electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
The Threeler
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 3 of 10 [246 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 8, 9, 10 Next
widdly

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you link has an extra dot.

anyway Yaaay! on the PCB's. I've got LOADS of 3280's to use. I think I bought all the remaining ones in singapore.

Last edited by widdly on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
etaoin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordered Very Happy

Never did get very far with my own design...

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the component kit include the board, or is the board extra?

(ps great looking board btw Very Happy )

Tom

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
loss1234

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it all looks great!
bridechamber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agh!
Sorry about the dot, and thanks for taking care of it (again) Embarassed

The Component Kits does not include the PCB. It has 5 OPA2134, an OPA134, DG409, 2 CA3280, 2SA798, 2K TempCo, tantalum and polysty caps, 7V5 zeners.... that's why it's so expensive.

Scott
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

frijitz wrote:
RF wrote:
Some really nice sounds on the mp3, frijitz.

Thanks; I really appreciate that, since making the demos is pretty difficult for me. I have some more done for mode 2, which I will try to edit and post tonight or tomorrow.

Very Happy

Ian

this all are fantastic soundsamples Ian ! thanks .

what i'm missing in this thread or on Bridechambers site is a BOM.
And is it running on +-12V or +-15V ? ( on 12V i could also take one for a Friend )
bridechamber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The docs are sent w/ purchase of the PCB, but I'll talk to Ian about including a BOM in the teaser docs, maybe.

It runs on 12V or 15V. Ian runs all his stuff on 12V, so it was actually tested on that.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bridechamber wrote:
Agh!
Sorry about the dot, and thanks for taking care of it (again) Embarassed

No problem mate- thank you too for the excellent website Cool
Looks like I'm gonna have to place an order soon, and not just on the threeler stuff!
Very Happy

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess I should consider building some of the Ian Fritz designs soon.

Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there any more info on the QuaQuo? The link on the PCB's page leads to Ian's S&H page.
bridechamber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That link is just for sound samples. The schems and BOM are sent w/ purchase of the PCB. I think of ChaQuO as a deluxe EZ Chaos/ Double Well with a quadrature oscillator for driving it.
frijitz

Audio files: 54

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vtl5c3 wrote:
Is there any more info on the QuaQuo? The link on the PCB's page leads to Ian's S&H page.

Right. Scroll down to see a scope shot of the modified EZChaos (ChaQuo) showing the asymmetry introduced by cross-coupling, and to hear a demo clip made in conjunction with the S/H. Sorry about the confusion.

Very Happy

Ian
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bridechamber wrote:
The docs are sent w/ purchase of the PCB, but I'll talk to Ian about including a BOM in the teaser docs, maybe..

it is really necessary to have BOMS available bevor ordering.
So one can take the parts when ordering Parts.

If you are outside of the US or Germany the shipping costs might be dramatically increased.
so one like to take the parts for further projects.
sometimes you are not shure if you need to source parts allover the world,and sometimes we just do parts groupbuys in a German forum.

To have BOMS is absolutely neccessary.
Ok, in the case of Briidechamber one might gonna get an Idea when studiing the partssite,
but some hints what is needed direct by the PCB is just a must
( which hard to find parts, and in what quantity .Also if some not so common values for Resistors or Caps are used )
please !

bridechamber wrote:
It runs on 12V or 15V. Ian runs all his stuff on 12V, so it was actually tested on that.

thank you .
So it will be also from iinterest for a Friend of mine.
bridechamber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've added "odd bit" notes to the Threeler and ChaQuO pages. I'll add a bit more -- any odd caps and zeners.

Ian and I decided we won't have BOMs on the site, but I hope those notes help.

Cheers,
Scott
etaoin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PCB arrived today. Too quick! Haven't got all the component yet Very Happy
etaoin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By the way, D3 appears to be missing from the BOM
frijitz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Etaoin wrote:
By the way, D3 appears to be missing from the BOM
doh Any Si signal diode.

Ian
etaoin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is the replacement of the OPA2227 in the kit a design change or was it done just to make ordering a bit easier? Or rather, if I'm ordering anyway, would I order OPA2134 or OPA2227?
frijitz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Etaoin wrote:
Is the replacement of the OPA2227 in the kit a design change or was it done just to make ordering a bit easier? Or rather, if I'm ordering anyway, would I order OPA2134 or OPA2227?

Either will work fine. The 2227 is better for offset, so that's what I generally use in my expos. But since the unit doesn't have super accurate tracking, the 2134 is fine.

Very Happy

Ian
janvanvolt

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just completed my Threeler ( the +15V variation) but have a serious problem:

I get a short on V- trail, have checked everything. Can somebody tell me where to look for errors as the 12V variant has been tested but the +15V values are just calculated.

Or if that is not the issue, where can i look further to get that thing working.

Any help appreciated.

frijitz

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unit-sound wrote:
Just completed my Threeler ( the +15V variation) but have a serious problem:

I get a short on V- trail, have checked everything. Can somebody tell me where to look for errors as the 12V variant has been tested but the +15V values are just calculated.

Or if that is not the issue, where can i look further to get that thing working.

Any help appreciated.

U-S --

Sorry you are having problems. I've built the board out myself, so I doubt it is a board error. Also 15V vs 12V shouldn't cause a short. The most likely places to have problems are with J2 or the panel controls. Check very carefully there for shorts. Another place to look is to be sure you have the polarity of the electrolytics right. The (+) sides are labeled onthe silkscreeen.

Ian
janvanvolt

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Debugging continued:

- -15V Rail still causing short.
- removed V- from Coarse pot, still short
- electrolytics are correctly mounted
- i did some photos of the board and details, perhaps somebody can spot an error as i am stuck.

Photos are here:

http://flickr.com/photos/jczmok/sets/72157604896273517/

bridechamber

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Jan,

Is your rotary hooked up to +V and -V?
If so, it's supposed to be +V and ground.
frijitz

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

unit-sound wrote:
- -15V Rail still causing short.
- removed V- from Coarse pot, still short

Hi Jan --

My poor old eyes can't resolve your photos very well. Sad

One place that is a bit tight is the clearance between the C54 PS connection and ground. Please check to see you don't have a bridge there.

Very Happy

Ian
andrewF

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Two completely different circuits I have repaired recently both had one of their power rails shorting to ground and both time the culprits were tantalum caps.
Maybe it was just chance, but if you cannot find the short anywhere else, pull out the tanty cap on the neg rail and see what happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 3 of 10 [246 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 8, 9, 10 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: