electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Sequencer - automatic (noodles)
TranzCondukdanc1
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: TranzCondukdanc1 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems a pity to waste such a bad pun on a frivolous self-tweaking collection of automated dance clichés.
More to show the G2 version of MS20 & SH1 in context.

TranzCondukdanc1.prf2
 Description:
Frivolous self-tweaking collection of automated dance clichés.

Download
 Filename:  TranzCondukdanc1.prf2
 Filesize:  11.59 KB
 Downloaded:  2185 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty neat. It's a bit difficult to sort out these performances - things get really complex with the interslot communication. It's not like a simple patch where you can see most of the connections with patch cords. This is the way things are going though; much of the G2's power is in multi-slot performances.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, very powerful and easy to get so complicated even the creator looses track of what's going on. Not to mention hard to work on, it's difficult to make small adjustments when another slot is doing its own tweaking.
I tend to think of the midi stuff as 'automation' and because it takes a while to set up (and I am basically lazy), I use it minimally and at the end.
I should use more comments now that the text pad has been fixed but I patch much the same way as I write programs (real programmers don't comment code, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to read Laughing )

I will be interested to see/hear what is being produced in a year as everyone uncovers the as yet unknown techniques.
Mind you, I still like simple patches that produce very interesting results for little effort. One reason I like FM, but it applies to everything I guess.
Physical modelling I think has failed commercially because (a) it is so complicated and (b) it offers no 'intuitive' interface for creating or adjusting the nature of the sound. Like additive synthesis, it is just too cumbersome to work with for most people. It is nice to have them as an option though.
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
s. much of the G2's power is in multi-slot performances.

In this way , the G2 is like the Oberheim Xpander/Matrix 12.
It has a Multi mode which gives it multi-timbral and multo-channel) capabilities. The OB's don't have multi-slot audio/midi pasing though, so the G2 opens ups worlds of new ideas.

Sadly, I haven't used Multi-mode on the Xpander that much. Now that I have the G2, I'm think I'll start getting some new ideas though.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Sequencer - automatic (noodles)
Jump to: