electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music » Field recordings
Windchimes
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
telestaticflux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Windchimes Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WELL for some reason my posts are disappearing for me.

ANYWAY this was done on a little MP3 player. It was pretty harsh so I put a chorus on it.

Here's the URL http://www.dissonance-music.com/mp3/misc/Windchimes(edit).mp3

You will have to copy and paste it, because it is not linking right in the post.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm .. yeah it does not seem to like the URL formatting you gave it ... the text was there alright but nothing shown .. sorry about that ... I've deleted them other two messages.

Hmm .. i was going to listen .. and copied and pasted the link for that ..but I then get ::

Quote:
Error 403 - Forbidden

You don't have permission to access the requested resource. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.

dissonanceishere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It should be working now. And I forgot to mention there are trains in it as well. Probably airplanes too. Or cars. Well, definitely cars, I think. Maybe airplanes. Lots of wind!

I deleted the unedited version..

I might try and clean it up without the psychedelic (or whatever) sounding wind that resulted from the chorus later on.

Last edited by dissonanceishere on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
dissonanceishere

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

edited: As stated above, I deleted the unedited version. This post was concerning that, so now I've updated it.
Last edited by dissonanceishere on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
dissonanceishere

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say the original is pretty much garbage unless you want to make it a song or something in some DAW software or whatever. (which is what I'm currently doing). The edited version.. it's OK, I suppose. Maybe someone better at mastering than me can figure out what to do with the original garbage that was this recording. Very Happy

edit3: Well the one with the chorus actually sounds kind of OK.. I went and *listened* to the original recording (after mastering it) and discovered that it was not very good! oops! Sorry about that. I'll have to wait for another windy day/night and get a better version.

Anyway, maybe someone will enjoy the first edit or be able to do something with the original I had posted for a bit.

Additionally, now that I think about it again I don't think chorus was the only effect I used on the first edit.
dissonanceishere

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: oops
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oops, I deleted the space from the filename on my site.. So, people would have been getting a 404 on the edited version!

I put the space back, and now the URL on the first post should work.

And to restate a few things there is also: lots of wind, trains, and maybe cars and planes in this mp3.

I did have a 320kbps version posted, but I took it down, because there's really a lot of annoying sounds in this recording. I never listened to the whole thing, but honestly, it's pretty bad IMO! Oops! Sorry! I suppose the edited one is OK. I dunno..

edit: ahahah... there wasn't even a space in the original post. Or I edited it or something. So I think by trying to stop the 404 I made 404s! Sorry!!!! I'm so batty tonight. O_O

edit2: I'm going to make this garbage into something nice somehow.
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know anymore which version I downloaded , it is however very useful, so thanks!

I also made your link clickable Wink

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dissonanceishere

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I took this down.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music » Field recordings
Jump to: