electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Andrey Klimkovsky
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
klimkovsky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Andrey Klimkovsky
Subject description: Russian composer, astronomer and marathon-man
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello.

I am Andrey Klimkovsky. I live in Russia, in Moscow. I have been doing electronic music since the 90s of the last century - seems to be a very long time?

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

It started even earlier, when I was studying at the Moscow Planetarium - I studied astronomy. It was an astronomical course. But among its participants were fellows keen on music. We were 14-15 years old then. And I was very far from music. But a friend of mine once gave me something completely unexpected to listen to - it was the french band Space. Then he introduced me to the music of Jean Michel Jarre and Klaus Schulze ... and away we go - I could not stop. And a few years later, already being a student at MIPT (Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology), I decided to leave science and make music seriously.

It was all very difficult. I did not have any musical instruments, and synthesizers in the USSR were then only local and also very expensive. But in a few years I managed to solve this problem. I was able to buy something. In 1997 my first album was released - «Music of Celestial Spheres». However, for this release I had to create my own label - NEANE Records, which later published the albums of many Russian electronic musicians.

During this time, I have released about 40 albums, and a number of collaborations with other musicians.

I will be happy to communicate with you here and share my music.

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Andrey, will have to listen a bit later on .. trying to figure out some music for myself right now .. a very slowly evolving self playing thing.
1roomstudio

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome Andrey!

You have a venerable resume... I listened to a few tracks and read the story of Starmaze. Most engaging and thought provoking.

Your mixture of Music, Astronomy and Science Fiction is strong and tightly woven... quite admirable.

Thank you for sharing! 😎

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdOj3y4Q55K2nUX688PDt5Q

Reality is one thing... Perception is everything
klimkovsky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1roomstudio wrote:
Welcome Andrey!

You have a venerable resume... I listened to a few tracks and read the story of Starmaze. Most engaging and thought provoking.

Your mixture of Music, Astronomy and Science Fiction is strong and tightly woven... quite admirable.

Thank you for sharing! 😎

1roomstudio, Thank You so much for your commer about Starmaze Album.

The release of the album happened while I was not in the forum. And this is a very significant event for me - before that I hadn't released such deep albums for a long time.

But, surprisingly, Starmaze is not the last of my albums.

I will tell you more about this someday.

For now, I'll leave a picture, tracklist and story here.

___

StarMaze

Sector C
Radio silence of the Universe
Starway
Lost cosmogram
Meeting at the universal crossroads
Legacy of a bygone civilization
Through the maze
Among the unfamiliar stars
Fly home!
Nebula of a Peace

Bandcamp: https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/starmaze

StarMaze story

Quote:
It began five centuries forward. It is impossible to say exactly when, because time is relative, and the history itself is very long. In that era, humanity has already acquired immortality. Not absolute. It's just that no one could say for sure how long the youngest would live - their biological bodies were no longer subject to such rapid aging, were invulnerable to pathogenic microorganisms, did not wear out to the extent that it still happened in our millennium. The natural mortality rate has approached zero. And this was the impetus for the colonization of the planets of the Solar System - the earthlings settled and adapted them all to a comfortable life, including large asteroids and ice icebergs in the Oort cloud.

Interplanetary communication technologies have brought astrodynamics to the level of cellular communications in the past. And at the same time they opened a new path to interstellar travel - it turned out that the required speed can be developed not so much by engines as by gravitational maneuvers - both in the gravitational fields of the planets and in the gravitational fields of stars on our way. Of course, the journey to the first star remained very long, but the very first expedition managed to reach the Alpha Centauri system and gain a foothold on one of the planets. According to indirect information, they managed to establish colonies near more distant stars. Humanity has become not only an interplanetary species, but also an interstellar one.

However, it could not yet be considered a galactic civilization - a lot of white spots on the galactic map remained even then. The opposite sector of the Milky Way, on the other side of the center, was completely unexplored. It was inaccessible to space telescopes of the Solar Commonwealth, and even the colonists from the nearest stars could not learn anything new about this “Sector C”.

The most daring expedition once started in the direction of this Sector. It was necessary to fly “to the other end of the Galaxy”, and it was initially impossible to plot a clear course. Gravitational jumps from star to star, accelerating the ship almost to the speed of light, were visible only a few moves ahead, and there were supposed to be thousands of them. There was no exact map of the Galaxy, taking into account all the movements of the stars for thousands of years ahead. Yes - it was thousands, tens of thousands of years to fly. This flight, in addition to everything, could become a test for immortality - will the biological resource of the ship's crew be enough to get to the target? The flight turned into the passage of an endless labyrinth, where each next step - a wrong turn when choosing the next star for a jump - could lead to a dead end, but could also bring it closer to the goal if you were able to guess.

Surprisingly, even then, the earthlings had not yet met brothers in mind. Several radio signals of obviously artificial origin were received, which could not be deciphered. And once in the vicinity of the solar system, a strange apparatus was caught - a semblance of an automatic station, which was launched from Earth in the second half of the 20th century. The technical level of implementation of the device was extremely low. And in the Solar Commonwealth, the opinion has strengthened that we are the most advanced civilization in the Galaxy. This had to be verified. Although there was another point of view - that more advanced civilizations do not consciously manifest themselves.

There is no point in describing a flight spanning two hundred thousand years. The expedition successfully reached Sector C. And although they were already completely different people - time without communication raises the mind along different branches of development, but in any case, these were the messengers of the Earth who went through a grandiose star maze. A series of final jumps slowed the ship as it approached an open cluster of stars, shrouded in the veil of a planetary nebula - a supernova exploded here thousands of years ago. From the side of the ship, the flash was not visible - it was obscured by an extended dusty nebula. In addition, none of the crew could be sure that the star maze would lead to this particular cluster - Sector C is like a slice of orange - a significant part of the Galaxy. And you could finish anywhere. Fate suggested this nebula.

The Messengers of the Earth had not yet grown old and had not stopped in development by that time. Indeed, in flight, it was necessary to solve all new navigation problems, and between jumps it was possible to improve something in the design of the ship itself. Over two hundred thousand years, this led to the fact that a completely different starship reached Sector C - it would not have been recognized on Earth and might have been mistaken for an alien transport. And the cosmonauts themselves were already of a completely different kind - the proportions of the body had changed and many physiological processes were not to be enumerated. The main thing is that they continued to consider the Earth and the Solar Commonwealth as their homeland. And everything that they tried to learn here, they did for humanity, of which they continued to be.

The first impression of the system of stars inside the nebula was similar to that which occurs on the ruins of ancient cities, or, perhaps, in a cemetery. The Messengers of the Earth have not experienced these feelings for a very long time. Such experiences, one might say, were beyond the scope of their life experience, but here it was felt in such a mystical way, as if they were catching the broadcast of someone's experiences from the past.

Many planets have been discovered around the stars of the cluster. Almost all of them were once inhabited and looked like the planets of the Solar Commonwealth, but as if a devastating tsunami swept over them. A supernova explosion wiped out cities and settlements from the surface of these planets, leaving only ruins. The study of the ruins on different planets revealed their similarity - the creatures that inhabited them were part of one civilization that united hundreds of cluster stars. Inside it, they created their own transport labyrinth - similar to the one that the messengers of the Earth passed on their way here, only in miniature. Of course, all connections were destroyed by the flash. But apparently the civilization assumed such an outcome and prudently left this place, leaving everything that was once built. But are they all gone?

If it was possible to retrospectively recreate the once destroyed system, it would be grand even by the standards of the inhabitants of the Solar Commonwealth of the XXVI century. By the way, from the day of the start of the first interstellar flight in the Solar Commonwealth, the starting point has changed, and centuries have been counted since the beginning of the Stellar Era - Era Sidereum, abbreviated as ES. The start to Sector C took place in III ES - in the third century of theStellar Era. And the messengers of the Earth arrived in the destination area already in their own time system, because during the flight at a speed close to light, the clocks on the ship and on the Earth diverged very much. It was difficult, almost impossible, to tell where how much time had passed. Including here - in Sector C.

It may be worth mentioning why "C" is also from Latin - "Opposite Sector" (Galaxy) scientists of the Solar Commonwealth referred to as "Sector Contrarium" or abbreviated "Sector C". In the Stellar Era, the linguistic diversity in the Commonwealth noticeably decreased - everyone actually communicated in one language - a new one, which occurred as a mixture of English and Spanish, and since both have rather Latin roots, the ancient language of Rome at some point literally revived from the ashes of history and in fact again became the basis of communication at least in the world of science. And in the art world - too, with the proviso that the line between these worlds by the beginning of Era Sidereum was practically erased.

In Sector C, the messengers of the Earth turned into archaeologists - for centuries excavating ruins on one or another planet, until they suddenly discovered that they were not alone here. On one of the planets - on the outskirts of the cluster - they finally met those they had been looking for for thousands of years. These were living creatures - generally similar to Earthlings - if you get used to a number of features of their appearance. Earthlings were highly advanced in technology and biology, but they had no experience of communicating with other cosmic beings. And the first meeting almost fell through. The natives hid in their shelters. And after a while the base station of earthlings received a very familiar radio signal - almost the same that once received the radio telescopes of the solar system. But now it has been deciphered. It was a warning about an imminent supernova explosion. The message was repeated many times before the Earthlings could reply in the same language. And then the contact took place.

This was the first contact of representatives of the Earth civilization. But it took place not at all on Earth and not even near it, but in the opposite sector of the Galaxy. That alone justified the flight.

It was a contact of completely different creatures at different levels of development. The former greatness of a bygone civilization was not preserved in those of its descendants who chose to stay here despite the supernova explosion. And the destruction of their world threw the survivors back thousands of years. They themselves were unable to rebuild their maze and have not left their planet since. Only occasionally did they send a signal to the star - the same one - the only one preserved in the record. But something else remained - it was their history, their ideas, their technologies, which they themselves perceived as a religion and were afraid to touch, to use to restore what was lost. But this is exactly what the earthlings proposed to do. For the messengers of the Earth, it was a contact with the incomprehensible experience of a civilization that was many times superior in development to the Solar Commonwealth, and for the inhabitants of the destroyed world, it was a chance to continue their stellar path.

Needless to say, agreement was not reached immediately. But the Earthlings were in no hurry, and the local residents, by and large, did not have a better option, and at some point they trusted the humans.

The restoration of the system of this stellar cluster took a time comparable to the time of the flight to Sector C - it was a much more creative and eventful era than the entire previous history of the Earth. You can talk about it endlessly, but probably - in another memory of mine. Here I will only inform you that when the transport tunnels between all the stars of the cluster again lit up in the night sky of this world with ultraviolet filaments, and the cities were filled with life, the messengers of the Earth remembered their planet.

Somewhere out there - hundreds of thousands of light years away, a star named the Sun can also shed its shell, washing its planets with a hot plasma. Are People there ready to leave everything, go to other stars, so that in the same way - almost from scratch - to build their new world in a new place? Perhaps the experience gained in Sector C will help the Solar Commonwealth as well? And if so, then it's time to dive into the Star Maze again, jump from star to star, and perhaps we still have time to see the Earth before the Sun goes out.

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lines of destiny

Lines of Destiny is an off-album track. For now, anyway. I have not found a company for him in which he will be in his place, although there are ideas.

This composition was often sounded at concerts, although not at the very last. For some reason I forgot about her by the last concerts. And my listeners don't know how and where to hear this track.

This performance is a gift to my listeners, who would like to hear this piece - quite unusual for my work - once again.

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mJjwDysdlM

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject: «Inner Cosmos» Album by «ALEALA» project
Subject description: Just renew

Friends, hello!

I have updated the first album of the «ALEALA» project, which was recorded together with guitarist Sergey Sedykh at the turn of the millennium. «Inner Cosmos» is a completely unique album in which Berlin electronic school, Dark ambient, Experimental electronics and krautrock are combined into a terrible mixture. Two decades later, this music sounds amazingly relevant.

What has changed in the publication of the album?

- new design
- the design also is attached to the album in PDF format
- design gallery in JPG
- updated description
- the album has become cheaper by $ 2

https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/inner-cosmos-aleala

Happy listening, Friends!

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: «Universe heart» Album by «ALEALA» project Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Friends, may the Music be with You!

I have updated another important album. This is the second album of the «ALEALA» project. The first one you may have heard recently. The second is slightly different. But it also has a lot in common with the first.

«Universe heart» — this is the name of the second album, which I recorded together with Sergey Sedykh in 2000. This means that along with dense electronics, there is a guitar — there is even more of it than on the first album. And — which was not at all on the first album — voice samples — the voices of the astronauts from Apollo 11 (changed beyond recognition) — they still visited the Moon ...

But I'm not going to argue about it at all or further praise the album. Just to mention what has changed:

• new cover
    • new CD design is attached in PDF
    • design gallery in JPG
    • new description of the album
    • the album became $ 2 cheaper

Album page: https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/universe-heart-aleala

Happy listening to you, Friends!

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems that political protests have now been added to the three things that are strongly associated with Russia - bear, vodka, balalaika.

I support the protests. They did not arise out of nowhere. Still, I would prefer not to mix talk about music and talk about politics.

Is it okay?

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Friends, look out for the wind! It is the wind of changes!

— a small joke —

One of the best albums of mine today got a new design, new content and more more more...

Northern wind

I'm from Russia. Northern wind is a big problem for Russia. Fortunately we do have it not every day. But if the Northern wind comes winter, we get ocean of snow and coldest weather. A few day ago it happened. Because I started renewal this album. And Moscow was covered with snow for a one meter. Europe too.

Sorry! I'm so sorry!

I didn’t know it would come out this way.

But ten years ago, when I was just recording this album, it was the same. Also — snow, blizzard and cold came...

And I do love the Northern wind since my childhood. It brings energy, freshness and a clear starry sky. So I dedicated a whole album to it. And maybe this is my best album.

I think you will like this music too.

Today I made some minor changes to the album.

What changed?

• new English cover
• new design in PDF (English and Russian versions — 2 files)
• collection of design pictures in JPG
• added bonus track — this is the whole album to listen to it without pauses
• added one more bonus track — this is a reduced to 10 minutes version of the album
• updated English album description
• the album became $ 2 cheaper

• any track (except bonuses) can be downloaded separately.

Now when this work is finished, I think, a warm spring may come soon.

But you can always have the strength and power of the Northern wind if you have this music with you.

https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/northern-wind

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Requiem for dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dQPySEvLx8

The album "Northern Wind" is 80% dynamic and life-affirming, but the composition "Requiem for dream" was especially favorite piece for my listeners.

I wrote it in 1986 or 1987 - now there is no way to know for sure. And most likely it was winter - like now. And winter is always at the turn of the year. And "Requiem for a Dream" was also born somewhere at the junction.

It seems to me that those of my listeners who are not familiar with the album "North Wind", it is better to start with this melody. And I started today. Hopefully I'll show you more later. Unfortunately I haven't played music from this album for a long time. But there is just a reason to recall and play.

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DreamOcean — On the verge of sleep

Friends, how did you sleep, what did you dream about last nights?

Dreams only seem illusory. In fact, these are journeys into another reality. But we cannot always manage this. Sometimes you just can't sleep. Pills are not the best solution. There is much better — music.

I fell asleep badly since childhood. Rolled over from side to side. And so the whole night could pass.

Luckily I found a solution. It was much easier for me to fall asleep with the music. Not all music was good for it. But one day I wrote what I needed. And since then I have no problem with insomnia.

But the idea inspired me to write several albums, which I combined into one musical project — «DreamOcean».

The first album was released in 2001 and it is called «On the verge of sleep». This is an hour of deep sleepy ambient. Among interesting features of this music, an extremely long hall (special sound effect) is used here — more than two minutes in duration. Each sound dissolves in the musical space for an infinitely long time. And it has an amazing action. Of course, there are many other interesting features. There are interesting timbres, and partly captivating rhythm. But the main thing is the musical space that you find yourself in by playing this album.

I updated this release today.

What changed?

• correct English title
• new album description
• updated design
• attached English and Russian design layout in PDF for printing the album on a home printer
• design gallery in JPG
• and the album became $ 2 cheaper

Now you also have the best remedy for insomnia and travel to the world of dreams.

You are welcome!

https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/on-the-verge-of-sleep-dreamocean

_

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Friends, on 16th of March I published two new albums at once. It could be double, but I decided — let them be separate.

Now — about the first of them:

«Stellar meditations I»

This is quite minimalistic music (unlike most of my works — where a 16-track sequencer is never enough for me) and here I in most cases got by with performing and simultaneously recording a piece in one session — just by two hands.

There were no preliminary preparations and sketches. Everything was done from a blank leaf and with only one intuition. I call this music channeling. This is not the first time in my art, but this is the first time I have such a release.

Despite the name - «Stellar meditations I» — it is not at all necessary to use this music for meditation. Not all of you will do this. But this music will suit everyone.

Personally, I run with this music, go in for sports, think, work, just live — moreover, live with pleasure, which is what I wish for you, Friends.

Welcome to the album page: https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/stellar-meditations-i

7 tracks, 73 minutes

Sea and Moon
    Strings of the Soul
    Peace of mind in my space
    Heart meditation
    Yin and Yang. Energy conversion
    Touching the unknown
    Embryo of the Future

Enjoy listening!

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

«Stellar meditations II» album

Friends, good meditation can go on indefinitely. Perhaps that is why I was not able to limit myself to one album. We have already spoken about the first. Today let's talk about the second. And there are only two of them. There is no third. And it seems to me that at this stage I have musically expressed myself — I have nothing more to say in this style. At least for now. I hope so.

And so, the album «Stellar meditations II». In it, as in the first album, there are 7 compositions. The total duration turned out to be even slightly longer — 76 minutes, although there is only one really long composition here. The rest are of moderate duration.

I think the second album is a little more varied. Although this is subjective.

Now it seems to me that he has a more beautiful cover. And this is also a matter of taste.

The peculiarity of the album is the fact that I threw out two tracks from its tracklist and wrote two new ones. This added variety.

Now I mostly listen to him, although I also really do love the first album of this series. This music suits me for sleeping, for work, even for jogging.

I hope it will work for you too.

Enjoy listening, productive meditations if you practice them.

https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/stellar-meditations-ii

Stellar meditation. Part I
    Solar meditation
    Script of life. View from outside
    I am in no hurry
    Meditation for join
    Lunar meditation
    Stellar meditation. Part II

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Album «Spherical live». The reissue

In the field of music publishing, there has always been a need to choose the best. How this was done is a separate topic. And the very concept of "the best" in music is very relative, because music cannot be measured by any device, nor can it be evaluated by any objective criterion.

Nevertheless, at the turn between the 4th and 5th parts of «Music of Celestial Spheres» I released an album that absorbed conventionally speaking "the best" that was in the first four albums of the cycle.

I myself have never listened to and did not even like all sorts of collections, bests. I still appreciate the conceptuality in music, and my favorite albums by other artists are necessarily built according to some kind of scenario.

The «Spherical live» was created according to a special scheme. This is not just a collection of the best works. This is a concert, although there has never been such a concert. This is a mix of my best concerts of the late 90s era, re-recorded in the studio, in one album. So it's basically a studio album. But according to the illusion of perception - a live album.

Today, Friends, I present to you the reissue of this album. It got even better.

What's better?

• Sound. The recording of this album has undergone studio restoration and now sounds much better.
• New design. The old one was created from low quality material. And in general, design (like many things in our life) periodically requires updating.
• Design is attached in PDF and JPG
• The whole album is added as a separate track - no pauses.
• Now you can buy the album for $ 2 cheaper

Listen, buy, download: https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/spherical-live

tracklist:

01. Calling distances / new version /
02. Night without Moon / ordinary C-version /
03. Fast intergalactic stars / ordinary C-version /
04. Evening serenade / ordinary C-version /
05. "The abyss full of stars opening..." / new version /
06. Celestial caravelles wings / ordinary C-version /
07. The reverse way / ordinary C-version /
08. Concerto de Aranjuez [ Joaquin Rodrigo ] / ordinary C-version /
09. Sombrero / Spiral Galaxy RMX Long /
10. Drama / exclusive /

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:28 am    Post subject: «Music of Celestial Spheres» — the special offer
Subject description: April 28, 29, 30 — you can buy on Bandcamp any of the six albums of the «Music of Celestial Spheres»

«Music of Celestial Spheres» — the special offer

Friends, on the next three days — April 28, 29, 30 — you can buy on Bandcamp any of the six albums of the «Music of Celestial Spheres» series for only $ 4. That's $ 1 cheaper. With the purchase of the entire series, you get a benefit of $ 6.

This offer ends on May 1.

Don't delay your purchase.

The offer is valid for only three days: April 28, 29 and 30, 2021. And only for these albums:

Music of Celestial Spheres — part 1 — from dusk till dawn
https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/music-of-celestial-spheres-part-1-from-dusk-till-dawn

Music of Celestial Spheres — part 2 — birth, life and death
https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/music-of-celestial-spheres-part-2-birth-life-and-death

Music of Celestial Spheres — part 3 — on the outskirts of the Galaxy
https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/music-of-celestial-spheres-part-3-on-the-outskirts-of-the-galaxy

Music of Celestial Spheres — part 4 — under the starry sky of Spain
https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/music-of-celestial-spheres-part-4-under-the-starry-sky-of-spain

Music of Celestial Spheres — part 5 — lunar Odyssey
https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/music-of-celestial-spheres-part-5-lunar-odyssey

Music of Celestial Spheres — part 6 — story of a fallen star
https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/music-of-celestial-spheres-part-6-story-of-a-fallen-star

May the «Music of Celestial Spheres» be with you!

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

«Starry Sky» series

«Andromeda» album

Friends, I have updated the «Andromeda» album from the «Starry Sky» series. Each album in this series is dedicated to one constellation and contains musical portraits of bright stars, nebulae or galaxies. We can say that this series is a musical atlas of the sky.

I continue to work on this project, write new melodies, but do not forget about the already created albums.

The following changes have occurred in the «Andromeda» album:

• New design
• Corrected titles in English.
• The design is attached in PDF format
• Image gallery in JPG
• Updated album description in English
• Constellation story
• The whole album has been added with a track in order to listen to it without pauses (as a bonus)

Another good news: The album is now $ 2 cheaper.

Enjoy your listening

https://klimkovsky.bandcamp.com/album/andromeda-starry-sky-volume-1

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DreamOcean — Beyond a sleep

Beyond a sleep — part 1
    Beyond a sleep — part 2

Music to help you fall asleep, or at least calm down.

https://youtu.be/520kj4ZtsrI

_

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

«Universe heart» album • «ALEALA» project

A few words about how the second album differs from the first:

I recorded «Inner Cosmos» with guitarist Sergey Sedykh, luring him in a cunning way for a cup of tea, well, and hinted that I could take a guitar with me — maybe I'll have to play. Sergei willingly played — the first thing that came to his mind. I used almost everything — I subtly mounted it into an electronic-synthesizer musical canvas. Sergei liked the result, but still he asked for the future to give him demo for home preparation and rehearsals. And I complied with his request when it came to recording the second album.

And it must be admitted that there was no longer that freedom in Sergey's game — the prepared lines were predictable, it was easier to put them into context. But I wanted something else. To this it must be added that I myself approached the second album differently. And if the first album of the «ALEALA» project was electronic-classical — almost academic, then the second one turned out to be, if not sarcastic, then ironic — especially the first track — with aliens's conversations and pulsations on unchanging harmonic accents.

But all of the above had its indisputable plus: the album «Universe heart» was fully performed at a concert in the «Orbita» cinema and concert hall with a team of my musicians of that time. And the album was greeted by the listeners even more joyfully — it turned out to be simpler, more understandable, and in many ways unusual.

There was an idea to record a third album. But it — lit up — soon went out. I don't know if it's permanent or temporary. But both albums of the project «ALEALA» firmly fit into the number of my most interesting works.

Today I was made up my mind to upload this music to Youtube.

Hear, Friends, how the «Universe heart» pulsates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5gFn-O-K_8

_[/img][/url]

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

«Inner Cosmos» Album • «ALEALA» project • composer Andrey Klimkovsky

It turns out several of my works on Youtube were missing.

Uploaded - Check out!

By the way, the album “Inner Cosmos” in 1999 became my first serious work in the genre of “Traditional Electronic Music”, because all the previous ones could be picked up as “Electronic Pop Music” or “Romantic Instrumental Music”, and in the extreme - non-genre - case - “Space Music”. Because - let’s be frank - it was the electronic component in my works in the late 90s that was very limited by the arsenal of technical means, and I had only one serious tool at my keyboard.

But even one keyboard (and it was the famous Korg M1) can manifest itself as a whole “Inner Cosmos” if you connect fantasy, a computer and an electric guitar to it.

Yes, this album features the electric guitar of the famous guitarist Sergey Sedykh. True, it’s worth saying right away - this is not rock music, and some listeners even ask (having listened to the album in its entirety) - “Where was the guitar here?”

She’s here, I know for sure. But in order to find it, it is worth listening.

Listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwGuatt-YrU

_

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

«I was born not on the Earth» album

I was born not on the Earth *
Grief
Session of communication
The message
Fleeting dream
From lightnings to myself I have created the wings... *
Leave the Asylum
The last berth **
I was born not on the Earth - II
The river of oblivion

* - music by A. Fesenko / A. Klimkovsky
** - music by Dmitry Gulyutin

One of the key albums in my creation.

But it all started with a song. It was written by my old friend, with whom we studied at the Moscow Planetarium. The song was dramatic in meaning, if did not say tragic. In eight verses, it was told how the hero of the story was thrown down here — on Earth — still he was very young, and all his life he cannot find a common language with the strange inhabitants of this planet — not the kindest creatures, to put it bluntly.

But then I took it as proof of the theory of the transmigration of Souls. Who knows, maybe the soul of the author of the song in the previous incarnation did not live here, and remembers other feelings and relationships between intelligent beings... Or maybe I am the same, since it hooked me so much...

Back in 1985, I tried to interpret the music of that song in my own way, written by the author with a guitar. But in the end, I wrote a lot of melodies that formed around the song into something larger in form — into a whole symphony... or just an album of instrumental music. But then I was 16 years old, and I didn’t record any albums then.

It's been a long ago. Some melodies were lost, forgotten. And the attitude to the plot of the song was greatly transformed. I began to consider it as evidence of spiritual growth.

The analogy is simple: children, while they are small, fit their own house and a playground nearby, but they don’t go to the playground near another house — it’s a stranger. And other children are often chased away with their own.

As a person grows up, he begins to associate himself with his city, country, planet ... and then the planet becomes small for him. Not all people, of course, from the first time live to such a level of self-acceptance as part of the Universe. But at some point, the question arises by itself: “Where did my Soul come from? — Did It really arise right here? And if I am the whole Universe, then my Soul has always been the whole Universe and manifested itself here only in order to put a point to growth trajectory — one of the points. And how many such points have already been? How many more will be?“

In the late 90s, this album reappeared in my musical plans. I expected to record it by 1999 — even the covers were printed. But then the recording did not take place. However, at least I rethought the musical basis again — I managed to remember something (after almost 15 years), and write something again. But I managed to approach the recording of the album «I was born not on the Earth» only in the mid of 00s. In the summer of 2007 the first half was completed and in August 2008 the album was finally released.

The original song sounds in the album in an instrumental form, of course, there are no chants here. But the irony is that later one of the melodies of the album «I Was Born not on the Earth» was used by the composer Victor Argonov for his electronic opera, and there it sounds like the main theme of the real song itself. And in general, the electronic opera «We, XXII century» can be considered as a logical continuation of the album «I was born not on the Earth». This is such an amazing thread.

Now the album «I was born not on the Earth» is fully uploaded on Youtube — you can listen and ask questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFvC40FBta0

_

klimkovsky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Concert «Music of Celestial Spheres in Moscow Planetarium» • Composer Andrey Klimkovsky and Friends • Full updated video

10 years ago, this wonderful concert took place, and soon a DVD disc with its full recording was released:

«Music of Celestial Spheres in Moscow Planetarium»

Composer Andrey Klimkovsky and Friends

There were only three friends: Igor Kolesnikov, Olya Zemlyanika and your obedient servant.

But in the concert itself, and around it, a lot of people took part. I can’t remember everyone now, and I didn’t even know someone’s names then. The Moscow Planetarium is a very large organization, and holding concerts under its dome is a very massive event, both in terms of the number of spectators and the number of staff involved.

I'm still trying to remember...

Tamara Stolbova together with us created a full-dome light show - this was done in the planetarium for the first time, because it opened only a year before this concert, and a significant part of the equipment began to be used only at our concert.

Nikita Derbyshev placed a stage light around the perimeter of the hall, connected it into a single system and programmed it for each of our musical numbers - this work was also carried out in the planetarium for the first time.

Yuri Khrustalev led our entire orchestra in real time as a sound engineer - both at the concert and at all rehearsals.

Faina Borisovna Rubleva, scientific director of the Moscow Planetarium, initiated the very idea of a series of my concerts, she was with us at all rehearsals.

Alena Orlova and Elena Kokina - coordinated all the services of the Planetarium and did a great job of informational support for the concert.

Alexander Kulik acted as a producer of the entire project.

Sergey Demyanov and Alexander Fedorov assisted me on stage - they turned something on, turned it off, served it - it was not visible, but it was very important.

Oleg Bunzhukov recorded video and sound, and then edited it all, thanks to which we can now watch the recording of the concert.

Now about the musicians

Igor Kolesnikov went on stage for the first time in his life and fully played an hour and a half concert - it was no doubt a strong jerk and a shake-up. But Igor looked completely calm, imperturbable. In addition to synthesizers and special effects, he was in charge of wind bells. No one noticed how, right during the concert, Igor - while on stage, was recording his own video of the concert - with a hidden camera. But this is okay...

Olya Zemlyanika participated in only two tunes - this is very little (and I would like more), but it was these compositions that became the diamonds of the concert. The sound of her voice under the vaults of the star dome was truly universal, indescribable by any technology - what is heard in the recording only evokes memories of those incomprehensible vibrations that Olya generated in real time and transmitted to the hall - to each viewer - she was perfectly audible without microphone.

Unfortunately, there is almost no dome itself on the video, on which the main cosmic performance was performed. But neither then nor now are video cameras able to capture and convey that elusive starlight, which is perfectly visible to the eyes.

And the very quality of the recording in the dark, as a rule, decreases. Here we must again recall Oleg Bunzhukov, who, being an astronomer and a specialist in night photography and video shooting, did an excellent job of recording a concert in almost complete darkness. The experience of working in the darkest corners of the globe affected.

And yet the format itself - DVD - is very outdated, and now even phones dictate much higher criteria for a video picture. That is why I pulled this recording from the archives and uploaded it to the Internet in a (I think) higher quality than would have been possible 10 years ago.

Look dear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85eJLIvJyU

Electric Universe 01:38
Full Moon — 2012 05:04
New Horizons 11:57
Andromeda — 2012 19:18
Suite #3 in D-major “Air” | Johann Sebastian Bach 26:40
Delta Cassiopeiae 31:24
LightYears Marks 36:04
Requiem For A Dream 42:10
Distant galaxy — 2012 49:20
Wind of the Universe 54:56
Innocent dance 01:05:33