electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Music From Chez Mosc
Page 11 of 11 [270 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 175
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last week didn't work out too well so we didn't post that set. The problem was Bill and I weren't able to communicate via a back channel. There was a "stuck note" that ran for about 50 minutes. Each of us thought it was coming from the other side. When we are in the same room there's no problem signaling one another. So for tonight's set we set up a back channel video link using our Apple devices using Facetime. It worked great until in the middle of our set my iPhone's battery died and we lost the link. We recovered pretty well though, I think.

Here is our set from tonight. People who were listening live to the set said that Bill wasn't coming through. Bill and I were hearing both parts so we weren't aware of that. It's no doubt my fault and for that I apologize. We need to do sound checks everytime.

Asside for the back channel going out, this set was a lot of fun to play for both of us. We hope you enjoy it.

Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-9-4.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs - Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
Chez Mosc September 4, 2021

Recorded live in Nazareth, Pennsylvia and Durham, North Carolina simultaniously via Ninjam

Copyright 2021 by Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
All rights reserved
Listen freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-9-4.mp3
 Filesize:  52.05 MB
 Downloaded:  47 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Bill and I were hearing both parts so we weren't aware of that.
Please remember that only Howard hears what gets recorded. Due to delay times, I hear things from a slightly different perspective.
mosc wrote:
this set was a lot of fun to play for both of us. We hope you enjoy it.
Ditto!
--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: 11 Years Ago
Subject description: Flashback
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After listening to the most recent episode of Chez Mosc, I listened to the first one posted
https://electro-music.com/forum/post-287977.html#287977
back on page 2 of this thread. Despite the different tools used, I detect a similarity in style. What do you think?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More thoughts on playing with long delays between locations:

Since my PC is the one being used to upload the live stream I', the one that hears what is actually streaming. Still, I have some unique challenges with the delays. I'm very much aware the what I hear from Bill is delayed, and I know that I won't hear his reaction until some time afterwards. Thus, I'm constantly trying to anticipate what he'll play next so I can play something that will coexist with that. So I'm playing with what I hear from him and what I imagine he's playing.

Because we have been playing together for many years, it's not that difficult. I know what chord progressions he naturally leans to, and I have a good feel for how he'll finish up a riff. (Our riffs are relatively long, BTW.)

Why write all this: because I hope in these times of isolation we can inspire others to attempt these remote musical experiences.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Airlock

Audio files: 49

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Here is our set from tonight. People who were listening live to the set said that Bill wasn't coming through. Bill and I were hearing both parts so we weren't aware of that. It's no doubt my fault and for that I apologize. We need to do sound checks everytime.

I can assist you with soundcheck as I usually jump on 8070 as soon as it lights up. It's a way of not missing the start of T-lyngs shows but mainly just to record your silly conversations for use as material on the double-triple secret post-E-M New Year stream stream.

Oh.

Forget I said that last bit...

Anyway, yeah, lemme know. I could come in on Ninjam chat, E-M chat or phone, whatever.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the offer. Just join in on the regular chat. We can only monitor one.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another year and another Equinox. It's something we can all celibrate; it's even more global and inclusive than New Year's Eve. There were not as many participants on this year's streaming concert, but the quality was very high. (I reserve judgement on our own contribution).

Speaking of which, here is Twyndyllyngs' set for the Equinox Concert. Only one edit, but there could have been two. The one edit was a loud non-musical squwak from one of my synths. The duration was about 5 seconds. If you listen you'll thank me for it.

At one point in the concert the audience on the chat said that my volume was too low. I wasn't watching the chat so Bill sorta sang "Louder". I left that in.

Twyndyllyngs-Equnox-2021.mp3
 Description:
September Equinox Concert
September 25, 2021

Twyndyllyngs
Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz

Copyright 2021 Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz

Listen freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-Equnox-2021.mp3
 Filesize:  52.77 MB
 Downloaded:  27 Time(s)

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
celibrate
... is a person who lives in celibacy.
I think that you meant celebrate; e instead of i. Wink

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Twyndyllyngs Equinox Concert Mastered Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
...here is Twyndyllyngs set for the Equinox Concert.
I took the liberty to try and master this track a little bit. I haven't yet played it the entire way through. I'd appreciate your comments.

Editor's Note: This is half the size because I didn't notice that Audacity was set to "Force to Mono." Oh well... back to the drawing board.

2021-09-25_equinox.mp3
 Description:
September Equinox Concert
September 25, 2021.
Twyndyllyngs: Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
Copyright 2021 Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
This version was mastered by Bill.
Listen freely.

Download
 Filename:  2021-09-25_equinox.mp3
 Filesize:  32.11 MB
 Downloaded:  25 Time(s)

Last edited by djfoxyfox on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the Twyndyllyngs, Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz, from tonight's Chez Mosc program. This time I think there were no apparent technical problems during the program. This recording is exactly what was broadcast. There was a little bit of bleed through coming through our Apple Facetime back channel which I didn't hear but Bill did. Next time this won't happen.

This set reminds me of Richard Wagner's music, probably because this week I sat through a three movie set (almost 7 hours long) on Wagner's life staring Richard Burton. Wagner was a shit head proto nazi and I don't want to identify with him in any way, but his music did foreshadow some ambient stuff people like us play from time to time. Wagner also forshadowed and in no small way was responsible for German nationalizm, WW II and the Holocaust.

To paraphrase John Lenon, Richard Wagner ain't got nothing on this... Wink

Anyway, we like this set and we hope you enjoy it too.

Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-10-2.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs, Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
Live on Chez Mosc, October 2, 2021

All rights reserved
listen freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-10-2.mp3
 Filesize:  50.47 MB
 Downloaded:  21 Time(s)

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Downloading
Subject description: https but Chrome say NOT PRIVATE!

Using Chrome on my iMac, all pages of electro-music come up https but in red, with strike out letters and a warning that this site is not provate blah, blah, blah...

So I used Firefox and had no such issue. What a PITA! Do NOT upgrade Chrome until they fix this. electro-music is only the most used site that is experiencing this problem for me. There are a few others.

We no return you to our regularly schduled program!

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject: Light Mastering Applies Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once again, I applied some light mastering. Please let me know how it sounds compared to the original.

2021-10-02 mastered by bill.mp3
 Description:
2021-10-02 lightly mastered by Bill.

Download
 Filename:  2021-10-02 mastered by bill.mp3
 Filesize:  50.47 MB
 Downloaded:  22 Time(s)

Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 268
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Downloading
Subject description: https but Chrome say NOT PRIVATE!

djfoxyfox wrote:
Using Chrome on my iMac, all pages of electro-music come up https but in red, with strike out letters and a warning that this site is not provate blah, blah, blah...

I've installed the latest Chrome on my iMac and I can not reproduce the issue .. so erm .. wondering .. why is it doing that at your place ..

Must say that I do use an older OS X 10.14.something (and I can not up that as then some apps will not work anymore).

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan because Apple no longer supports my early 2009 iMac. Perhaps it's my ISP? I am also getting similarly strange behavior using Safari and Firefox. I'm still scratching my head because this was happening last Thursday at WDIY on the iMac in the on-air studio. But is was artist websites that weren't "behaving."
Blue Hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok ... this may cover it :: https://www.ghacks.net/2021/10/02/some-mac-and-android-users-experience-website-connection-issues-caused-by-expired-lets-encrypt-certificates/ :: ?
Blue Hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So .. that is a bit hairy ... from that web site:

Quote:
Workaround

It is not clear right now if users can do anything about the issue on their end. One option that users have is to use Firefox, as it uses its own certificate store. Connections that are broken in the default browser that is used on the system should work in Firefox on the same system.

I've seen people who installed an older version of Chrome ... not sure where to get that reliably though.

Edit: Oh, and in case of Firefox - that seems to have to be a newer FF version ... bit odd that .. but the article seems to suggest it.

Blue Hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This might help for an older OS X ...

From : https://docs.certifytheweb.com/docs/kb/kb-202109-letsencrypt/

Quote:
macOS, iOS etc#

Some operating systems hold onto the expired R3 > DST Root CA X3 chain even if your server is no longer using it. Try a restart of the affected client device.

For older macOS not updated by Apple:

Download the ISRG Root X1 certificate file from http://x1.i.lencr.org/

Open the Keychain Access app and drag that file into the System folder of that app.

Find the ISRG Root X1 certificate in System and double click on it, open the Trust menu and change "Use System Defaults" to "Always Trust", then close that and enter your password to confirm the change (if prompted).

Blue Hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And it looks like nothing can be done for it on the server side, not seeing it at least.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tonights Twyndyllyngs concert went very well it seemed from my perspective, but the live stream had some technical issues, which have now been addressed. The third time's a charm Laughing Cool

My sincere apology to those people who tune in to listen to the live stream, but nobody complained

The attached file doesn't have these problems.

Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-10-16.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyns live on electro-music.com October 16. 2021

copyright 2021 by Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
all rights reserved
listen Freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-10-16.mp3
 Filesize:  50.86 MB
 Downloaded:  9 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last night, October 23, 2021, we did another Chez Mosc program with Twyndyllyngs, Bill Fox and myself. There were some of the usual setup problems at the beginning but thanks to the listeners on the chat room we were able to get things sorted out.

I made a few edits to this recordings to cover a dropout or two and a few clicks. This one turned out quite well. We hope you enjoy it. Also added to this post is a little bonus trick Bill and I did at the end.

Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-10-23.mp3
 Description:
Twhinyllyngs, Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
Live recording from Chez Mosc program recorded October 23, 2021

All rights reserved, listen freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-Ninjam-2021-10-23.mp3
 Filesize:  42.96 MB
 Downloaded:  0 Time(s)

Twyndyllyngs-Bonus-track-2021-10-23.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs Bonus track

October 23, 2021

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-Bonus-track-2021-10-23.mp3
 Filesize:  1.26 MB
 Downloaded:  1 Time(s)

Page 11 of 11 [270 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: