electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
custom music app programmers
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mattaggart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: custom music app programmers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm a noise artist and sound artist, which are pretty much one in the same, but anyways. i have alot of great ideas for apps for the iphone or touch. does anyone here know or are programmers willing to help a musician out with several app ideas.

i'm not sure where to look so i figured this is good place to start.

i'm in contact with one company right now working on something for me. a very specific program. i would like more. help push the boundaries of these devices.

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

pcrv.blogspot.com
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can always get a Mac and run Xcode and do it yourself. If you come up with something, you can make some money, or just make some people happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, roll your own dude!
mattaggart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you both have a point. i've thought about it. BUT i'm not program savey. never really have been. plus i like the idea of collaborating with someone on that level. i like to support. but in due time i'll get to the point where i can do it myself. i love these devices and what to push the limits with them.
pcrv.blogspot.com
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the only way you're going to get program savvy is to actually do some programming. You know, you don't have to try to build a complete app right out of the box like that.

When you're learning a new programming language, which I just did for perhaps the 20th time in my life, what you do is write a "hello world" program. That's a program that does nothing but print "hello world" on the screen. In other words you take baby steps, or shall I say you learn to crawl before you walk.

Plus there are tons of tutorials and a massive online support system, or there must be I imagine, for your chosen programming environment. So to phrase it politely, I'd encourage you do go ahead and give it a try. What's the worst that can happen? You fail. So what. It's not like your Mac is gonna explode or something.

mattaggart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i appreciate your encouragement but if we're talking baby steps i need to take the very first step and buy a mac. i am a pc dude right now. i want one but money is the issue.

i'm still curious though outside of making my own. is there anyone out there who does custom jobs.

pcrv.blogspot.com
GovernorSilver

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remind me this fall. I'm waiting for the next iPhone to come out because the next model is supposed to be out later this spring or summer. I definitely want to hop onto the iPhone programming bandwagon when I do.

Some old stuff on VIRB
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Jump to: