electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
M185 sequencer Project - NEW PCB VERSION
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 46 of 46 [1139 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 44, 45, 46
RobJB06

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Ryk,
Any news on the Roland System 100M version?
Cheers! Very Happy
ryktnk

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RobJB06 wrote:
Hi Ryk,
Any news on the Roland System 100M version?
Cheers! Very Happy

Hello

Yes, it is moving forward, at a slow but steady pace:

-I have the first protoypes of the knobs [ yes I am remaking the knobs ! ]
-The big 8-way switches have been delivered.
-Paint samples for panels are being tested.
-PCB's are ready for prototyping.

ryk
nativeVS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject: Clock Multiply feature request Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Ryk,

I've been very much enjoying the sequencer over the past few months, however I was wondering whether it'd be possible to have a fancier version of the clock multiply. Basically I like TD style ratcheting as can be seen here https://youtu.be/n45_CS7hkrM but this requires 6 clock pulses for 1 step (8th note in this case).
In my mind, a solution would be to have various divider settings of MIDI's 24ppq (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 24) which could be selected from a sub menu with these 8 values represented by the 8 leds. Hope this makes some sense.

Whilst I'm already asking for features following are a few other random ideas, but please ignore as you see fit (or put them at the bottom of your priority list; I also apologise if any of those are already implemented).
1) Quantize strength/tolerance; basically allowing some wiggle room (say +/- 1/48 Volts or even less) so that not all pitches are perfectly in tune, but in tune enough to still sound good (obviously over MIDI this would require pitch bend messages per step).
2) Nudging Start/Reset point; just a simple way to move it around with some button combination (say holding start/stop and prev/next). Would also be interesting when the sequence length is shorter than the chosen start point (giving pickup bars) and the AB mode.
3) MIDI Clock Chase doesn't start sequence; some config for that would be great so I can press play on my DAW and when I see fit press the start button to pick up on the correct division of the midi clock.
ryktnk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Clock Multiply feature request Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nativeVS wrote:
Hi Ryk,

I've been very much enjoying the sequencer over the past few months, however I was wondering whether it'd be possible to have a fancier version of the clock multiply. Basically I like TD style ratcheting as can be seen here https://youtu.be/n45_CS7hkrM but this requires 6 clock pulses for 1 step (8th note in this case).
In my mind, a solution would be to have various divider settings of MIDI's 24ppq (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 24) which could be selected from a sub menu with these 8 values represented by the 8 leds. Hope this makes some sense.

Whilst I'm already asking for features following are a few other random ideas, but please ignore as you see fit (or put them at the bottom of your priority list; I also apologise if any of those are already implemented).
1) Quantize strength/tolerance; basically allowing some wiggle room (say +/- 1/48 Volts or even less) so that not all pitches are perfectly in tune, but in tune enough to still sound good (obviously over MIDI this would require pitch bend messages per step).
2) Nudging Start/Reset point; just a simple way to move it around with some button combination (say holding start/stop and prev/next). Would also be interesting when the sequence length is shorter than the chosen start point (giving pickup bars) and the AB mode.
3) MIDI Clock Chase doesn't start sequence; some config for that would be great so I can press play on my DAW and when I see fit press the start button to pick up on the correct division of the midi clock.

Hello

Thanks for the really interesting suggestions, and also great video !
Sounds really cool, and reminds me of the TD Thief soundtrack . . .

For the clock rate, are you suggesting a per stage clock subdivision or global.
For global it would be quite easy to implement the subdivisions you require.

Would it also be usfeul, for non-MIDI people, to have a clock mulpiplier that is selectable for
2,3,4 etc ?

For the 'sloppy quantisation' idea, this could be also be an option, a little harder to implement
via MIDI because of latency, but maybe doable.

For the clock chase idea, this has also been suggested by non-MIDI people, as it would mimick
the bahviour of units such as the Koga Volca boxes which can start or stop whilst the clock
singal is running.

The only problem for all these ideas at the moment is lack of UI space on the current menu
settings system, adding more settings requires adding more submenus, which starts to make
the settings system quite difficult to use.
Perhaps a basic menu, and advance menu might be the answer.

regards
ryk
nativeVS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Clock Multiply feature request Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ryktnk wrote:
reminds me of the TD Thief soundtrack . . .

Indeed, that very sequence being the basis of Diamond Diary, but can also be heard in various concert improvisations from late 70s to mid 80s.

Quote:
For the clock rate, are you suggesting a per stage clock subdivision or global.
For global it would be quite easy to implement the subdivisions you require.

Just global.

Quote:
Would it also be usfeul, for non-MIDI people, to have a clock mulpiplier that is selectable for
2,3,4 etc ?

For the sake of consitency I would think it'd be easier to remember if it's the same for MIDI and internal (also just realised that there's allready a way to subdivide the midi clock to make it slower...).

Thanks for being open to the ideas, but I hear you with the menu problem.
nuipb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Ryk, in your Instagram you speak of "new connections for next year" and an Expander port. Could you tell us a little more about them ?
ryktnk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nuipb wrote:
Hi Ryk, in your Instagram you speak of "new connections for next year" and an Expander port. Could you tell us a little more about them ?

Hello

I am updating the design, and thought it might be a good idea
to add some future connectivity.

Let's see how it works out . . .
So much to do, so little time.

ryk
LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ryktnk wrote:
nuipb wrote:

Hello

I am updating the design, and thought it might be a good idea
to add some future connectivity.

Let's see how it works out . . .
So much to do, so little time.

ryk

Good news! I'm certain bought one of these back in 2008 when the project first started, can't for the life of me work out what happened to it. Would love a new version when it's ready...

nuipb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please tell us more about this beauty !
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKwsk8BBA2V/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
ryktnk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nuipb wrote:
Please tell us more about this beauty !
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKwsk8BBA2V/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Oh . . . we should start a new thread for that
Sorry, cant say much at the moment, but it is definitely not a sequencer !

ryk
nuipb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, but to start a thread there would need to be a name. What's it called ? and isn't this the Expander for the M-185 ?
ryktnk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nuipb wrote:
OK, but to start a thread there would need to be a name. What's it called ? and isn't this the Expander for the M-185 ?

Sorry you’ll have to wait a bit for that, it’s still quite early in design stage ...
... it is not the M185 expander

ryk
nuipb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, looking forward...
ryktnk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New V3.5 firmware for kit builds now available to download drom RYK webshop

New features since V3.33:

- All menus now active whilst seq running

- 15 Quantise scales

- Live Gate Programming for X0X style pattern programming

- Root note and offset can be Pre or Post scale quantise

- Seq A note transpose input via MIDI

- Sync pulse output [ for sync resetting of other sequencers ]

- MIDI Clock output in MIDI to CV Mode

ryk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 46 of 46 [1139 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 44, 45, 46
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: