electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Waldorf Q/XT Voice Expansion clone project (Complete)
Page 2 of 3 [74 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next

Do you want to buy a Waldorf Q voice expansion module
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 20 ]
No
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Just Spectating
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

ThumptyJumpty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would definitely be in for an expansion for both my Yellow Q AND XTk for sure. Maybe even one extra for each just in case... Very Happy
Dewb

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would definitely purchase one of these boards for my XTk.
renegadebliss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll take an expansion board for my Yellow Q Rack...
depsilon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: RE: I have Qrack 16voice and XT 10voice Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The purchasing and fulfillment would be handled by Encore Electronics. - I am simply a dude that wants a voice expansion module for my Q and proposed the idea to the company owner at Encore and was pleasantly surprised he would be willing to take this on if there is enough interest. Waldorf has moved on from providing repair/upgrade support for their legacy products - so if this works out, it will benefit Q and XT owners in my same situation.
knuttability

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I definately want this.

Microwave XT rev 3

--
Knut ~ Norway
L0g1c

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like one for my XTk Rev.3
inductionloop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Waldorf micrQ Phoenix v2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

count me in;

Waldorf micrQ Phoenix v2
jon909

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interested!

MWXT Version 1

Jonathan Yeo , Singapore

Thanks!
sawanotsuru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

waldorf q phoenix v3.x here. would definitely be interested in expanding.

tom

thomas(dot)santamera[at]gmail.com

p.s. it might be worth promoting this on a few other forums to spread awareness

Last edited by sawanotsuru on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
depsilon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: (sawanotsuru) Promoting on other forums Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am interested in putting this on other forums.

So far I have posted this project to:
Matrixsynth
electro-music
Waldorf mailing list

The project also comes up in 3/5 top google searches.

I have a asked for suggestions on what forums to post on - what would you recommend?

I had two concerns with posting everywhere, one is we should have a single place so we don't lose anyone interested from possibly getting a module should we get enough demand, and two, I wanted to get only the forums with users that actually own the waldorf q - as more people move to software synthesis, the hardware guys are going to find fewer and fewer places for their legacy waldorf gear to get help.
sawanotsuru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i see what you mean about having it centralized. but if you want more people to join, and quicker then it might be worth just getting it out there. maybe setting up an email account for people to register their interest with if they are genuine. then you can send a mass email as any updates occur. a few forums i can think of are gearslutz electronic music production forum, vintage synth explorer, sonic state, harmony central, synthforum.nl, and muffwiggler. there are probably other non-english speaking forums, no doubt germany and japan would be good places where i would expect there to be enough interest. facebook might be worth it too.

would be beneficial to get someone who can write in those languages to write a post for you.

if you're already half way there and pretty much only from using this forum and the others you mentioned then i don't see why we couldn't have enough people on board by the 1st q of next year.

let me know if you need any help.
jon909

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lemme know if you need help in posting on http://sequencer.de/ , a great German forum , i can ask a favor from a German friend who is a member to help spread the word on this project.

+1 re an email account for this project
depsilon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: New e-mail account setup Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FLASH - Per user requests a special email account has been setup for requesting the expansion module:

waldorfqexpand@gmail.com

If you are still interested (whether or not you have posted) Please send a message with the following info:

1- Your XT or Q version
2- How many modules you want
3- Your location (country-state)

Group mail project updates will go out as milestones occur.

I am calling on any members for other forums to re-post the first 2 posts to get the word out. If you can contribute in this way - please communicate your interest with the subject line : Reposted at "______" forum.
sawanotsuru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, I've posted threads on GS, VSE, HC & MW. I tried to register and post on Sonicstate but got this weird error when I tried to post a new thread. If anyone already has an account on the SS board then maybe they could post the thread there. And if anyone can speak German or Dutch, it would be great if they could post on sequencer.de and synthforum.nl

Cheers!

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/766919-waldorf-q-xt-voice-expansion-clone-project.html
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/topic-68247.html
http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69138
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2950309-Waldorf-Q-XT-Voice-Expansion-clone-project&p=46796820#post46796820

p.s. I put v2.x for my Q when it's actually v3.x.
depsilon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Thank you for the help!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work sawanotsuru!!! Maybe this thing can get closer to really happening Smile

Thank you to jon909 who is busy getting in touch with our German counterparts and translating the post!!!

Now we just need 23 or so more for minimum demand, sign-off from waldorf to keep from getting sued, confirmation with encore since it has been a few months, some R+D+Test on XT+QR1 and QR2s for 3 months and 2 production runs for both versions!!!
sawanotsuru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is exciting! I contacted Waldorf a few months ago about the possibility of getting hold of a new voice expansion, no dice whatsoever.

Also, I have a feeling there is no such thing as a rev.3 and i'm getting confused with the OS version, which is 3.02.

It's a phoenix, so I guess that's a 2? Anyone confirm or deny?
jon909

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am new on this forum in the Netherlands , hope they are cool with me posting re the Clone Project

http://www.synthforum.nl/forums/showthread.php?t=158686
sawanotsuru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

6 people interested on muffs so far!

hey jon909, it might be worth putting Q/XT in the title of your synthnl thread just in case people with XTs don't realize they can do it too

and it might do even better in the official hardware synth forum: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.synthforum.nl%2Fforums%2Fforums.html&act=url

Wink
jon909

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Done! thumright

http://www.synthforum.nl/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9
msepsis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm the developer of the microwave XT editor "monstrumWave" (www.monstrummedia.com).

I'm sold without hesitation on a cloned 30 voice expansion card for the microwave XT. Who do I send the check to?

keep this effort alive!
depsilon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Where to get the expansion Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

msepsis, we are simply in the demand phase right now - if built, I imagine it will be on the encore electronics website. We still need to get the okay from waldorf also.
sawanotsuru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

has anyone contacted waldorf yet?
depsilon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Anyone contacted Waldorf? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3 things need to happen before Waldorf should be contacted:

1- We have to prove minimum demand
2- We need to confirm Encore will definitely move forward with minimum demand reached.
3- We need to verify our donors are ready to let Encore start the reverse engineer process.
Rob Ocelot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have the following:

Orange Microwave XT V2
Blue MicroQ Keyboard

If we are just cloning the V1a and V1b boards start then I would want one. If we are doing both the V1 and V2.x boards then I would want one of each.

MicroQ Omega's are pretty rare. I've only ever seen one MicroQ Keyboard that was Omega expanded from the factory.
jon909

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posting on Sequencer.de

http://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72503

Jus a link pointing to electro-music.com
Page 2 of 3 [74 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Waldorf
Jump to: