electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
CWEJMAN Modular, pictures, tech spec.
Page 1 of 2 [40 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
mik39

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject:  CWEJMAN Modular, pictures, tech spec. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everybody,
We are proud presenting the first official pictures of the new CWEJMAN modulars.
Please stay tuned for more info on these products as well as release dates and prices.
Regards,
Michael Cwejman

Last edited by mik39 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
monokit

G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats Michael!
The modules look very impressive, wow...

Btw, I saw the multi mode filter module mentioned two times in the PDF.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These modules are interesting. Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
yusynth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: What format ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well this look very promising !
Can you give us some hints about the size format of the modules ?

Yves

http://yusynth.net
mik39

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: What format ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yusson wrote:

Can you give us some hints about the size format of the modules ?

Hi Yves,
Our MODULARS are Euro Rack standard. You will also find dimensions in attached PDF.
Regards,
Michael
yusynth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply, then would you consider producing the same modules in a different size, say compatible with other big modular manufacturers ?

mik39

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everything is possible although we haven´t that planned at the present moment. Our modules have standard power supply and connections so it will be possible to mount them freely in any configuration. In the current phase we are concentrating on producing modules with regard to the technical specifications and of course with the special CWEJMAN "touch" and unique sound possibilities.
Regards,
Michael
tomcat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Michael!

Great! Thanks a lot for taking my money Wink

Im looking forward to these modules. Great that its some sort of expansion for the S1 and that they share the same look.

What i need is more envelopes for the S1. Hope you bring also an envelope module.

How fast i have to work for getting the necessary money? When will be the release time. The EG and Multimode Filter are a must have.

Best regards
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey Michael, thanks for doing a vc parametric eq- bloody bout time too!!! Very Happy

I bet it comes with a spectacular price tag too? Sad

Fancy releasing the boards as a DIY project? In the spirit of 'Music for Outer Space'???? Shocked Cool

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
monads

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The modules are definitely interesting. I for sure will be picking some if not all of them to interface with my S1 when Analoguehaven gets them in Smile
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There modules look very exciting. The documentation is very clear and understandable. Excellent graphs. These look like beautiful designs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
monads

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Michael,

Is it possible to request a dedicated LFO Cwejman module Very Happy ?

I'm thinking 1 panel of 3 lfo's. Different waveforms of perhaps a combination of S1/S2 types, sine for sure though. Or perhaps some of the waveforms shapes from the oscillators (pulse + saw, pulse + triangle) etc? Each lfo would have three pot selectors; Rate, Waveform selector, and or Pulse Width selector for those lfo's with variable pulse widths. Each of course would be patchable, Rate, Level, Output, Gate?

Seems one can never get enough LFO's and it would be cool to have a Cwejman module. It would fit in nicely with the other modules already announced. Don't even get me started modulating the VCEQ-3 with some Cwejman LFO module! I'll have those 3 lfo's doing some wacky stuff with different settings for each band Razz

monad
11ish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

same here!
And I would really like to see slooooow rates on LFOs. 10, 20 minutes and slower! The fast end should be really fast, too, of course (sorry for being insatiable... Smile )
Sweepable waveforms of some sort would be great as well.

Anyway, the Modules so far look very, very desirable already. Congrats! Keep up the good work!
A future customer (hopefully soon)...
tomcat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would be nice if the cwejman's keep more contact to their (potential) customers. From the forum on their website and the responses here its catastrophic lame. Please take as example Herman von Sherman or Jürgen from Jomox, they care a lot more for their customers. I understand that the cwejman's maybe busy creating new products but guys ... have you ever heard about "customer relationship".... Sad

Im not asking for answering every day but as a minimum one time a week would be a good start.
11ish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomcat wrote:
Would be nice if the cwejman's keep more contact to their (potential) customers. From the forum on their website and the responses here its catastrophic lame. Please take as example Herman von Sherman or Jürgen from Jomox, they care a lot more for their customers. I understand that the cwejman's maybe busy creating new products but guys ... have you ever heard about "customer relationship".... Sad

Im not asking for answering every day but as a minimum one time a week would be a good start.

I disagree. There are much worse companies in that respect... I think Cwejman are doing a good job. I, for one, need some time to save money anyway.
Imho, our job as drooling future customers is providing suggestions for more modules… and asking questions.

One question would be: Will the modules be as flat as the S1 is? I think that's one of the (many) strong points of the S1. This way the system could be built into one of those SKB (or other) mixer cases for easy transport.

Also on my wishlist: the VC ADDSR Envelopes from the S1 as a seperate module.
And an EMS style patch-matrix... although I don't know if that's a sensible way to go, because the modules have patchpoints already, and the matrix connections would have to be patched in first. But still...
tomcat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You disagree?

You like to orientate on worse companies? Come on, if you spend more than 2.5k like me and others you also like to wait weeks for feedback? This is no big production cheap china synth, this is a small production hi end synth. And there should be also a fitting service. Especially when its easy to handle, with the amount of requests its a 1 hour/week job....
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The customer relationship bit is the hardest to handle well for small companies and most small companies get that one completely wrong and this means they will eventually fail. Being unable to handle the "customer relationship" and market communication well doesn´t mean the company is an evil demon that deserves to rot in hell. Failing this doesn´t mean they have chosen to disregard their paying customers. It simply means that it is damned hard to get this right.

Regarding the

Quote:
with the amount of requests its a 1 hour/week job

...I don´t think so. It is a tad more demanding than this estimate.

At least Cwejman has managed to build and sell nice products that also work as advertised. It doesn´t always have to work that way. I have bought several PPG Wave 2.Xs and Waveterms brand new from the "factory".. and I know a lot about what you can expect from high-end synth makers.

head banging monitor

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
11ish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomcat wrote:
Come on, if you spend more than 2.5k like me and others you also like to wait weeks for feedback?

Well, if you're talking about technical support of your S1, then that's a different story, I can't judge that. But if we're talking about this forum, I see no reason to complain. I mean, it's hardly more than one week since mik39s last post (Nov. 24th).
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a user's forum, not an offical Cwejan Sound customer service channel. This is where users, potential users, and interested parties can get together to discuss their instruments, ask questions, help each other - without any editing or control from the company.

I'm very impressed that anyone from Cwejman ever posts here. Look at the Nord Modular forum. You can't find a single post from Clavia there.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
I'm very impressed that anyone from Cwejman ever posts here. Look at the Nord Modular forum. You can't find a single post from Clavia there.

Indeed.

But aren´t some Clavia guys lurking?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, yes, I suspect they are reading the forums on electro-music.com, but they are careful not to respond to questions - else some people might develop an expectation of responsiveness.
Small companies have very limited resources. Especially valuable to them is their time. An active users' forum, like those on electro-music.com, can provide a very valuable service to customers and perspective customers. It's a way that users can support the small companies that make the instruments we love while enhancing our enjoyment of the music and the gear.

That mik39 chimes in here from time to time is fabulous. Lets be careful not to discourage him by turning on the punch clock.

Last edited by mosc on Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh no! Not the TCX-21!!!!!!! Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
11ish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Lets be careful not to discourage him by turning on the punch clock.

second that. If I was going through the hassle of building up and trying to maintain a small synthesizer-company, bitching about in forums (I don't mean only this one, but forums in general) would be the last thing I would want to read... it would discourage me.
tomcat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aha. Then take a look on the cwejman forum on their website and the unanswered posts. You think this is a good reference? This almost was the reason for me not to buy the S1, but as you know i bought one....

I never take the worst as reference, i take the best. Sherman & Jomox are also not the big players.
On the other side if you look at the hartmann forum (the hardware part, im not talking so much about the vs related problems) you can see how not to do it. And how to piss of your customers....

Take a look at sherman.be and how they care or the jomox forum on yahoo. The later one is not from jomox and some people are not very friendly to jürgen there, still he tries his best.
11ish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomcat wrote:
Aha. Then take a look on the cwejman forum on their website and the unanswered posts. You think this is a good reference?

??? What's so outstandingly bad about that guestbook? As far as I can see, all questions were answered, either by cwejman within the guestbook or on the other pages of the website. Questions about "the euro pricetag" and so on are being answered by the retailers who offer the machines. And still, if you don't like what's going on in the guestbook, why not complain there instead of here?

tomcat wrote:

On the other side if you look at the hartmann forum (the hardware part, im not talking so much about the vs related problems) you can see how not to do it. And how to piss of your customers....

I fully agree Wink

tomcat wrote:
some people are not very friendly to jürgen there, still he tries his best.

That's what I meant. I haven't read that forum, but posters "not being very friendly" is what I was talking about. If Jürgen continues to deal with them, it proves his extraordinary goodwill. Perhaps we all should meet (or phone) each other in person more often, in order to regain politeness and respect towards other persons, especially those we want to make business with.

Sorry for the rant, don't take it personal...
Page 1 of 2 [40 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Cwejman Sound
Jump to: