electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music
 
    Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Artists » Seraph
Gamma Constant Structures
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: seraph
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
seraph
Editor
Editor


Joined: Jun 21, 2003
Posts: 12340
Location: Firenze, Italy
Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:05 am    Post subject: Gamma Constant Structures
Subject description: the nth study on Carlos Gamma
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

arrow Listen to Gamma Constant Structures

arrow Read my blog for details

_________________
homepage - blog - forum - youtube

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
xjscott



Joined: Apr 25, 2007
Posts: 227
Location: Appalachia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this one a lot. It sounds really nice.

Gamma now seems great for modern jazz. Historical footnote, Morrison came up with 88cET to do jazz pieces in.

The compositional techniques are interesting. From what I understand constant structures is a term originating in jazz, but Wilson used it, possibly with a little bit different meaning, but I am not sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wakyct



Joined: Dec 30, 2020
Posts: 65
Location: USA
Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the links, I don't have a musical education and have heard very little outside of 12-tet, what little I have heard sounds very weird Smile. But this sounds pretty good actually! Bookmarked the xen harmonic wiki.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seraph
Editor
Editor


Joined: Jun 21, 2003
Posts: 12340
Location: Firenze, Italy
Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

xjscott wrote:
I like this one a lot. It sounds really nice.

Gamma now seems great for modern jazz. Historical footnote, Morrison came up with 88cET to do jazz pieces in.

The compositional techniques are interesting. From what I understand constant structures is a term originating in jazz, but Wilson used it, possibly with a little bit different meaning, but I am not sure.


Thanks Jeff.
I think tuning systems are mostly neutral, meaning that you can use them in any possible style. That is certainly true for 12 EDO and so I assume for any other tuning system.

Yes, "constant structure" is a term usually associated with jazz (where I come from!).

_________________
homepage - blog - forum - youtube

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
seraph
Editor
Editor


Joined: Jun 21, 2003
Posts: 12340
Location: Firenze, Italy
Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wakyct wrote:
Thanks for the links, I don't have a musical education and have heard very little outside of 12-tet, what little I have heard sounds very weird Smile. But this sounds pretty good actually! Bookmarked the xen harmonic wiki.


Thanks. You could also bookmark my song catalog Cool

_________________
homepage - blog - forum - youtube

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: seraph
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Artists » Seraph
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Copyright © 2003 through 2009 by electro-music.com - Conditions Of Use