electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music 2010
Thanks
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks to everyone who participated and helped make electro-music 2010 a huge success! The music was fantastic and the vibe was very positive. Best electro-music festival ever! We're already thinking about next year...
laura woodswalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw wrote:
Thanks to everyone who participated and helped make electro-music 2010 a huge success! The music was fantastic and the vibe was very positive. Best electro-music festival ever! We're already thinking about next year...

well Thank YOU Greg, for making it all possible!
The quality of the performances so TERRIFIC....!!!!!!!!
Especially that guy with the glowing cubes.

I feel totally humbled. 'I am not worthy...!"

The music was great for sitting & drawing psychedelic art. If I
DID try for a set next year... I would like to create some visuals. Who do I talk to on this forum about that? Would that be you and Hong, Greg?

laura

Tantroniq

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: The only way to make electro-music 2011 better...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

would be to have a few clones on hand to attend everything AND talk to everyone.

It's hard to put into words just how great it felt to be there and be part of everything. I literally woke up missing you guys! I felt an amazing feeling of having found my people, at long last. And oddly, so many people felt really familiar to me- like old friends. How could this be? Im so in- now you wont be able to get rid of me, even if you wanted.

I spoke briefly with Paul about my ideas on how I might contribute besides just being part of everything including investigating for you the possibility of an operations grant. Anyway, I will post again soon about this and more...

Anyway, thanks so much for putting together something with such a great vibe and for having me be part of it.

NEOREV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Greg and Howard and crew who put this together.
Hail the Master

I can definitely say this felt much better than last year's fest. The vibe was great. The venue was nice. The performances and visuals were top notch. The people were awesome. Very friendly. Very relaxed.

It just felt... perfect!
Dan (kid_sputnik), my gf Erin, and I had a blast.

Good times.

Next year I wanna make sure to be there for the whole thing.
Due to money issues and work, we didn't arrive until late Saturday.

I'm gutted we missed the first half and looking forward to the rebroadcast.

Once again, thanks for putting this event on and thanks for having us.
Bring on EM2011!!!
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

only 2 years left before the world ends!
I can't imagine what EM2012 is gonna bring us.
Rolling Eyes

Much love,
-NR-

wave

nobody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw wrote:

I'm hoping like hell I can go next year.
egw
Stream Operator

G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

laura woodswalker wrote:

The music was great for sitting & drawing psychedelic art. If I
DID try for a set next year... I would like to create some visuals. Who do I talk to on this forum about that? Would that be you and Hong, Greg?
laura

You can post your questions about visuals on the forum here:
http://www.electro-music.com/forum/forum-143.html

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Final Status Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm home safe and sound and it was a pleasure to sleep in my own bed. Howard drove home, taking Mel. I took Mathe to Howard's. On the way, we had a nice leisurely lunch in Milford.

Overall, electro-music was fantastic for me. It was marred by my laptop's power adapter going intermittent. Anyone who saw me on Saturday, saw me tearing my hair out about it, trying to fix it. EXTREME thanks to Paul who sorted out my netbook's problems to enable me to be even more frustrated by Dell's ridiculously high prices for a replacement and a new battery. I just went to buy.com and bought a battery for $70 plus change and a new power adapter for $12.30. With shipping, the total was still under $100!!!

Many thanks to Howard and Greg, Hong, Paul, Charles, Kevin, and all the other volunteers who are too numerous to mention. It was a great weekend.

Cheers,

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just got home, tired but happy

Big thanks to all the organisers, especially Howard, Greg and Hong

and all the acts, and the VJs, and the sound and lighting folks and people who just came to listen and the people who joined in on the stream and the people who manned the stream and recorded the sets

Also a big extra thank you to Howard and Bill for all the stuff before em-10 and to Dan for getting me to Allentown

I think I enjoyed it more than last year and that it is definitely a unique event and that I really want to do a UK regional event next year

Tantroniq

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Having seen the venue now I feel that it would probably be hard to beat, dorms aside. The main performance space was just beautiful and perfect. The other rooms worked too. And to step out and see the beautiful landscape, well, I think that adds something special too.

Anything I can do to help organize next year I am in.

JEM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: EM 2010 Aftermath
Subject description: Many Thanks
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I echo everything positive that has been said about this year's event.
The organizers outdid themselves, the participants and presenters were wonderful both creatively and in person, the music was great and the video artists were also terrific.
The venue was the best we've had yet,... although a bit pricey.
Greenkill has killed my green for the rest of the year.
Nevertheless, the experience outweighed the cost.
I now feel as though I've got an extended family to come home to every year and I just can't wait til 2011. The next twelve months will feel like six.
I would like to thank all the new participants for sacrificing so much to attend and I would also like to thank those of you who brought your families over such great distances.
I was very impressed with young people like Ian Harriman, and
Eric Kissinger, and Talia Waltzer who were so supportive of their parents.
As for little Miss Mitchell and little Miss Nu, who were so adorable. it would be a pleasure to have them back next year.
I totally agree that efforts should be made to acquire some sort of financial
support in the future.
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks to Howard, Greg, Kevin and all the volunteers for putting together yet another wonderful electro-music festival. This was my 3rd year and it always just gets better. It's wonderful to travel so far and arrive at a destination with so many friends, and like-minded people, and attentive listeners.
Ill see everyone next year! Very Happy

kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EM2010 was my 4th electro-music festival. Every festival has been great and every year we find new and better ways to handle sound, lighting, visuals, streaming, and general organization.

EM2009 was the first year that we had on-site meals and lodging and this definitely affords more time to make new friends and visit with old friends. To have everything on-site contributes to the great "vibe" of the festival.

My son, Eric, told me that he really enjoys being around the people at electro-music -- thanks to everyone for making him feel right at home.

The Lunetta session was very good -- I learned the basics -- enough that I feel confident to forge ahead and build my own. It was probably just a little over Eric's head -- however he learned a lot -- probably more than he realizes. Maybe we can do this again next year -- would be nice if we could find a quiet-out-of-the-way room though. Thanks to Mathe for pulling this together (the original presenter had to cancel at the last minute).

The setup in the auditorium was the best ever -- we finally got the FOH mixing desk in the back of the room -- much easier to judge volume levels and much less distracting to the audience to have the mixer in the back. The sound level was uniform throughout the room -- that is, no hot or dead spots.

Next year I (hopefully) will be able to drive the van and will have room for my snake (we used Howard's snake in the auditorium). Would be nice to get the mixing desk in the back of theatre 2 -- to clear up more space in the front.

To have a monitor at the streaming table was a good touch... that way one was always aware of what was going on in the performance spaces.

The music-making was varied and of high-quality. No matter how I plan my schedule, I always miss performances and seminars that I'd really like to hear. It would be nice to record the seminars so that that people could listen to them later.

Thanks very much to Howard, Greg, Genevieve (and her assistant), Paul, and Mathe. Thanks to Eric and Ian who did most of the gaffing in the auditorium. Also thanks to Glen, who stepped right up during the take-down to help me move/load the two heavy sub-woofers. Also, thanks to those who came early Thursday to help with the setup.

I appreciated the camp staff, too -- they were cheerful and helpful.

Thanks to all for a weekend of great music-making and camaraderie.

See you next year!

Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kkissinger wrote:
Would be nice to get the mixing desk in the back of theatre 2 -- to clear up more space in the front.

This would be excellent Exclamation The audio setup in room 2 was fine for most performances, but for Spinning Plates with my head right next to the left speaker and no substantial time for sound check, there was no way to get the levels correct until someone in the room spoke up after the first tune. In Kingsport my son Jeremy and I worked out hand signals for when he was on the mixing board. Given the relative shortage of volunteers for the mixing board this year, moving it to the back of the room would lessen the clutter, improve the awareness of the audio volunteer, and save on hearing wear and tear in some cases.

Thanks for the suggestion, Kevin. Very Happy

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm back home now and have time to sit down at my computer and say thanks to everyone. Thanks Greg and Hong for everything including putting up with me and Ian and Mathe for the 2 days before the festival. Thanks to Howard for putting up with us breezing in this past Tuesday and giving Ian a synthesis lesson, not to mention taking a lot of the stream babysitting this time. Thanks for all the support and constructive advice for Ian too, he really got a lot out of this.

I came away with a lot of ideas and a lot of offers I need to follow up on. Hopefully I can catch people about some development ideas in the next few weeks.

Home,My Studio,and another view
ocp

Audio files: 9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A couple of links:

Synthtopia

http://www.modulatethis.com/2010/09/show-report-electro-music-2010-festival-in-huguenot-ny.html

Wink

kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ocp wrote:
A couple of links:

Synthtopia

http://www.modulatethis.com/2010/09/show-report-electro-music-2010-festival-in-huguenot-ny.html

Wink

Great article and nice picture of Eric, Mathe, and me at the lunetta session, too. Smile

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shanemorris wrote:
... It's wonderful to travel so far and arrive at a destination with so many friends, and like-minded people, and attentive listeners. ...
I wish you had more time to spend with us. Perhaps next year you'll get more time off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kkissinger wrote:
Next year I (hopefully) will be able to drive the van and will have room for my snake (we used Howard's snake in the auditorium). Would be nice to get the mixing desk in the back of theatre 2 -- to clear up more space in the front.
Golly, if we need a snake, in a pinch I could bring mine. I used it at the first electro-music when I ran sound and recording... everywhere at once. I'll bet that Howard and Greg forgot that I have it. It's a big, heavy, nasty old thing but it's available for the asking.
kkissinger wrote:
The music-making was varied and of high-quality. No matter how I plan my schedule, I always miss performances and seminars that I'd really like to hear. It would be nice to record the seminars so that that people could listen to them later.
Demos may or may not hold up well to an audio-only recording. Perhaps more people having video cameras can help record these. I have two Microtrack recorders and only used one during the Twyndyllyngs set. With 8G CFCs in them, I can record eight hours at 24bit/44.1kHz which is overkill for most talks. At MP3 rates, I can probably get an entire weekend onto one card! I saw that other people had hand-held digital recorders so recording the talks shouldn't be a problem.[/quote]

Cheers,

Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music 2010
Jump to: