electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Audio In
Zvex Ringtone pedal emulation
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
tombola

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Zvex Ringtone pedal emulation
Subject description: Simple step-sequenced ring mod for guitar
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is just a very simple attempt to emulate the cool-looking new Zvex Ringtone pedal:
http://zvex.com/ringtone.html
Based on watching this rather splendid demo video:
http://media.zvex.com/ringtonedemo.mov
Controls are all mapped out on A1 and A2.
Obviously Zachary's creation will sound better and certainly looks better.
Enjoy!

Ringtone.pch2
 Description:
Sequenced ring mod, inspired by Zvex Ringtone pedal.

Download
 Filename:  Ringtone.pch2
 Filesize:  1.8 KB
 Downloaded:  1756 Time(s)

richardnixon

G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice patch! May not be the same thing, but it certainly gets the job done.

I had been oogling the Ringtone ever since I hear it at NAMM last year, but I opted for the Moog with the CP-251 control processor. Same situation...it's not the same thing, but it certainly gets the job done Very Happy

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great patch. The Zvex Ringtone Pedal is very cool. Cool

I don't see why the Ringtone would sound any better than the G2. You can add other effects like filter, reverb, delay, chorus, phase shifter, etc. The G2 also has more than one waveform on the carrier. It has perfect signal suppression with the carrier is off too. Not to mention that you can save the settings of the knobs in variations.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tombola

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A question:

The only feature of the Zvex pedal I couldn't copy was the 'random' switch. Rather than running through the sequencer steps in order, it picks them at random.

I can think of ways to reproduce that involving lots of logic and a homebrew sequencer. But is there any easy way to do it?

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, there are probably many ways to do that. I suggest you look at this patch, the second one posted in this topic: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-1754.html

It uses a control sequencer. I added random movement to it, just for you. So it goes up, down, jog, or random. You can adjust the length too, but it's a little tricky. One could device a single length knob if you wanted to. I'm a bit rushed with other things at the moment.

You can take parts of this as you need them. If you just want forward or reverse stepping without up/down control, you can just use an LFO and use a saw.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW, I watched the Ringtone movie - a long download - and at the end the shows that if you take the four screws out of the back and adjust a trimpot with a jewlers screw driver you can adjust the mix of the multiplier output and in the input. I hope in production models he brings that out to the front panel - it's essential.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Audio In
Jump to: