specific about software revision. Clavia are notorious with their OS X support Evil or Very Mad
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
purusha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was wondering about that too. Any reports of similar problems on windows?
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

purusha wrote:

I can't say about the final released version (never got a chance to try it). But the beta did corrupt patches in internal memory under windows vista.
boxcolony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

purusha wrote:

Having that problem since the update, for a while I thought it was just vista, then I tried it in mac, still the same PATCH CORRUPT, meaning there's really a BUG in the update.

It usually occurs when you save a patch than all of a sudden the system hangs and the only thing you can do is turn it on and off.

To know what patch/s and how many patch/s were corrupted change the patch selection to Category scroll down to the last category which is suppose to be Acoustic but you see a Corrupt patch category. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
Static Motion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wrote an e-mail to clavia yesterday, and i got a response today saying :

Hi

Yes, we have seen a few reports, and we will try to address this as soon as we can.

Best regards,
Tomas Johansson
Product Manager - Clavia DMI AB
purusha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool I guess!

Maybe everyone who's had this should drop a line to Nord.

Fingers crossed, I haven't hit this so far...

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does this problem occur with patches only?

I'm working with performances nearly exclusively, and didn't see any (in synth) storage problems with those (I've been using Vista and XP).

boxcolony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Does this problem occur with patches only?

I'm working with performances nearly exclusively, and didn't see any (in synth) storage problems with those (I've been using Vista and XP).

even performances are being corrupted. Mad

Chances are if a certain performance gets corrupted (which often happens when you save a file while connected to a PC/mac) you'll get a bonus of 4 randomly corrupted patches in Patch mode. Mad
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

boxcolony wrote:
even performances are being corrupted. Mad

Hmm, doesn't happen here .. knocking on wood ...

memoryshell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I too have started having this problem with freezing and patch corruption. It did not happen for a month or so, but has been happening consistently for a week now, but that may be coz I spent very little time on it last month.
Taking the advice of others, I have reverted to synth OS 1.40 with the 1.62 editor on an intel mac (10.5.6). What I was wondering was, should I also revert the editor to 1.40? Since 1.62 is UB, it may be more sensible to stay with it, but the 1.40 editor always seemed to work quite well and I really havent noticed any differences in performance (i.e CPU load) between 1.40 and 1.62. Im a little concerned that using a different OS for the synth and the computer may lead to problems later on, so Im considering just switching back entirely to 1.40. Any info on this would be awesome, thanks.
gomidas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.40 is more hungry in cpu than 1.62, see this :

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

and PPC

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Conclusion HOW after more than a year or two waiting for an Mac intel Editor ,we could end with a buggy abandonware v1.62 crap like that?????? I don't care anymore, finaly I give up, I like the Clavia Sound for sure, but I will not buy Clavia gear anymore, I bought the Micro Modular, the Nord Modular, and two NM G2 Engine, I WAS a fan, I am NOT anymore.

Clavia I wish you the BEST, WITHOUT ME welcome
Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm still on 1.40. I never upgrade immediately. I always wait to see how things turn out. I know that this amounts to abuse fellow G2 users as guinea pigs. Twisted Evil Wink I also never migrated from XP to Vista, as friends (more guinea pigs Twisted Evil Wink) reported problems with it.

The attitude of Clavia I do find rather questionable. But concerning the G2 itself, I'm a fan more than ever (after five years). It's still, by far, the best piece of equipment I have ever used. I own two G2Xs... and last week just bought another two... Shocked Embarassed jackson dancing

Help me, I am addicted to a synth Rolling Eyes
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what Question
4 G2Xs Question
Shocked
one for each limb Exclamation

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
buzzr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it makes all of us really sad that Clavia abandoned one of the best pieces of gear.

Sad
gomidas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK! to be honest I'll probably buy a G2 Key if I can find one, but that will be the last Laughing
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gomidas wrote:
OK! to be honest I'll probably buy a G2 Key if I can find one, but that will be the last Laughing

That's what they all say. Laughing

/Stefan

kenl666

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
gomidas wrote:

That's what they all say. Laughing

/Stefan

As a bicyclist, there is the "N+1" rule, where N is the number of bikes you own, and N+1 is the number of bike you need.

See also G.A.S. Laughing

Tim Kleinert

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 236

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I just bought another two because I depend on two for live gigs. If one of them has to go to the repair shop, I'm hosed. So I needed a spare one, and pried one off a student of mine for an incredible price. The second one I found on Ebay. In fact, it just arrived today. Smile Both of them are in pristine, mint condition. Not a single scratch or mark on them. Smile I'll set them up permanently in the studio and use them instead of softsynths and FX processors. My sonic thinking has become modular anyway, so hardwired architectures of any kind just don't do it for me anymore. I've tried all the computer-based modular environments, and they are all a pain to use. The G2 is just so... fucking incredibly easy to program, the workflow is so effortless -and it still is very flexible and yields great results. Sometimes I still can't believe it. After 5 years. Shocked

BTW, I have some new cool algorithms on the backburner waiting to be finalised, which again will get something new out of the G2. There simply is no limit to where this machine can go.

cheers,
t
gomidas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gomidas wrote:

But before, I prefer to wait and be sure that "4 or 5 years old G2" will not have a broken down USB communication like mine.The repair involve a complete change of the mainboard wich is very expansive, more than 600€. Rolling Eyes
crueltwist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: memory hang/corrupted patches....excellent solution!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys... no idea if anyone comes here anymore but thank god this forum is still up and running! I'd been having the memory hang/corrupted patches for such a long time now.... been saving to the computer every time I do any work on it, backing up all old patches as they keep getting corrupted... then after a bit of searching found this old forum thread (I wrote to Clavia tech support who are really cool but didn't seem to have any idea what to do about it... don't think they've dealt with a G2 in years!)...
So I rolled back to the old 1.4 system for the G2 itself ... was tricky but found the OS here on this forum:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-32310.html

also tricky as I had to use an old power PC mac I still have gathering dust with a faulty graphics chip so it only has a few minutes of use before the screen scrambles and nothing can be seen anymore for a few days!!!

All worked ok... such a HUGE relief!!!

By the way, anyone tried the Hydrasynth? it's AMAZING... not a G2 but one of the only things I've seen in years that really made me think I could make sounds almost as complex (by the way the AXOLOTI is NOT a replacement for the G2... pain in the arse to use and sounds terrible!)

Anyway, thanks to you guys and Jan especially for being here!!!

Cheers
J
jima

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+1 - it may be a bit quiet here but still a brilliant and useful resource.

Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord Modular G2, G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, Uno, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, BeatStep, V Collection, Pigments | Love keyboards but so little time Sad
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: memory hang/corrupted patches....excellent solution!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

crueltwist wrote:
Jan especially

Cool thanks!

Nord wise not that active lately .. or actually since I started to make my own PC modular soft emulation thingie ... the nords have been off for quite a while now.

Page 1 of 2 [30 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: