electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » How-tos » Ambiophonic Sound Reproduction
A bit of a noob question
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Passage Of Time

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: A bit of a noob question
Subject description: How to use this
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for what might be a bit of a stupid question, but if I use this VST on various elements of a track I'm producing, will the effect only be heard via stereo speaks and not through headphones if they are used to listen to the music this VST is applied to?

Forgive my ignorance about this..I'm trying to expand the over-all sound of my music and was wondering if this would help in general..or be limited to playback on speakers only.
Passage Of Time

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

37 views at the time of posting this and nobody can tell me the answer to my question? Sad
Passage Of Time

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

74 views since Saturday and not one reply on this..the main forum for this product. It doesn't exactly instill confidence! What a joke!

Won't be buying the program either..why would I?..when I can't even get an explanation on how to use it! Support forum my ass!
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: A bit of a noob question

Passage Of Time wrote:
Sorry for what might be a bit of a stupid question, but if I use this VST on various elements of a track I'm producing, will the effect only be heard via stereo speaks and not through headphones if they are used to listen to the music this VST is applied to?

Forgive my ignorance about this..I'm trying to expand the over-all sound of my music and was wondering if this would help in general..or be limited to playback on speakers only.

I can only speak for myself, but your ignorance is not a problem. I think your rudeness is, though. Personally, I found it totally uncalled for.

If you were to look through this site you might find there are a wide variety of interests--different people with different areas of knowledge and experiences. With several thousand users, it is entirely possible that hundreds who saw your post are not able to answer your question.
Several years ago, I had a question about the availability of a service manual for a piece of gear I owned. It wasn't until several years later that I found the manual online. I wasn't upset that no one was able to help me find the manual.

I was one of the people that saw your post. I thought about it, but since I know next to nothing about the plug-in, I didn't reply. You seem to be upset that I and others didn't reply. Well, you go my attention. Maybe other who know the answer will reply as well. If they do, please don't be so rude.

By the way, the first thing that occurred to me was that it might depend on your setup and your audio paths, but I don't know. Please don't be so upset with people like me who cannot answer your question. This is a community of people who voluntarily participate out of a love of some common interests. Don't take it as a personal affront that 100 or 200 people saw your post and had no reply in two days. I don't think any of those 100-200, or more, harbored the ill-will you seem to think they did.
Steve

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know anything about the VST but I can tell you that views doesn't equal the amount of people that saw your post.
It wouldn't surprise me if of those 74 views 70 are bots (google and similar). I have no idea what the actual numbers are but
I think the majority of views comes from them.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
I think the majority of views comes from them.

Yes, by far so.

And sorry I do not use plugins at all.

robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have a look at the manual: http://www.filmaker.com/papers/UserGuide-AmbioDSPv1.1.pdf

For the uninitiated, impatient reader: This is an effect not to be used in the recording/mixing stage of music production, but as part of a very specific speaker setup arranged by the listener. Wink

Passage Of Time

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, guys, for the replies..which I DO appreciate.

My apologies for coming across as rude..but I posted under the impression this was a support forum for the VST in question..which I was going to buy if it had been of any use while actually making music..but it apparently isn't.

Again my apologies for expressing my frustrations the way I did..and thanks again for taking the time to reply.
genetique.techno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Using in production Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Late to the game, but I have used the plugin a while back and I am going to start up using it again.

It will not be useful for production in my opinion. What it CAN do is better reproduce the sound stage (creating a true center channel and enhance the left-right location) that existed in the recording process. I believe it will have the most impact on recorded live music...

I produce all of my tracks without using the plugin. I haven't done any listening to my tracks with the plugin to see if how it affects them, but it's on my list of things to do.

Miketheyellowdart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: A bit of a noob question

MusicMan11712 wrote:
Passage Of Time wrote:

I can only speak for myself, but your ignorance is not a problem. I think your rudeness is, though. Personally, I found it totally uncalled for.

If you were to look through this site you might find there are a wide variety of interests--different people with different areas of knowledge and experiences. With several thousand users, it is entirely possible that hundreds who saw your post are not able to answer your question.
Several years ago, I had a question about the availability of a service manual for a piece of gear I owned. It wasn't until several years later that I found the manual online. I wasn't upset that no one was able to help me find the manual.

I was one of the people that saw your post. I thought about it, but since I know next to nothing about the plug-in, I didn't reply. You seem to be upset that I and others didn't reply. Well, you go my attention. Maybe other who know the answer will reply as well. If they do, please don't be so rude.

By the way, the first thing that occurred to me was that it might depend on your setup and your audio paths, but I don't know. Please don't be so upset with people like me who cannot answer your question. This is a community of people who voluntarily participate out of a love of some common interests. Don't take it as a personal affront that 100 or 200 people saw your post and had no reply in two days. I don't think any of those 100-200, or more, harbored the ill-will you seem to think they did.
Steve

LOL. This reply made me want to add my two cents so bad I actually created an account. I had been avoiding doing so, feeling like I already have too many accounts, usernames & passwords, etc and felt like one more would be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back. But reading this particular reply to the OPs question floored me. I am stunned, but in a good way: it's deliciously ironic.

So: OP asks a question along the lines of, "what acoustic differences would/should be expected when a song that has been enhanced/processed by the ambiophonics plug-in is played through speakers vs when that same song is played through headphones?" Sounds like a legitimate question, it's consice especially if the OP is indeed a noob as he states, and he posted it in the sub-forum that is expressely described as a place for users to ask questions and receive answers to questions they have about the ambiophonics program/software/plug in associated with this website.

OP does not receive any response for days, which is curious considering the forum represents itself as the sole resource available to users who have questions about, or trouble using the ambiophonics plug-in. One could almost interpret the lack of a response as a complete failure, on the part of the plug-ins creators, to provide any customer/user support for their product. OP then rightly complains that his legitimate, and likely common question or concern, has still not been addressed after several days, and after several more days repeats those concerns.

Finally, a response comes. A lone voice from the darkness. What does it say? "I find your generalized, non-specific complaining to the group as a whole, about a total lack of user support for the plug-in in question, to be kind of rude. I'm a little upset frankly. I bet the reason you haven't received an answer is because of your rudeness, and not because the creators of this product have completely failed to provide even the slightest degree of reliable, consistent customer/user support for the program they created." And this goes on for paragraphs. An incredibly long response, amounting to nothing more than, "geez, you're being quite rude, in my humble opinion." The only sentiment that is expressed towards providing an answer to the OP's actual question is, "it might depend on your setup and your audio paths, but I don't know." Wow, so helpful. "Bitch, bitch, bitch, it might be something 'totally obvious' but I don't know."

In the future, perhaps the best guideline to follow would be "if you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything at all." The OP was clearly not trying to be rude to the hundreds of users who voluntarily provide support on this forum, rather, he was complaining that he was not receiving any user support in the sub-forum that users with support questions are directed towards, and which is the sole resource the plug-in creators have made available for users who need help using or understanding their plug-in. I was seriously considering using the plug-in myself, so I checked out this forum to make sure that it, as the only repository available for users with questions or concerns, was adequately handled and administered. After seeing such a basic, seemingly easy to answer question go unanswered for days, I have serious reservations about installing the plug in now. You can't deny that a lack of user support for any other program or product would be seen as a failure anywhere and everywhere else. So can we admit the OP was right complaining, and not take his generalized complaints personally, responding with a long diatribe that is as useless as saying nothing at all? I for one am glad to have seen his posts, they probably saved me time and a huge headache by not choosing to install a plug-in with such pitiful user support resources.
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » How-tos » Ambiophonic Sound Reproduction
Jump to: