electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » WREN
Wren patch Wavplayer
Page 2 of 2 [35 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suppose it would be the colored tabs in the module selector thingie?

What i did see at times is that (after searches I think ...) sometimes no tab is selected at all, so no module icons are visible then. Rhis can be solved by clicking on one ofthe tabs .. or by hitting ctrl+f, then f, then escape ...

Anyways, maybe this is related, it should not happen that no tab is selected, except in the case of a search when there are no matches found, butthen no tabs are visible at all.

Anyways .. for both .. beats me :shock:

The code for the delphi supplied tab controls is a bit convoluted, and then I made a copy of that code and modified it a bit to allow for colored tabs and searches - which the standard thing does not support.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Airlock wrote:
Switching all of the compressors to AC did the trick, clicks are at a minimum.

Hmm yeah they do nasty things with very low frequency signals and high gain settings .. heh .. for the next release I set the defaults to RMS / AC / 12 dB or so andshortened the default Attack and Decay times a bit, so it will behave better out of the box.

Hmm .. might as well do something alike for the reverb, alway have to set sensible settings for that thing too first time after loading.

airlock

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh, well yeah about the reverb (Gverb), is there a way to get the pass thru output level in the same ballpark as the active output level? I may be missing something, right now on this latest patch the passthru level is much hotter than the active, and I seem to be overdriving a stage(s). I'm still messing with it...
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess the answer would be to put a volume control before the reverb ... pass thru is what it is, doing nothing to the signal, well delay it for one sample .. and when early, tail and dry or in-level are are set low .. that will give some signal jump ... when you pre-attenuate the controls can be set higher and the difference will be lower.
airlock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was the "A Room Size" control that dropped the volume.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Airlock wrote:
I've noticed that the top left of the edit screen the individual module types are sometimes grayed-out, they do get the color back in them when I run the cursor over them.

Shocked I can reproduce this .. it happens when the program is in full screen mode .. for some reason the tab colors are not yet set up then when the program needs 'm .. but only so when the program starts up in full screen mode .. so I guess something gets initialized in a wrong order or something .. anyway, interesting Laughing

At least I know how to make it happen now.

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And I've never, hmm .. not in years, started Wren in full screen mode before, no idea why I decided to do that right now .. I guess one needs some angels at times

. . angel . . . . ....... ...
. .. .. .. . . . .. .angel . . . .. .
. .... . . . . angel . . . . .... . . ..

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, that actually made sense .. setting the window state to maximized had to be delayed a bit, as setting it wants to redraw the screen immediately .. but stuff was not properly initialized yet.

So, that issue will be fixed in the next release.

Funny though that setting the screen size and position does not want to redraw stuff immediately, still doing that before everything was initialized. Rolling Eyes

airlock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know I am abusing Wren to a degree with all these wave players going at once. That said you may want to look at this patch: all wave players are off but at least some of them are still playing.

EDIT: Oh wait, is the OFF switch for speed?
EDIT: Of course it is, I missed the message on the mouse over, what, one hundred times? Smile

Carry on, I'm going to bed.

8Wave4.wren
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  8Wave4.wren
 Filesize:  68.16 KB
 Downloaded:  325 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Airlock wrote:
EDIT: Oh wait, is the OFF switch for speed?
EDIT: Of course it is, I missed the message on the mouse over, what, one hundred times? :)

Yeah when speed mode is off the speed (and FM) input(s) do nothing, you control the wave with the position input only in that case. And am still works too of course.

This can be useful when controlling the wave position from an LFO set to a saw shape with a positive only output signal and a period time approximately equal to the length of the wave (for which you may need a calculator to do a reciprocal on the frequency to get time).

In that case the wave gets controlled by the LFO's modulation controls, which is a bit more flexible than the controls the wave player itself has.

One should (to reduce zippering) use the audio rate LFO for this, or alternatively put a SlowToFast module between the LFO output and the wave players pos input.

Anyways, that's how I use it .. but anything goes of course :wink:

Page 2 of 2 [35 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » WREN
Jump to: