This article is a Stub, you can help this Wiki grow by expanding on it.
There are a couple of radio show formats available.
- The regularly Scheduled shows on the main channel, or you can do an irregularly timed one, or even a one off show - these would all be announced on the forum pages. Streaming in this format needs a stream operator to be involved to make a schedule entry for the show and this will take care of automatic forum announcements for it. The streaming itself can involve a stream operator switching your port to the main channel, or you can use a DJ connect to switch yourself into the main stream.
- Ad-hoc streaming on the open port, or Open Port Streaming. Open Port Streaming will not be automatically announced on the forum pages, but it is possible to put up a forum wide message for it during the show. This model can be used without needing help from a stream operator. This is usually coordinated through the Chat Room.
- Private streaming, in this model nothing is announced, but you can share your sounds with other people this way. This is usually coordinated through the Chat Room.
- Streaming for a special event. This can be very much like Private streaming, except that a stream operator will switch your port to the main stream once your show starts. Or, when you run a regular show, you can use your normal way to connect up.
- Your tracks can be played on the radio as well of course, see the Air Your Tracks section for more on this.
You are only allowed to broadcast material that you own the copyrights for, or material for which the copyright owner gave you explicit permission, or material that is in the public domain. Permission can be as simple as the material having been published under a permissive license (like Creative Commons), or as complicated as negotiating a deal with the copyright holder.
In the latter case you should contact a stream operator to discuss your plans.
Streaming audio on electro-music.com works with some server side software and some client side software. To be able to stream on our server you will need some client software on your computer. Our servers use the SHOUTcast model, your client will have to be compatible with that.
To be able to stream successfully a couple of things must be working. There is a connection component (your client to our server), an audio setup component (where does the audio come from on your computer) and a PR component (how your broadcast will be announced).
For more details on this see the Connection Details section.