electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
WaveWiper V2.1: PCBs, part kits and front panels (euro)
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: WaveWiper V2.1: PCBs, part kits and front panels (euro)
Subject description: interest check/now available!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After doing a test run I want to order another batch of PCBs for the WaveWiper.
For those wondering what a WaveWiper is:
"The WaveWiper is a circuit, designed to be used as a synthesizer module, that merges two signals together.
It's based on Jim Patchell's Control Voltage Splitter and it splits two input signals in a positive and negative part.
The positive halve of one signal is then added to the negative halve of the other signal and vice versa.
The level where the signals are split can be controlled with a potentiometer (the Wipe pot) or an external
Control Voltage. It has 2 CV inputs, one with an attenuator and for the other one the Wipe pot works as an attenuverter."

More info about it can be found here, here and in the manual.

There are 2 PCBs, one that contains the actual circuit (Circuit Board) and the other one (In/Out Board), that can
be connected to the other PCB by means of pin headers, which has the pots and (1/8") sockets to be used as a 8HP
euro-rack module. The first limited run had green PCBs the next ones will be black. I also made a change to
the power connector so it can now have a MOTM or Dotcom connector as well.

There are 2 part kits available: Kit A with all the parts for the Circuit Board and Kit B with the pots & sockets
for the In/Out Board. So for a fully working (euro-rack) module you'd need both. (+PCBs +front +knobs)

And I also ordered some (euro-rack) frontpanels, made from 2mm PCB material. (black with white silkscreen).
I will most likely add an extra option for knobs aswell, so you can order everything to built a fully working module.

Now before I order more PCBs there are two things I would like to know:
First of course; how much interest is there ?
And how much interest is there in the Circuit Boards compared to the In/Out Boards ? If it is about the same I will
order and sell them as a set like the first run, but if there is a large difference I could order and sell them seperately.

estimated prices:
PCBs: € 1,75 (each)
Kit A: € 3,65 (Circuit Board parts)
Kit B: € 8,15 (In/Out Board parts)
Front Panels: € 4,45 (2mm PCB material, black & white)
Knobs (2x): € 2,35 (Davies Clone with brass insert)

worldwide shipping: € 3,10 ... € 6,85 (depending on weight)

WaveWiper PCB set - first run.jpg
 Description:
first run WaveWiper PCBs
 Filesize:  123.49 KB
 Viewed:  320 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

WaveWiper PCB set - first run.jpg

Last edited by PHOBoS on Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
L´Andratté

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Phobos!
I would like to build one!

1x Kit A
1x Kit B

Very Happy
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I assume you would also like some PCBs with that ? Laughing

btw. I am not taking orders through the forum (at keast not at the moment)
but I will note it down so it can be sold on a first come first served basis.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bubzy

Audio files: 64

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pcbs?!

i'd take 4 at that price, i need some more to add to my backlog.
(dont need the front panel pcb just the brains)

mcop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi PHOBoS,

I'll take a pcb set and a panel when they're available if I may.
cyclic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yep, I'd take a pair of PCBs for sure.

lance
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi yes i would certainly like two of the main pcbs, no panel stuff etc tho.

Many thanks, and especially thanks for putting on the motm header (and for making the price so cheap!!)

Cheers, Ben
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great, so that is 3 sets and 6 single boards sofar. So I'll probably order 10x CB + IOB and 20x CB. The front panels are delayed
because something went wrong during production and the shop is closed for holidays now. So that is going to take another couple
of weeks.

cyclic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,

I'm actually only after a main PCB, not the in out one as I don't use standard jacks.
I'd thought before that they were coming together and I was just going to store the unnecessary one.

Cheers
a.b.o.z.

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,
I'm in for two sets of PCB.s and panels.

Cheers,
Ivan
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just ordered 10 sets + 20 single boards. It will probably take 2-3 weeks for them to arrive. Cool
Moosgummi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello PHOBoS,
I´d like one set of PCBs and a panel
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Front panels and PCB's are ready and being shipped. So if everything goes right I should have them within 2 weeks. Very Happy

post 2500!

AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just in case I forgot... I'm after a front panel pcb only for my working WW Smile
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: WaveWiper front panels Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just received the front panels Razz So I'll probably get the PCBs next week.

WaveWiper - FP.jpg
 Description:
WaveWiper Front Panel
 Filesize:  72.59 KB
 Viewed:  177 Time(s)

WaveWiper - FP.jpg

Grumble

Audio files: 30

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice! Shocked
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

got the PCBs today! Razz

I'll send a pm with ordering info to everyone who showed interest shortly.

WaveWiper PCBs - 2nd run.jpg
 Description:
2nd run of WaveWiper PCBs
 Filesize:  170.38 KB
 Viewed:  175 Time(s)

WaveWiper PCBs - 2nd run.jpg

raph36

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi there! is there any pcb+panel left for order ?, i'd like one or two

thanks
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure there are still plenty of PCBs and front panels (and part kits).
I´ve send you a pm.

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is what the complete (euro-rack) module looks like.

WaveWiper v2.1 - Module 02.jpg
 Description:
Complete WaveWiper v2.1 module
 Filesize:  499.82 KB
 Viewed:  185 Time(s)

WaveWiper v2.1 - Module 02.jpg

khakifridge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
This is what the complete (euro-rack) module looks like.

Neat. Cool

I'd be up for a PCBs+panel set please, if there are still spares.
Paradigm X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, the completed module looks excellent. sadly for me its designing my own and hardwiring.

thanks so much for these, theyre such a good price, its very generous of you. ive ordered two.
Paradigm X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi

bit OT possibly, so apologies, but im looking into a panel design fro this in 5u (motm), and its a bit of pain - i cant fit two in one panel, easily, but one is quite sparse (lots of wasted space).

Do you have any suggestions as to a small utility module or something which would complement this circuit nicely?

(EDIT) looking at the schems, i guess at least i could add additional cv inputs?

many thanks, Ben
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

extra CV inputs are useful or a simple LFO as Dave did with his quad W4ve Wiper.
A wavefolder might be an interesting addition too.

Paradigm X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi - many thanks. i had missed those posts, i will read them in detail when i get a chance. an lfo might well be a great addition, theres a few super simple ones floating around here.

cheers, Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: