electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
MS-20 based SEM / Polysynth ?
Page 5 of 5 [115 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
whomper

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

Yes, it is interesting. I will be looking forward for this project.

One more note, will you be able to design a supporting PCB that will allow for a single front panel to control the board?

Home Page: http://www.yaary.com
Buy my CDs at http://www.mellowjet.de
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whomper wrote:
Hi,

One more note, will you be able to design a supporting PCB that will allow for a single front panel to control the board?

This is not so much a question of an extra PCB - it's a question whether to make everything voltage controlled or not.
I think I'll make it all VC'ed - but no promises yet.

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
Dan Lavin

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Juergen,

This last concept sounds perfect! I was thinking of developing something similar myself, but obviously not if you do yours. I like it!
whomper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
whomper wrote:
Hi,

This is not so much a question of an extra PCB - it's a question whether to make everything voltage controlled or not.
I think I'll make it all VC'ed - but no promises yet.

JH.

I was thinking more in the line of whether it makes sense to create a PCB that allows a single input (POT, JACK..) to be routed to several boards. I am not sure doing a plain multiple will work, some CV buffering...

austrohungaro

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
Interesting?

And a slew/lag/glissando/portamento, as in the MS Korgs?
alain6870

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject:  An interresting Poly voice board Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Jürgen,

Nice to see that the Poly project isn't dead. for me its seems essential that everything is voltage controlled as this enables to quickly "midify" everything. I can't imagine a polyphonic synth without the midi option. And with applications such as MIDIBOX (ucapps.de) everything is possible.

What do you think about the design :

- one voiceboard with: 2 Osc, 1 HPF, 1 LPF, 2 Mixers before the filters, 2 ENV, 1 VCA

this is indeed the board I started to design, thinking it would save money because it uses only 2 ENV 1 VCA 1 HPF and 1 LPF pro voice. But I am not sure anymore because of the VC mixer that is also expensive...

At the moment I am wondering about the possibility for FM in poly mode with the technology I know ( ASM VCOs for instance)? This would be a nice option too.

This will be a huge board anyway!!

Very interested I keep in tune.

Kind regards from France,

Alain
hachiman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very good to hear about the voltage control.
-thereby one could use an industrial control DA chip with 16-32 channels and 12-14bit accuracy @ 10-20 khz sounds good enough , and pricing isnt that steep either (you wont need another for a while Laughing ) Now if there would be some non compromise datalink between the DA and PC, besides midi, that would be cool , then one could use all sorts of modulated LFO and ENV signals , not necessarily those corny "virtual analog"-s... Smile
JoeMorris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This still gonna happen at some point JH?
jhaible

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JoeMorris wrote:
This still gonna happen at some point JH?

Sooner or later. Smile

But probably nothing that's close to a SEM anymore, now that Tom Oberheim himself has re-released the real thing!

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
whomper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:

Sooner or later. Smile
JH.

Checking the pulse of this project.

I am looking to build myself a poly synth sometime in the near future, so anything coming from you Jurgen will be high on my want list.

Anytime in 2010?

jhaible

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whomper wrote:
jhaible wrote:

Sooner or later. Smile
JH.

Checking the pulse of this project.

I am looking to build myself a poly synth sometime in the near future, so anything coming from you Jurgen will be high on my want list.

Anytime in 2010?

Probably!

JH.

JoeMorris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

still really want to see this! looking possible? or pcbs for the polykorg Wink ?
bennethos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm all in for something poly ! If the vco's would have the linear detuning à la CS80 .

Would be great if you could include the possibility to have 6-8 voices by somehow buying a 2nd PCB.
4 voices is better than 1 but just not enough :p .

I have been thinking about building a poly, but it's the price that always kept me from designing such a thing.

I don't care about memory or the ability to save patches either.
What would be important though is types of waveforms that would be made available for the vco etc...

What I would expect to be able to recreate :

Always wanted to hear this great Brass - CS80 sound (with the "living" VCO aspect) .

I'll start saving up already ! Smile
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Juergen is going to move into a monastery soon,so forget this project

Wink
jhaible

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
Juergen is going to move into a monastery soon,so forget this project

Wink

Rest assured, I have no such calling. Surprised

JH.

Page 5 of 5 [115 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: