electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
September Equinox 2020 live streaming event
Page 2 of 2 [50 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm unlikely to just pop by chat so it would help if anyone needing help could say so here and say when they are available so we could arrange things
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laura Woodswalker needs some help to troubleshoot her setup on Friday at 00:30 GMT - so basically at 1:30am BST Friday.

I've agreed to be there to try and work it out and I understand it if that's too late for European people.

laura woodswalker

Audio files: 18

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

robsol wrote:
Laura Woodswalker needs some help to troubleshoot her setup on Friday at 00:30 GMT - so basically at 1:30am BST Friday.

I've agreed to be there to try and work it out and I understand it if that's too late for European people.

OK wait a sec...I'm in Eastern US...whatever country you're in...pick a time that's convenient for you. I'm not working so I can connect any time during the day. I'm not making you guys stay up till 1:30. pick a time in the evening & it'll be afternoon for me. And let me know!
woodswalker88@gmail.com

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am going to try to be around tonight and tomorrow night from 7-12pm BST, so that's 6-11pm GMT or 2-7pm EDT
robsol
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

laura woodswalker wrote:
robsol wrote:

OK wait a sec...I'm in Eastern US...whatever country you're in...pick a time that's convenient for you. I'm not working so I can connect any time during the day. I'm not making you guys stay up till 1:30. pick a time in the evening & it'll be afternoon for me. And let me know!
woodswalker88@gmail.com

Oh I am fine with that, I'm not working either. Smile

I was just thinking more heads are better than two when troubleshooting.

laura woodswalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

robsol wrote:
laura woodswalker wrote:
robsol wrote:

woodswalker88@gmail.com

Oh I am fine with that, I'm not working either. Smile

I was just thinking more heads are better than two when troubleshooting.

OK I will be here at 3 pm US eastern time today (thursday).

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My setup for later Smile

e-mSE2020a.jpg
 Description:
e-mSE2020a
 Filesize:  66.41 KB
 Viewed:  399 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

e-mSE2020a.jpg

e-mSE2020b.jpg
 Description:
e-mSE2020b
 Filesize:  55.41 KB
 Viewed:  389 Time(s)

e-mSE2020b.jpg

e-mSE2020c.jpg
 Description:
e-mSE2020c
 Filesize:  65.78 KB
 Viewed:  377 Time(s)

e-mSE2020c.jpg

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the recording of my set.

Broken.

For a broken back I guess, or a broken world and that the back is for the world, or something Rolling Eyes

The image background is my patch compatibility chart, had 16 patches and did a comparison evening last week to see which could go together. Then on the right hand side it has the sequence of patches that I came up with.

broken.png
 Description:
Blue Hell - september 2020 equinox - broken
 Filesize:  731.36 KB
 Viewed:  342 Time(s)

broken.png

2020-09-26--Blue Hell--2020 september equinox - broken.mp3
 Description:
Blue Hell - September 2020 Equinox - Broken

Download
 Filename:  2020-09-26--Blue Hell--2020 september equinox - broken.mp3
 Filesize:  55.69 MB
 Downloaded:  696 Time(s)

PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and here's my set.

PHOBoS - electro-music.com September Equinox 2020 LIVE.mp3
 Description:
PHOBoS - electro-music.com September Equinox 2020 LIVE

Download
 Filename:  PHOBoS - electro-music.com September Equinox 2020 LIVE.mp3
 Filesize:  26.67 MB
 Downloaded:  585 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
klangumsetzer

Audio files: 32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please find today's set below which was performed on a pre-patched Make Noise B+G modular system.

Thank you all for the music and your companionship!

with kind regards
Eike

klangumsetzer_2020 autumn equinox.mp3
 Description:
Make a joyful noise!
(C) 2020 by klangumsetzer

Download
 Filename:  klangumsetzer_2020 autumn equinox.mp3
 Filesize:  47.81 MB
 Downloaded:  640 Time(s)

robsol
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Buffer free recording of my set. Smile

robsol_equi20.mp3
 Description:
robsol - september equinox 2020 live set

Download
 Filename:  robsol_equi20.mp3
 Filesize:  51.6 MB
 Downloaded:  539 Time(s)

laura woodswalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: recordings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

did you record as you played, or is there a recording automatically created somewhere?

I didn't want to mess with recording in Ableton as we had already had USB problems earlier.

robsol
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: recordings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

laura woodswalker wrote:
did you record as you played, or is there a recording automatically created somewhere?

I recorded in Reaper, which was also used to stream.

But you can also record in Butt, to wav or mp3 file. I think it's on the last tab in the settings window?

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With BUTT you can set it up to automatically record what you stream, you set a format (recording quality) for it on the "Audio" tab of the settings, and then some more settings (like what to record when and where) are on the "Record" tab in the same window.

But I'm using a 2nd computer dedicated to streaming and recording - actually all my audio goes trough that computer.

And then there is PHOBoS who records everything .. usually, and manually.

EscapeVelocity

Audio files: 17

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is my set from today. Thanks to all who set this up and for providing a great opportunity to play live in this crazy, messed up year!

EscapeVelocity - Electro Music Live Fall Equinox 2020.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EscapeVelocity - Electro Music Live Fall Equinox 2020.mp3
 Filesize:  35 MB
 Downloaded:  563 Time(s)

PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's Kevin Kissinger's wonderful set

EM SE2020 - 12. Kevin Kissinger.mp3
 Description:
EM SE2020 - 12. Kevin Kissinger

Download
 Filename:  EM SE2020 - 12. Kevin Kissinger.mp3
 Filesize:  55.53 MB
 Downloaded:  512 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for posting this! My hard drive filled up during the set and I was unable to capture all of it.

Thank you for your compliment. I look forward to listening to your set when I’m back home later today.

Regarding the photo below, this is the current setup. I built a sturdy stand for the modular with a terraced desk shelf for the lower keyboard. Its casters allow me to save floor space because I can roll the instrument against the wall yet can roll it out to service it.

I found a nice 35u rack for my rack equipment (yes, it has casters, too). My effort has been to arrange the equipment into a clean layout that is easy to work and to service.

Next to the laptop computer is an Elektron Octatrack. I purchased it after hearing Mark Mosher perform an amazing set at Mountain Skies 2019 wherein he used the Octatrack and other Elektron equipment. This is my first performance with the Octatrack and I focused on its MIDI sequencing capabilities (steep learning curve with the Octatrack).

Besides the modular synth, I utilized the Kurzweil K2600 and a Casio VZ1 to the left of the Octatrack. I didn't use any loopers this time -- I wanted to see what I could manage without any looping.

The setup for this performance is indeed DAWless.

KevinInStudioSep2020.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.73 MB
 Viewed:  130 Time(s)

KevinInStudioSep2020.jpg

Last edited by kkissinger on Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skrog Productions

Audio files: 155

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all Smile , had a great day yesterday listening in to all the great music thanks to all who performed & broom control in switching & chat Smile Smile

Here is the Epicyclus set , thanks for listening in Smile

Dave Smile

epicyclus autumn equinox EM 2020.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  epicyclus autumn equinox EM 2020.mp3
 Filesize:  41.16 MB
 Downloaded:  398 Time(s)

AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to see you all had fun! (My current work schedule has me sleeping right when this was going on... Sad hopefully I can join in on the next event!)
klangumsetzer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: recordings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

robsol wrote:
laura woodswalker wrote:

But you can also record in Butt, to wav or mp3 file. I think it's on the last tab in the settings window?

Hello Laura,

I also use Reaper's ReaCast to stream.
For recording the stream I use this free plugin by Voxengo called Recorder on the masterbus:
https://www.voxengo.com/product/recorder/

Hope this helps!

with kind regards
Eike
klangumsetzer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Skrog Productions wrote:
Hi all Smile , had a great day yesterday listening in to all the great music thanks to all who performed & broom control in switching & chat Smile Smile

Here is the Epicyclus set , thanks for listening in Smile

Dave Smile

Dave,

Everytime I listen to this my feet cannot stop moving. Very Happy
Thank you for your great set!

with kind regards
Eike
robsol
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: recordings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

klangumsetzer wrote:
robsol wrote:
laura woodswalker wrote:

Hello Laura,

I also use Reaper's ReaCast to stream.
For recording the stream I use this free plugin by Voxengo called Recorder on the masterbus:
https://www.voxengo.com/product/recorder/

Hope this helps!

with kind regards
Eike

You can also record the main output directly in Reaper by pressing Alt+Ctrl+B (bounce/record output to disk).

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kkissinger wrote:
Regarding the photo below, this is the current setup. I built a sturdy stand for the modular with a terraced desk shelf for the lower keyboard. Its casters allow me to save floor space because I can roll the instrument against the wall yet can roll it out to service it.

I found a nice 35u rack for my rack equipment (yes, it has casters, too). My effort has been to arrange the equipment into a clean layout that is easy to work and to service.

Next to the laptop computer is an Elektron Octatrack.

Besides the modular synth, I utilized the Kurzweil K2600 and a Casio VZ1 to the left of the Octatrack. I didn't use any loopers this time -- I wanted to see what I could manage without any looping.

PHOBoS wrote:
Here's Kevin Kissinger's wonderful set

Thanks to PHOBoS for capturing this wonderful performance. Thanks to Kevin for an amazing set (which I missed live--had houseguests) and for all the wonderful details about the current setup (which looks spectacular and very tidy, too) and the gear used in the brilliant performance.

PS: I am familiar with the VZ synth engine and if you are willing to share your patches, would love to use them on my VZ-8m.
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally got my artwork done and my set uploaded to bandcamp Smile

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

https://modulator-esp.bandcamp.com/album/mabon-voyager

kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:

Thanks to PHOBoS for capturing this wonderful performance. Thanks to Kevin for an amazing set (which I missed live--had houseguests) and for all the wonderful details about the current setup (which looks spectacular and very tidy, too) and the gear used in the brilliant performance.

PS: I am familiar with the VZ synth engine and if you are willing to share your patches, would love to use them on my VZ-8m.

Wow, thank you for your compliment!

I don't have any new or interesting VZ1 patches to share -- I merely used one of the preset patches (the "Bell Tree"). All the other sounds were from the K2600 and the modular synth.

I kept the VZ1 because, despite the difficulty to program it, it makes some very cool sounds.

Page 2 of 2 [50 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: