electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
"Son Of Storm Tide" Flanger
Page 3 of 14 [330 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 12, 13, 14 Next

interested?
yes
97%
 97%  [ 43 ]
no
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 44

psylux

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

herr haible 1 board pls!
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Working on the Prototype ...

JH.

sost_working_on_prototype.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  507.65 KB
 Viewed:  889 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

sost_working_on_prototype.jpg

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
TekniK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

storm approaching..
The Bad Producer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish I had a Synthi on my workbench!
jmejia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My primary interest in this module is to get into k-strong stuff. For that purpose does anyone have any thoughts about using this flanger - vs the doepfer A-188-1?

Would either module be better or worse suited for physical modelling experiments?

I'm doing diy stuff already so that isn't really a factor. (The doepfer would save me some time - but the storm tide would be easier to integrate into my system since I could choose the form factor)

Also - are there other circuits around that can serve this purpose as well that I've overlooked? I know the out of production blacet time machine could do it - and the modcan flanger (too much $$!).

I don't really know of any others. . .
TekniK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just go with this PCB, JH designs are the best imo
StephenGiles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We are currently in Playa San Juan near Alicante in Spain where the temperature has hovered on a max of 35C since we arrived last Thursday. The icing on the cake of course would be to study the schematics of this beast whilst lazing on the beach. Never mind, my mother waited 9 months for me so I can wait!!!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who works in a mess Jurgen!
jhaible

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First Demo - just fooling around - but everything seems to work:

http://www.jhaible.de/sonofstormtide/son_of_storm_tide_1.mp3

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
TekniK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
First Demo - just fooling around - but everything seems to work:

http://www.jhaible.de/sonofstormtide/son_of_storm_tide_1.mp3

JH.

Thanks! funny demo

(funny,but very good..)
Serenadi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

StephenGiles wrote:
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who works in a mess Jurgen!

Very Happy

Mess ?
I'm glad that he's not running out of solder!
Very Happy

Nice Demo, Jürgen, wild thing.

Can you please demo the 1V/Oct abilities of the flanger? Some sort of Karplus-Strong things? Would be great.
The Bad Producer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow Jürgen,

That sounds amazing!

I thought my ears were deceiving me, but they were not - I'd better get those chips in...

Cool
StephenGiles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, an amazing demo, the sound is very clean indeed.
jhaible

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

StephenGiles wrote:

Thank you!

I have put up the schematics meanwhile. I run the BBDs at a rather moderate level and put them inside that compander and germanium-diode-limited resonance loop of the ARP Quadra phaser.

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
StephenGiles wrote:

limited resonance loop.

JH.

Shocked

?

limited?
Funky40

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Serenadi wrote:
Can you please demo the 1V/Oct abilities of the flanger? Some sort of Karplus-Strong things? Would be great.

me too, very interested in Karplus Strong only Demos !
nice Demo , thanks.
jhaible

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
jhaible wrote:
StephenGiles wrote:

limited resonance loop.

JH.

Shocked

?

limited?

Soft clipping - very soft due to Ge diodes, applied to a compressed signal

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:

Soft clipping - very soft due to Ge diodes, applied to a compressed signal

JH.

ah,ok thanks!
StephenGiles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many thanks for the schematics, I've just discovered the black ink has run out on my printer so I'll have to wait until Monday to print them out when I'm at work on A3 Laughing . Jurgen, the BBDs are showing as TDA 102, has a text box shrunk or something?
jhaible

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

StephenGiles wrote:
Many thanks for the schematics, I've just discovered the black ink has run out on my printer so I'll have to wait until Monday to print them out when I'm at work on A3 Laughing . Jurgen, the BBDs are showing as TDA 102, has a text box shrunk or something?

1022 - thanks, I just fixed it.

JH.

jhaible

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Funky40 wrote:
Serenadi wrote:

me too, very interested in Karplus Strong only Demos !
nice Demo , thanks.

Ok, tracking isn't overly good. I adjusted the trimmer roughly, and made these demos:
http://www.jhaible.de/sonofstormtide/sost_karplus_1.mp3
http://www.jhaible.de/sonofstormtide/sost_karplus_2.mp3
http://www.jhaible.de/sonofstormtide/sost_and_wavefolder.mp3

The 3rd one is a combination of my wavefolder and the SoST Flanger in a feedback loop, self-oscillating.

Not as good as my old PM experiments by far, IMO (see http://www.jhaible.de/jh_ana_phys_mod.html). These were made with the old Storm Tide Flanger. But I could never reproduce them with the old one either - I guess it was just a lucky day then - this stuff is very sensitive to all parameters. And generally, the SOST has basically the same signal path as the old ST, so there should be not much difference.

ETA - wait: on these old PM demos, there was a Buchla LPG clone in the signal path as well ...

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok,now we just need those PCB's Very Happy
StephenGiles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jurgen, I don't know if you intend to include a description of "how the various sub modules are connected up" on the SOSTF page on your site - it would be very helpful if you have the time. Being a simple accountant ( Laughing ) I'm struggling on this one!
Last edited by StephenGiles on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi JH,

I sent you an email about this, but I'm planning to get 1 PCB for this project and 1 for the Polymoog Resonator project. I would really like to be able to combine shipping for these, since you charge a flat shipping rate regardless of the # of boards ordered. Since it sounds like these projects will be coming out somewhat close together, is there anyway I could do that with these 2 projects? I'd be willing to prepay for either both or the first project that's ready if it's not too much trouble for you to put a board aside for me then when the 2nd project is ready ship both boards to me.

Really looking forward to both of these projects.
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

numbertalk wrote:
Hi JH,

I sent you an email about this, but I'm planning to get 1 PCB for this project and 1 for the Polymoog Resonator project. I would really like to be able to combine shipping for these, since you charge a flat shipping rate regardless of the # of boards ordered. Since it sounds like these projects will be coming out somewhat close together, is there anyway I could do that with these 2 projects? I'd be willing to prepay for either both or the first project that's ready if it's not too much trouble for you to put a board aside for me then when the 2nd project is ready ship both boards to me.

Really looking forward to both of these projects.

In order to handle all these orders without a professional vending software and without going insane, I try to handle it like this:

You can *either* pre-order the latest project and then get it as soon as it comes out - in that case *no* combined orders are possible.

*Or* you can wait until the shipping flurry of the latest project is over - when I have time between projects, I'm shipping combined orders.

So it's either wait and combine, or be among the first ones and pay individual shipping.

I will not delay any orders, but you can cancel them and re-order later.

I hope to improove this service (or the lack of it) some day, but right now installing a proper shopping basket system etc. on my web page scares me because of the time and trouble involved ...

JH.

TekniK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like 5 pcb's of the storm flanger,but i want to buy them in a combined package togheter with the resonators and solina boards as soon u release them,should i pre-order then the 5 flanger boards to be sure u made enough of them to be able to buy 5 when i will ask u for the combined buy?
Page 3 of 14 [330 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 12, 13, 14 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: