electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals » electro-music 2005
The day after
Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: The day after Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EM2005
Some people spend millions for a ride to space.
I spent 50.00 and what a ride I had
Thank you everyone
Today I returned mr.kuit to his departure back to der Haag
we had another crazy day here at my house
Roland burned me a disc of patches for my micro modular and they are
the Merde
Next years conference willalso be the merde start now and never finish
we are one and we are strong head banging monitor
recompas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

within the time of the first performance on friday (and some of chef's food) i had already decided that the weekend was well worth the trip up from Atlanta. Seriously, the people I met, the music and talks I saw, were all absolutely fantastic, and unlike anything i've experienced. To have this all happening in one place in one time was great, and I can't wait to see it happen again.

Cheers to everyone who set this up, contributed in some way, or just showed up to watch. It was good.

-trav

zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was all very good indeed.

How's it going trav? Very Happy

-other trav
ace paradise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: E-M - 2005 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Props to all the organizers and attendees of E-M - 2005

I will need much time to recuperate from this shin-dig.

I Love You All ! Thanks for the Best Time Ever !!!!!

Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked

Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ace,
It was great meeting you, and I have been enjoying your CD. Glad you made it home safely from the Roosevelt.

And the same to you Trav x 2. Enjoyed meeting you.

I'm still in the process of aclimating to non-EM 2005 life.

www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mohoyoho wrote:
I'm still in the process of aclimating to non-EM 2005 life.

you could call the National Rehabilitation Information Center Shocked

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
ace paradise

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: I'm still in the process of aclimating to non-EM 2005 life. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm glad you made it home safe as well. Very Happy
I don't feel alone then. Real life sure is boring after such an incredible weekend. Also, I never got a CD from you or Mike. I suck. I missed your set, but the music on the sampler was awesome. Now I'm pissed that I missed your performance. With all the overlapping shows there was much I missed out on. I would like to get something from you perhaps a latest release. Let me know the best way to get in touch with you.

Great meeting everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

Later, Ace Paradise

cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, it looks like most of the other thread in which people were describing their experiences at em2005 and giving thanks was wiped by the server glitch.
Anyway, I'd like to reiterate was a great time I had. It was life-changing and life-affirming in extremis. Everything from the Chef's catering to the helpful staff and atmosphere of respect and curiosity made this one of the best experiences of my life. I feel truly part of a strong and vibrant community, now.
Thanks, again, to all who made this possible, and I'm really looking forward to next time!

Matt
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We who were stranded on this side of the pond really loved streaming!
It worked great! THX!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ace paradise wrote:
I'm glad you made it home safe as well. Very Happy

who are you talking to Question not to me because I did not attend EM2005 Shocked was I teletransported there without my consent Question Rolling Eyes

p.s.
because of the time warp I had previously posted this message that disappeared but I had saved it for later recovery and here it is Exclamation Am I smart or what Question Idea Wink

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was a fabulous experience. I want to write about it at length, but need to find some time. There is so much to catch up on.

I was lucky to spend about a week with Joker and several days with Rob and Blue Hell (Jan).

The event seems like a dream to me now, a most pleasant and life affirming dream to be sure. Two people told me it was the most inspriational weekend in their life. One was a performer and one was a local person that came out of curiosity and spend virtually every minute there. This is tremendous - how can one ask for more than that?

Thanks to everyone for being so generous...

(more later)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tjt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: fabulous Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
It was a fabulous experience.

Absolutely no doubt. Beautifully run in spite of a demanding schedule of events. Continuous variety and positive energy. Regular discovery of terrific musicians you've never heard of before, but become an instant fan of. Enough time to relax and enjoy friendships new and old. A joy to participate in and witness. Kudos to Howard, Greg, Bill, and all involved.

...Tim...
RFBB

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was a pleasure to meet all of you. What a great group of individuals. The facility was excellent and well coordinated by Howard and Greg. So many thanks go out to several for making this an unforgettable event. Many new friends were made that have given me new insight and new ways to approach my music. I can't thank you enough for the enlightening experience. I wish you all the best in your future endevours and offer my utmost support.
I will be posting pix from my website very soon. Great shots of Xeroid Entity, Amy and Joker, the Roland/Michael Victor/Ace Paradise Jam as well as some candids. Who knew Electronic Music could rock so hard?
Feel free to email me at madhiker@backpacker.com

M.Peck
www.mpeckmusic.blogspot.com
www.reverbnation.com/echotomb
katastatik

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: so much fun! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's hard to find sentiments that haven't yet been expressed about the weekend, but I have to say, I had a great time.

What should be a couple of hour drive took FIVE hours for me, and when I got there around 6:30 and had a half hour to set up before playing @ 7 on Friday eve, I actually said %$# it for a second.

Then, I said to myself: "no - you've GOT to do this"

Aguably one of the better decisions I've made in life. I had a GREAT time playing the first set after dinner Friday. I met a lot of cool people (Hi Ace, Joker, Mark and loads of others)

And then, getting to demo my rig and let people try the manDrum and the P5 VR Glove all day Sat made the whole thing completely over the top for me.

The highlight of the whole shebang was probably watching Joker's Saturday set from about 2 feet away upstairs. Amazing. Sweaty. Cool!

Anyway - thanks everyone for making this event a reality.

chris katastatik mandra

free tracks from live shows @
http://defDumbAndBass.com

Check out my cool psychedelic band TELESMA
http://myspace.com/telesma
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ace paradise

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: To the Best Time Ever !!!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't begin to express my gratitude, for the opportunity to have been included as a performer, in one of the most spectacular displays of talent, ever assembled simultaneously. I'll be forever grateful to Howard, Greg and all the staff, for exceeding every expectation one could hope for. At any event. Also, thanks to all the performers, demonstrators and the beer wenches.
Special Thanks to , Joker Nies, Roland Kuit and Mike ( Fringe Element ) for jamming with me. I've never been made to feel more comfortable and accepted as a musician in my life. Having the great honor of performing with such intelligent and talented musicians has elevated me to realize many new avenues for my own future endeavors.

I'd also like to thank, Wave World ( Now know as the Kizz of Electronic Music) and Amaranth Signal - the boys from tennessee, ( Mike and Mark ) for extending, such wonderful comradery, to a complete stranger. You guys are awesome.

Also, Thanks to Jon Almelah. for Recording the sessions. I can't wait to hear them.

I'm sure there's plenty I forgot, but the amount of sensory overload will
take weeks, If not months to sort out.

I can only say, I felt like Charlie, from Willie Wonka, when he won the golden ticket.

Thanks, again !!! I have some great memories to last a life time.

Why can't every day be Electro-Music Fest !!!!!

peAce to all.

Sincerely, Ace Paradise

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: To the Best Time Ever !!!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ace paradise wrote:

Yes, why not?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: To the Best Time Ever !!!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
ace paradise wrote:

Yes, why not?

Well, it took six months of planning to do a three day event.
I'm sure this can be compressed next time around.
But we're a long way off from doing it with no planning!
ace paradise

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Oh Come On !!!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh Come On. You can do it. Just don't sleep, work three times harder and increase the days from 24 hours to 48. No Problem.

Really though, I don't care how often it happens. I'm just glad I was a part of it and hope to be a bigger part in the future. I'm sure next time, you will have many more eager volunteers, to help out.

mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Greg
any chance of organizing an electro retreat again like the failed one of last year?
now that em05 is history maybe we can draw more electrocisians
to go .
I surely would make it
I understand it would not be for a few months but it would be great to
assemble with the locals in a retreat atmosphere
mtvic
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The retreat concept will be revived.
Not sure exactly when and where yet.
Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals » electro-music 2005
Jump to: