electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
so, anyone think Clavia will come through on these requests?
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Unfed

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: so, anyone think Clavia will come through on these requests? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe they have implemented a couple of them so far, but there's alot of reasonable wish list features here that seem to be unrealized. will they ever bring back the missing modules from the NM1 like the Filter Bank, etc? this seems to be THE place for G2 users but it doesn't appear that they're listening to requests for features from the many people that use their product on a daily basis. i know that the G2 should be appreciated for what it is, but i don't think that many of these requests are unreasonable. the new patch breeding option looks to be very interesting, but i'm sure there's features that are much higher on current users priority lists. just a thought, there's alot of great ideas here that could only improve on the G2.
rnp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's in the nature of modular users to come up with a lot of ways that they think would improve the g2 for them, I'm no different. a lot of people will say "that's a good idea, I'd like that too" but I think it's farfetched to think that Clavia will pick up even a fraction of these ideas - they probably have their own anyway and if patch breeding is one of them I'll take it, since it's a free upgrade Smile I -would- appreciate feedback and fixes for the known bugs that everyone experiences.
3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rnp wrote:
I think it's in the nature of modular users to come up with a lot of ways that they think would improve the g2 for them, I'm no different. a lot of people will say "that's a good idea, I'd like that too" but I think it's farfetched to think that Clavia will pick up even a fraction of these ideas - they probably have their own anyway and if patch breeding is one of them I'll take it, since it's a free upgrade Smile I -would- appreciate feedback and fixes for the known bugs that everyone experiences.

Clavia defently has theire own plans..They allways had...
But when you look at the G2 you see a lot of wishes realized that people had once formulated for the NM1.. most people wished midi...
I think that this wish actually killed the NM1... So be carefull with your wishes Smile
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not a Clavia insider, but I do talk to them occasionally. I talked quite a bit with Palle at the electro-music 2005 event but I've communicated with other people there as well from time to time. I have been assured that they know about the forum and read it. They have a policy not to post to the forum or the NM mailing list for several reasons. I respect this.

They have been pretty supportive of electro-music.com, including posting a link to us on their web site and choosing electro-music 2005 to announce a new release of their software. That said, they are ardent in wanting us to remain an independent user forum and not a corporate support site.

I don't think this forum is a black hole in respect to Clavia. I think the wish list is good for two reasons.

1) It does provide Clavia with feedback from users.

2) The discussions show us users ways of looking at the instrument that we might not have thought of ourselves, and it gives people a chance to present work-arounds and solutions.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Unfed

G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, almost a year later and things aren't looking very hopeful for the future of OS updates, bug fixes, new modules, streamlining, etc.

Sad

it's a great synth as it is, but it's a shame that they haven't done more to 'improve' it. there's so many things that could make it 'better'. the excuses about Clavia being a small company are getting a bit tired, maybe if they'd marketed the G2 a bit better they'd be able to sell more of them? the G2 can do *so much* and people aren't even aware of it.

not that i'm in any real position to complain, i guess. Rolling Eyes

3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

who knows... i hope clavia change theire mind at one point...
Chrono

Audio files: 37
G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If there is a pay version for the editor.. So the support can be funded. I would absolutly be interested. That would make future updates more realistic right?

Ofcourse we have spended a lot allready, but if that improves updates im pretty sure this hardware will last longer then ever.

Its good to read on the clavia site that they work on a Vista, Mac intel version for the g2. Tough im still using XP as long as not al my gear(usb) is supported by a better operating system. Ofcourse this will be the most important thing to stay up to date for clavia. I hope there will be some requests implemented too. As most of them seem very possible, my opinion is that future music must even get to a higher level and the g2 is allready capable of that.

But then i think it's only a matter of time, for other companies to make simular possibilities.
DrJustice

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sneiter wrote:
If there is a pay version for the editor.. So the support can be funded.

Unfortunately, no. I've asked Clavia specifically about that, but they were quite clear in that they're not doing anything of the sort. It would commit them to continued support, and my guess is that they do not under any circumstances want that to happen.

DJ
--
Chrono

Audio files: 37
G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So if i understand correctly they will stop to continue updating anytime now?
DrJustice

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There may be an update for the G2, check out this thread.

DJ
--
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
Jump to: