electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Putting Together The Dim-C Clone - AKA LUSH Deluxe
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 5 of 5 [112 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
numbernone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey if anyone happens to have the board handy, how big is it? I wanted to order an enlcosure today to beat the holidays but if orgot to measure Embarassed

If not I can wait til 2009, it has taken me THIS long after all.
jfromel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just finished a build of this as a really big pedal

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
numbernone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW Beautiful!

Still need to finish mine...

Have any pics of the inside? I can hardly believe it is all in there, the case being so shallow.
numbernone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW Beautiful!

Still need to finish mine...

Have any pics of the inside? I can hardly believe it is all in there, the case being so shallow.
numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't believe you got all the wiring and everything in such a small box!
jfromel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks,

It's a tight fit, I built a jig that was basically the box without the sides so I could work with it a little better. There 10' of wire carrying audio signal and almost the same amount for the LFO, PWR, etc. If you open the box all you see is the circuit board component side up, all the wiring and off board components are hidden.
numbernone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Began getting mine together last night. On power up it is passing a signal, but with no modulation from the pots, nor any indication of change from the switches. However just sitting in place it still sounds really great, so I am very excited.

Gotta look into the LFO tonite if I have time. In a few days I will begin pestering with questions if I have not gotten it sea worthy yet.
haima

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jfromel wrote:
Just finished a build of this as a really big pedal

I've gotta put mine in a box - it's working nicely!

What box is this? Anyone got a part number?
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i eventually finished this project! i had the PCB laying in a box for years now... below you see the first pictures.
i used a on-off-on switch for three LFO ranges, and i left off the presets completely. i added a LED indicating the internal LFO frequency.
BTW the depth pot did not work that nicely. i changed the wiring to have a simple attenuator and left off R38. now it is going better.

diablojoy

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a really beautiful build mathias Smile
Gregg Hermetech

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

John Fromel built me a wonderful Seraph Deluxe pedal about six years back, and now I'm wondering if I might be able to mod it for Thru Zero Flanging. My unit has a "vibrato" mode, which TBH doesn't sound that great unless the LFO is very slow and the depth is very low. I feel that Thru Zero Flanging would probably be more usable. I'm also wondering if there's an easy way to get the LFO even slower.

Is John still around, or does anyone have the documentation for the build, with TZF? My understanding of electronics has increased somewhat since I bought the unit and I'd like to be able to mod it if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Gregg

My unit has either preset or manual control of rate and depth, individual on/off switches for each channel, and two mode switches (one for manual/preset, and one for regular or "vibrato" mode), plus an attenuated depth CV input on the back.

Bucksears

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm building a reverse-engineered Boss DC-2, but would like to apply the higher-headroom mod as indicated in the first post of this thread (below):

1st UP: How to run the Dim-C at 15v for a MOTM power supply.

1. Change IC10 to a 7806 in a 220 case. (It will be a tight fit and you may need to file a hair off the leads). I am ordering some from a few different mfgs to see what will fit the best. you could also hard wire the 7806 in...
a. Pin 1 to 18v Rail
b. Pin 2 to D8
c. Pin 3 to 6v Rail
2. Change C1 to 100uF with a 25v or higher rating.
3. Change R3 and R4 to 2.21K
4. Make sure C3 is 47uF with at least 16v rating.

In 1a, it mentions to put pin 1 of the 7806 to the 18V rail. Does that mean the power supply will be 18V and not 15V?
Or is the internal supply now running at 15V due to this modification?
Or is 1a a typo and should read Pin 1 to 15v rail?

Any insight would be appreciated - thx!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 5 of 5 [112 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: