electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Nord Lead 1 Performance problem
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's strange you both have the same troubles. I played the NL1 a long time and all the performances were there. (That's not exactly true: I miss the B,C and D Slot in the Prophet V sounds, but I have the NL2 too, so...)
There must be something we miss in the whole story... Confused

Wout
juankiyo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout, i have read from Clavia web:

First talked about "Expand your Nord Lead/Rack from 4 to 12 voices!"

and then i read the following text:

Nord Lead/Rack software upgrade from V1.x to V2.x (Part No. 10136)

The V2.x software version is shipped on an EPROM chip. The software EPROM is easy to install, no soldering is needed. For warranty and safety reasons, this work must however be done at an authorized Nord Lead service center/dealer.

I think that is possible EPROM chip makes the difference with your keyb. When i opened my keyb i saw this chip signed with 1.3.

By the oder hand, all NL1 manuals that i found are 2.X version . I never got 1.X version.

2x version manual talks about PANIC and DEMO button. I have this buttons but not labeled. Talks also about performances...but, this manuals is v 2.X.

1.- With EPROM chip you'll get all that manuals 2.X talks.(internal performances that you can't change)
2.- With expansion board you'll get 12 voices.
3.- With PCMCIA card you'll get an extra memory to store sounds and performances.

what do you think about this??
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At first I like the URL of the site you're quoting above, because I can't find it anywhere on Clavia's site...

Then we have to realise we're talking about a machine which is over ten years old... It was discontinued in 1998! Hopefully Clavia still has Part No. 10136 in stock, but I wouldn't be surprized they haven't, but better ask.

I always worked using a 2.3 version, so I don't know anything about restrictions of the performances not being in earlier versions... But in two weeks time the Frankfurter Messe will be there and Jan, Rob and I will meet Clavia and will ask about this. Maybe Hans Nordelius has some in his drawer Wink

Wout
juankiyo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When i looked for information about clavia, i found 2 URL. The first is the main URL Clavia. I think that an older or lost URL.

http://www.clavia.se/downloads/sounds/nlexp.htm

Here's talking about v2.X features. Maybe i'm wrong

http://www.clavia.se/downloads/sounds/nlversion2x.htm

And here, in the first text are links about NL1 chances.

http://www.clavia.se/downloads/sounds/nordlead.htm

I have a question. Is too much differente 12 voices than 20 voices?.
i can play only 2 keys simultaneously with 4 voices in Unison mode. When you apply sustain and release, can 20 voices resist more than 12??

OK. I will wait news from Frankfurter Messe.
rodhart

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok I'm back!

It took such a long time to get anywhere on this but it turns out that after being looked at by Clavia in Sweden, the expansion board I bought on eBay in Germany was 'fried'. Their words not mine.
The seller won't give me a refund - BEWARE OF THIS GUY - can't remember his name but he sells a few expansion boards and cards on the site and demands bank transfer not paypal.

The NL1 itself is fine. Apparently the flickering lights is normal..a design workaround...and a bit of a feature!
Not sure about the performance mode problem, but will report back when my NL1 is shipped back to me. It's currently with the UK distributor and the shipping costs are £165.00. The expansion board was £160.00. Clavia have a few of the boards for sale too.

Anyone want a NL1 recently serviced by Clavia?
bobfridzema

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Performance Problem`
Subject description: doesn't work properly
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

new to this forum and new to the nord lead. Just bought a NL 1 secondhand and ran into a problem today trying to figure it out.
If I go to performance mode the display says 'A0' but the sound is the same as in non-performance mode and I can't change the performance to A0 to 9 or change any banks....
It sounds like a similar problem mentioned here but I don't see any answer to it. The rest of the NL1 works perfectly so I'm curious what this problem is...
Anyone?
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome bobfridzema

Is the Performance a one Slot sound?

Strange, because the Performance bank can't be changed other then using a PCMCIA card...
And Program location 01 could be changed into a part of Perf A0, but only one Program...

Wout
bobfridzema

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't really tell if it's a one slot performance. All i know is that when I hit shift-performance the display says ''A0" and I can't change it to any other number or bank...??
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's only one LED blinking or two, one blinking and one steady burning...?

And you use the Up and Down buttons to scroll the Perf Bank?

If the answers are 'just one and yes', I'm afraid your synth is kaduuk! (Dutch for broken...)

Wout
bobfridzema

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm don't know wich one should be blinking but I think it's just one steadily burning....

hmm well I'm dutch too so I guess the thng is kaduuk....
Is this fixable or not worth the effort?

added comment:

just got home & checked. No blinking led's anywhere. The up & down keys don't do anything. Also noticed that when I turn it on it says '1.0' so I guess it's software version 1.0 but this can't be the problem right?
gomyodd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have the same issue, my Nord Lead 1 is stuck on performance A0. Did anybody ever solve this particular issue?
gomyodd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Problem solved just by installing an OS 2.7 EPROM chip, ordered from eBay. Previous OS was v1.3

For the record, my NL2 has the 12-voice expansion installed in my unit, no PCMCIA card inserted. My problem was that performance mode was always stuck on program A0.
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Nord Lead and Nord Wave synths
Jump to: