electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Reaktor
Reaktor vs Nord
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
KoshiMazaki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reaktor vs Nord Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys!

I'm new in this forum, sorry if this topic already have come out.
I've been wondering if Reaktor is sounding worse then Clavia Nord Modular or what is the difference in sound?? Is Nord's sound brighter?? How about analog emulations.

Have anyone heared of that video tutorial about reaktor( like Absynth one) it was supposed to be relised this year I gues.

greets!

KM
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi KM, welcome to electro-music.com , can't help you directly with your question but typed "reaktor AND nm" into the search engine here, there must be something usefull in that, somewhere :-)
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-6558.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KoshiMazaki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cheers guys for so fast reply Smile
renevanderwouden

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

interesting question, a bit late from my side, but both are good. But for the Reaktor you need to have a high quality sound card. The DA-converters on the Nord are already okay, but with softsynths you need to have those perfect DA-converters too.

With Reaktor you can do more different synths. Nord is a synthesizer while Reaktor can load/play samples as well.

BERLIN SCHOOL / RETRO / ELEKTRO / AMBIENT Music - Latest info and webshop at: www.rewo-music.com| http://www.downloadplatform.com/rewo_music/ and on Bandcamp: http://www.rewo.bandcamp.com / http://www.rene-vanderwouden.bandcamp.com and http://renevanderwouden.bandcamp.com/

http://www.renevanderwouden.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Buzz is a good option too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chrono

Audio files: 37
G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my opinion is that i can easier use distortion without maxing out in reaktor, tough i haven't made all posible routings on the nord modular g2 yet. I noticed that the nord envelopes are more sharp and very natural. the filters also have a different but more "crispy sound" as the nord makers say.

I've created a modular synth in reaktor wich has an overal usage of 30% cpu on 48khz with a dualcore amd. on 96khz it can rise to 70% so thats what makes reaktor a thumb down.

furthermore you will encounter lots of problems in reaktor with sequencer routings, mono and polyfonic routings, and specific routing orders wich work best or not at all in the trigger sections. Also mathemetic modules makes things more difficult but also more realistic. I haven't got the brains to create Core modules but that way you maybe might safe cpu or just comsume even more. I fixed all problems myself in the psycologic wich occured with complex routing. There was nothing to be found on the native instruments website wich could help me solve this unless i shared this instrument. And that was not exactly my plan after a year of work.

I have some preset preview demo's Smile
these are from the early beta stage, the new preset demo's are yet to be made.

I think reaktor has a lot of advantage but also disadvantage, thats why both really is something to combine Very Happy

My Reaktor Arpegiator.JPG
 Description:
The Arpegiator of the psycologic (64 step, 3 octave notes, shuffle, event)
 Filesize:  30.58 KB
 Viewed:  33909 Time(s)

My Reaktor Arpegiator.JPG

Psycologic.JPG
 Description:
The interface (no time for photoshop yet)
 Filesize:  206.14 KB
 Viewed:  1140 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Psycologic.JPG

PSYCOLOGIC DEMO.mp3
 Description:
Preset Audio Demo 1

Download
 Filename:  PSYCOLOGIC DEMO.mp3
 Filesize:  1.1 MB
 Downloaded:  1438 Time(s)

PSYCOLOGIC DEMO2.mp3
 Description:
Preset Audio Demo 2

Download
 Filename:  PSYCOLOGIC DEMO2.mp3
 Filesize:  1.67 MB
 Downloaded:  1391 Time(s)

PSYCOLOGIC DEMO3.mp3
 Description:
Preset Audio Demo 3

Download
 Filename:  PSYCOLOGIC DEMO3.mp3
 Filesize:  6.01 MB
 Downloaded:  1330 Time(s)

Chrono

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've created a spec list. to give a view of its power.

(modulation index routing and audio index routing can be found below)
SPECS:

OSC 1
-
Saw
Bi-Saw
Tri
Par
Sine
Pulse
Bi-Pulse
Noise
Random
Sampler
Input
Wave

Pitch Mod (Route Osc pitch to the Modulation Index)
FM Source (Route an audio signal according to the Audio Routing Index to the FM input)
Sampler: Can be used with loop functions if turned on in the reaktor sampler settings,
has start position control, Loop Start, Loop Length.
Volume Control, Octave, Semi, Fine, Unison Spread (-12/+12, can be routed to the Modulation Index) PWM and FM can

also be routed to the Modulation Index
-

OSC 2, 3 and 4 holds the same functions except "Wave"

4x AMP ENVELOPE ADSR
-
each with clock synced delay
-

4x MiXER
-
Sat Distortion and lo, mid, hi EQ
-

4x ANALOG ENV MOD
-
ADSR can be modulated (modulation index can be found below). Single Trigger function, route ENVELOPE SEQUENCER out

to analog envelope in.
-

2x MOD ENV POINT STEP ENVELOPE
-
Can set multiple envelope points. Can be synced to internal BPM or DAW Master Clock BPM. And also route ENVELOPE

SEQUENCER out to the Point step envelope input.
-

2x ENVELOPE SEQUENCER
-
ADSR SEQ event control, Speed, 64 Patterns, Stepsize, Triggermode: Play/1step/Gate
Has 1 Audio input (according to the Audio Routing Index) and Mix control can be routed to the Modulation Index.

Control can be set to Gate or OFF.
Can be used as event or audio for stutter and gate fx and can trigger sequence steps to the Analog and Pointstep

Envelopes.
-

4x FILTER
-
12DB HP
12DB BP
12DB LP
Notch
24DB HP
24DB BH
24DB BP
24DB BL
24DB LP
Peak EQ
Comb
SATLP
ANALOG LP

Mix, Keytracking, Glide.
Cutoff can be routed to the Modulation index.
Each filter has 1 Audio input (Routing according to the Audio Routing Index)
-

SHAPER
-
Sine
Soft
Hard
Virus
XP1
XP2
XP3
XP4
XP5

Shape amount can be routed to the Modulation Index.
Has 1 Audio input (Routing according to the Audio Routing Index)
-

GLOBAL
-
Volume
Semi
Fine
Pitch can be routed to the Modulation Index
Split, Exclude OUTPUT 1/2
Bend Range (can also be routed to the Modulation Index)
Cutoff (controls all filter cutoff, can also be routed to the Modulation Index)
Resonance (controls all filter res, can also be routed to the Modulation Index)
Detune (controles unison de tune -1/+1)
Release (controles all envelope release except for the pointstep envelope, can also be routed to the Modulation

Index)
Glide (controles overal glide on filter and pitch, can be routed to the Modulation Index)
Modwheel (sends cc01, or can be used in the modulation index)
-

2x QUANTIZE SEQUENCER
-
64 Steps, Stepsize, 64 Patterns, Speed, Play/1shot/Gate mode, Mod amount control, Glide.
-

4x LFO
-
Sine
Triangle
Square
Saw
Random
Noise

Phase Control
Noize Control
Trigger: Free/Gate/Midi/Song
Amt can be routed to the Modulation Index
Rate can be routed to the Modulation Index
-

8x EVENT MERGER
-
Each event merger holds 4 sources to one destination. (As found in the Modulation Index)
-

4x AUDIO MERGER
-
Eacht audio merger holds 4 sources to one destination. (As found in the Audio Routing Index)
-

MODIFIER
-
The modifier has 8 Mod faders. Fader 1 to 4 have bipolar values from -64/+64 and Fader 5 to 8 have bipolar values

from -1/+1
You can select each faders range with the range combo box. The Range rotary divides the selected modifier input and

the faders apply the offset.
(every fader act's as a signal bridge and must be routed further according to the Modulation routing Index)
-

PAN
-
Control Pan from left to right. (can be used according to the Modulation routing Index)
Control the Unison Pan Spread.
-

3x VELOCITY
-
Can be used with the Modulation routing Index.
Can be set to Poly or Mono.
Control Amt and fine amt.
-

3x KEYTRACKING
-
Can be used with the Modulation routing Index.
Control Keytrack value.
Control Glide.
-

4x MODWHEEL
-
Can be used with the Modulation routing index.
Adjust modwheel range with each rotary.
-

TALKMOD
-
Input (according to the Audio routing Index)
Mouth control (can be routed to the Modulation index)
Compress switch
Tone Control
Size Control
Level Control
Mix Control
-

RINGMOD
-
Input (according to the Audio routing Index)
Waveform Select
Pitch Mod can be routed to the Modulation Index
AD Control
Depth Control
Pitch Control
Mix Control
Key Tracking Switch
Wave Draw
-

X/Y
-
Can be used with the Modulatioin routing Index.

MAIN OUTPUT
-
Has 4 Outputs
Crossfade osc 1/2
Crossfade osc 3/4
Crossfade osc 1&2/osc 3&4
Route crossfade mixfunctions to the Modulation Index.
Kill function to disable crossfader and directly send outputs to the Mono FX section and safe some cpu.

*RESOURCES* (This section contains most FX to reduce the interface size)

Select box contains:
MoD Env A (see above Point step envelope)
Mod Env B (see above Point step envelope)
Distortion (5 Bands Distortion FX)
Dynamic Sweep (Ownmade Experimental Sweep and Detune FX)
Arpegiator (Powerfull note, groove, event sequencer)
Diffuser Chorus (FX)
Fattener (FX)
Flanger (FX)
Phaser (FX)
Pitch Shifter (FX)
Stereo Filter (FX)
Chorus (FX)
Grainer (FX)
LoFi (FX)
Reverb (FX)
Gate (FX)
Sync Delay (FX)
Equalizer (FX)
Feedback Pitcher (FX)
Pitch Formula (Modulation FX)
Phase Shifter (FX)
Snapshot (preset control for morphing)
Aftertouch (Modulation routing Index)
Wave Osc (OSC 1 Wave OSC)

***** MODULATION ROUTING INDEX *****
Analog Env1
Analog Env2
Analog Env3
Analog Env4
Mod Env A (Point step)
Mod Env B (Point step)
Quantize Seq 1
Quantize Seq 2
EnvSeq 1
EnvSeq 2
X-Axis
Y-Axis
XY Press
Event Merger A
Event Merger B
Event Merger C
Event Merger D
Event Merger E
Event Merger F
Event Merger G
Event Merger H
KeyTrack 1
KeyTrack 2
Keytrack 3
ModW 1
ModW 2
ModW 3
ModW 4
Vel 1
Vel 2
Vel 3
Modify 1
Modify 2
Modify 3
Modify 4
Modify 5
Modify 6
Modify 7
Modify 8
Gate
LFO 1
LFO 2
LFO 3
LFO 4
ARP Event
On
Pitch Ladder 1
Pitch Ladder 2
Aftertouch 1
Aftertouch 2
Aftertouch 3
Aftertouch 4

*****AUDIO ROUTING INDEX*****
OSC 1
OSC 2
OSC 3
OSC 4
Filter 1
Filter 2
Filter 3
Filter 4
Mixer 1
Mixer 2
Mixer 3
Mixer 4
Audio Merger A
Audio Merger B
Audio Merger C
Audio Merger D
Ringmod
Shaper
Talkmod
EnvSeq 1
EnvSeq 2
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow!

That's a fantastic synth you put together in Reaktor. The demos show a lot of capabilities and a very large range of sounds.

Good job. thumb up

Chrono

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tnx Smile Ill defo make some new preset demo's today couse the latest version i made had affected a lot of snapshots and i had to rebuild 127 new presets. There seems to be a lot of interrest, i dont think this is a topic to promote for selling :p but you can pm me for that.

So i hope you can hear the difference with reaktor and nord, couse in some points of view my nord g2 still lacks dsp processing.. I need a Expansion for the g2 but it's hard to find here in holland.. Tell me if anyone has a spare one pls!

At the moment this synth is best viewed on a 1280x1024 resolution.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I had a look in the Reaktor user library and could not find this, have you posted it there?

Cheers

Andy
Chrono

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it will never be in the user library, or free download :p I will introduce this synth on my website as soon as possible when the interface, documentation and manual is ready. then it can be bought with paypal. (you dont pay for the modules but for the presets, functionality and posibilities on a artist point of view created synth)

i do this becouse it took me lots of work, and all presets are a lot better then most standard hardware presets like on the access virus. Of course not everyone likes rough sounds or heavy detuned and distorted sounds but its all there from Flute to hardcore lead. Arp sequences some noodle like stuff, Dreamkeys , elec piano's and movie FX. And some snapshots(presets) are very difficult to achieve with the nord modular.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems a little against the Reaktor ethos that, I hope you will pay some money to the authors of all the ensembles that you have learnt from or pillaged?
Chrono

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I hope you will pay some money to the authors of all the ensembles that you have learnt from or pillaged?

if thats possible sure but you can't expect that anyone who i learn from to be payed.. and thats exactly the other way around. I spend hours helping people every day i don't always need something in return. and becides im not a huge buisness and then it would be a total different story. Lots of people just pass on when they see reaktor, so don't expect it to be very popular.

everyone needs to begin learning somewhere, there are also books and mostly as i said i figured things out myself. But indeed there are some modules and fx here and there wich i rebuilded or adjusted to get things working properly. 95% is self designed. And still im trying to reduce the other 5% but that just takes time.
Chrono

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here you can download the latest audio demo..

PSYCOLOGIC DEMO.mp3
 Description:
Latest Audio Demo

Download
 Filename:  PSYCOLOGIC DEMO.mp3
 Filesize:  6.05 MB
 Downloaded:  1222 Time(s)

conkulator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Seems a little against the Reaktor ethos that, I hope you will pay some money to the authors of all the ensembles that you have learnt from or pillaged?

I don't think people care really. There are as many "for sale" synths as there are free ones and not necessarily a difference in quality in either direction IMO.

Personally I haven't seen anything yet that's worth paying for. Reaktor is fantastic for creating YOUR synth but that pretty much demands that you do it yourself.

What might be worth paying for is a really well thought out library of small scale instruments.

I've used the Nord Modular to build live rigs for some time and while it's very quick to edit patches it's missing much of the nested behavior that's in reaktor. If you want a modular that feels like an analog modular but has the advantages of digital then the nord is a good way to go. If, on the other hand, you want to build your own synths with interfaces that suit how you play the nord doesn't provide anywhere near the abstraction capabilities that Reaktor does.
shadoe42

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greetings all, first post here. I have to say if the price was right I would consider this. Some of the sounds in here are just 'nasty' in a good way Smile

anyway greets and nice synth.
Chrono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After reading this topic again, i've decided to post the synth ensemble.
You need an up to date pc to run this ensemble.

Furthermore i've noticed as vsti i can load 4 instances without much more cpu load.
That's probably because i'm using a quadcore and each reaktor instance you load can only process on 1 processor. Meaning if you load 4 instances with the same preset the DAW cpu stays the same as the 1st reaktor instance.

PSYCOLOGIC 1.25.ens
 Description:
Reaktor Ensemble

Download
 Filename:  PSYCOLOGIC 1.25.ens
 Filesize:  7.68 MB
 Downloaded:  641 Time(s)

Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Reaktor